Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

5 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Reading are set to lose points. If it's 9 then they drop to 11 leaving Hull on 12 as the target team. If we get another 3 point deduction that means 9 to catch 4th bottom.

It's hard to really forecast where this will all wash out just yet.

October was a terrible month and we may well rue the points missed during that easier period, but it's not over yet.

If reading lose 9 they'll drop to 13 and if we get deducted an additional 3 that'll mean we're still 10 points behind. 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Bielik Record 2020-21

7 Nov – Played 90 minutes L

21 Nov – DNP

25 Nov – DNP

28 Nov – DNP

1 Dec – Played 90 minutes, was booked D

5 Dec – Played 90 minutes, was booked W

9 Dec – Played 90 minutes D

12 Dec - Played 90 minutes, booked D

16 Dec – Played 90 minutes, W

26 Dec – Played 90 minutes L

29 Dec – Played 90 minutes, scored W

1 Jan – Played 90 minutes L

16 Jan – Played 67 minutes, booked L

19 Jan - Played 90 minutes, scored W

23 Jan - Played 90 minutes W

30 Jan – Played 36 minutes, injured W (will add this one to his win record even though he was off quite early)

LDWDDWLWLLWWW

13 games – 6 wins 4 defeats 3 draws

6 games directly after the injury we won 3 drew 1 lost 2

we know what happened after that false dawn ?

Currently has missed 68 games through injury since we signed him according to Transfermarkt.

So 21 points from 13 games. From a team that was otherwise apart from Bielik worse than this season . 

My take on the adjournment, the EFL are not keen on independent tribunals and I do feel Derby have a strong case, the statement which the EFL put out over the covid loan £8 million implied if Derby were to apply they would not recieve it, even though Reading recieved it, later the EFL put out a statement which tried to make out it was Derbys fault for not applying for the loan, David put up the original statement on the site a few weeks ago.

To the Klan in Bristol who would have hung Mel without a trial in their blinkered views, if they did a little google search they would have found Mel was very ill with covid and he also lost his best friend to covid, along with all the extra stress regarding the EFL putting up all obstacles  preventing him selling the club, for which he said he had to put the club into administration for the club to be sold, were they trying to destroy the man financially.

I am not in the know but to call a man scum and to have doubts about his illness when you are such a keyboard warrior, obviously did not fit your agena to do any research before your abuse of the man, over months, you are so sad!

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

As far as I am aware the controversial amortisation decision by the FAP does not set a legal precedent. So it cannot be used again and again to hit us in future years.

it only relates to the 2015 to 2018 period.

Thanks although I feel you may have quoted me in error because I haven't mentioned the amortisation decision setting a precedent

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So 21 points from 13 games. From a team that was otherwise apart from Bielik worse than this season . 

Was interesting though..we seemed to hit decent form around that time (see the games even after he was injured) but for whatever reason that then just fell off a cliff..

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

How did we do last season with Bielik on the pitch? Don’t you think Rooney can identify a decent striker who will join in Jan? What are the chances of at least 1 of the 17 - 21 placed teams falling like a stone? Or further points deductions for others? 

The squad’s mentality will be improved by knowing exactly what needs to be done. Yes there is a mountain to climb but we can survive the drop. 

21pts in 13 games = 1.6 ppg (points per game)

23pts in 33 games = 0.7 ppg

We're currently averaging 1.06 ppg, assuming deduction stays at -12 we need to be average at least 1.4 ppg (another 40pts)

If we continue our current average until the end of the year we will earn an extra 8.48pts.

If we play with Bielik for the remaining 21 games and achieve the same points per game we will earn an extra 33.6pts.

18(current) + 8.48 + 33.6 - 12(current deduction) = 48.08pts

48pts is maybe enough to survive, but obviously pre any further deductions and relies on alot of assumptions regarding achieved points per game.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

If reading lose 9 they'll drop to 13 and if we get deducted an additional 3 that'll mean we're still 10 points behind. 

Has it really come to this, another season relying on a team being deducted points to possibly stay up?

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

On another note..my good lady wife has just had the phonecall from hospital telling her to come in to be induced for our baby number 3..(he was due 2nd Nov).

New life..exciting times..im hoping my club is healthy and preparing for a new life as well, one that my boy can love and enjoy as much as I have throughout my life.

COYR

Congrats Yani. Hope all goes well ?

On 10/10/2021 at 18:07, Oldben said:

If Derby get a further 9 points they are relegated, so of course Derby have to appeal the 12 points already given.

Problem is the appeal against the points route been tried before and it failed.

It's very tough in League One as my understanding is that all clubs have very limited wage budget plus their transfer budgets are the same in as much as they are not allowed to spend beyond a certain amount on transfers.

That was designed to give a competitive level playing field.

Since derbys wages are potentially already to high, if in League One it would mean bringing in new players could be very difficult.

Plus I thought I read that Rooney wouldn't stay at Derby if they are relegated.

When I look at League bias it's very clear that the it exists in the championship, even without derbys transfer embargo, the clubs only allowed to spend a set amount on wages and transfers but those clubs relegated from the Premier league have Premier league quality players plus they get massive parachute payments over 3 years meaning they can be promoted very quickly.

So clubs without the luxury of parachute payments are hamstrung in terms of ability to compete.

In 2020 the salary cap was removed, but regardless I'd still say that if club is relegated it would need the best players from league one acquired for the club, and that's going to take decent championship salaries to acquire them.

The clubs highly unlikely to acquire championship players if in league one.

I think the squad would require significant enhancements to guarantee promotion in one year if relegated.

The administrators might have decided to not appeal the 12 point deduction but instead reduced the potential further 9 points to 15 and that means Derby are even more likely to be relegated.

Under new ownership debt would need to go or the efl might keep the transfer embargo in place in league one and that would really hurt Derby.

Then consideration would have to be given as to Rooneys tenure, I'm not sure I see him capable of promoting Derby in one year from league one.

Rooney was rumoured to say he'd leave if the clubs relegated.

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Rooney was rumoured to say he'd leave if the clubs relegated.

He actually said on camera he would stay if we were relegated..appreciate anything could happen but can't see him walking away..he might get replaced by new owners but he seems to want to do the job here..