Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

32 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've a fair idea he lives abroad, possibly somewhere East, maybe 4+ hours ahead of us - a few clues, particularly the fact that his posts are often after midnight our time. I'm thinking maybe somewhere sad ageing blokes go to exploit young women. I think, therefore, it's unlikely that he gets down the 'Gate' much these days. 

Ouch!!

25 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

I pray this will be done and dusted by the time we play Bournemouth. Hope it's only an extra 3 points which will give us a chance if we can get new faces in January and ownership sorted. We then know how many points we need to stay up. I am now rather upbeat as I can see Reading getting a 9 points deduction bringing them closer to us. I see back end of the season we are in a mini league of six teams where three will go down. I think the last home match against Cardiff will be bigger than the one against Wednesday last season! UTR

And surprise, surprise - our Appeal on the Admin deduction has been "adjourned" by the EFL, according to the DET.  Well, well.  Another delay to incovenience us.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

How did we do last season with Bielik on the pitch? Don’t you think Rooney can identify a decent striker who will join in Jan? What are the chances of at least 1 of the 17 - 21 placed teams falling like a stone? Or further points deductions for others? 

The squad’s mentality will be improved by knowing exactly what needs to be done. Yes there is a mountain to climb but we can survive the drop. 

I think we got half our points last season in games that Bielik played in spite of him only playing a quarter of the season.

I wouldn’t expect him to have quite such an impact this time although he may play more games. I think we have some better players this year. 

45 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've a fair idea he lives abroad, possibly somewhere East, maybe 4+ hours ahead of us - a few clues, particularly the fact that his posts are often after midnight our time. I'm thinking maybe somewhere sad ageing blokes go to exploit young women. I think, therefore, it's unlikely that he gets down the 'Gate' much these days. 

Norwich?  

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

bit naughty @Crewton you need to take the exploit young women comment back. That's not an appropriate label to give anyone

I don't know about that Woodley - I'm not inferring anything at all, merely suggesting possible locations - but if a Mod thinks it should be removed, I'm fine with that.

I'm less concerned about Ploppy's feelings though - he's been calling Derby fans in general some pretty vile names (including, by coincidence, 'vile', and also 'Brexiteers') simply for arguing from the club's POV.

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I don't know about that Woodley - I'm not inferring anything at all, merely suggesting possible locations - but if a Mod thinks it should be removed, I'm fine with that.

I'm less concerned about Ploppy's feelings though - he's been calling Derby fans in general some pretty vile names (including, by coincidence, 'vile', and also 'Brexiteers') simply for arguing from the club's POV.

That Bristol fan should come onto this forum 

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We’ll be down there in less than 4 weeks, maybe we could meet up and have a friendly discussion over a pint or two .?

Would Mr Pop venture outside of the bedroom at his mum's house he still lives in despite being in his 30s?

"I'm going to meet friends mother. Real life friends. Yes they're from my Bristol Rovers forum. Don't roll your eyes at me mother! And yes I want fundus crispy pancakes for tea!...and don't go in my room whilst I'm out. I'll know mother!"

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

How did we do last season with Bielik on the pitch? Don’t you think Rooney can identify a decent striker who will join in Jan? What are the chances of at least 1 of the 17 - 21 placed teams falling like a stone? Or further points deductions for others? 

The squad’s mentality will be improved by knowing exactly what needs to be done. Yes there is a mountain to climb but we can survive the drop. 

Bielik Record 2020-21

7 Nov – Played 90 minutes L

21 Nov – DNP

25 Nov – DNP

28 Nov – DNP

1 Dec – Played 90 minutes, was booked D

5 Dec – Played 90 minutes, was booked W

9 Dec – Played 90 minutes D

12 Dec - Played 90 minutes, booked D

16 Dec – Played 90 minutes, W

26 Dec – Played 90 minutes L

29 Dec – Played 90 minutes, scored W

1 Jan – Played 90 minutes L

16 Jan – Played 67 minutes, booked L

19 Jan - Played 90 minutes, scored W

23 Jan - Played 90 minutes W

30 Jan – Played 36 minutes, injured W (will add this one to his win record even though he was off quite early)

LDWDDWLWLLWWW

13 games – 6 wins 4 defeats 3 draws

6 games directly after the injury we won 3 drew 1 lost 2

we know what happened after that false dawn ?

Currently has missed 68 games through injury since we signed him according to Transfermarkt.

Edited by Yani P

On another note..my good lady wife has just had the phonecall from hospital telling her to come in to be induced for our baby number 3..(he was due 2nd Nov).

New life..exciting times..im hoping my club is healthy and preparing for a new life as well, one that my boy can love and enjoy as much as I have throughout my life.

COYR

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The scenarios are different however.

Last season after 17 games we had 12 points. After 17 games last season Sheffield Wednesday had 9 points, Wycombe had 11 points and Rotherham had 13 points. We were only 1 point behind at this stage last season.

Now, we are currently 9 points behind. We don’t have 18 points, we have SIX points.

And the 18 points we have collected after 17 games would be around 49 over a season. Teams have been relegated from the Championship with more than that total anyway.

Just to match last season’s total of 44 points which was only good enough to stay up due to Sheffield Wednesday’s points deduction, we need another 38 points from 29 games. That would be 60 over a season. 

I’m not saying let’s give up. But, let’s be honest, we’ve only won 4 league games in the last 32 under Wayne Rooney dating back to last season. Hardly screams of mid table form. We’re going down.

Just this really. I'm not sure where people have got this idea all of a sudden that we can claw back a double digit deficit when we've not seen this kind of form over 2/3rds of a season's worth of games. 

18 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Just this really. I'm not sure where people have got this idea all of a sudden that we can claw back a double digit deficit when we've not seen this kind of form over 2/3rds of a season's worth of games. 

Reading are set to lose points. If it's 9 then they drop to 11 leaving Hull on 12 as the target team. If we get another 3 point deduction that means 9 to catch 4th bottom.

It's hard to really forecast where this will all wash out just yet.

October was a terrible month and we may well rue the points missed during that easier period, but it's not over yet.

Edited by 24Charlie