Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Look there is an appeal. The appeal will then publish its findings. They may find Mel had pots of money and could easily have avoided administration . Or they may not.

Let’s wait and see shall we?

Yes I am fine with that, but my general point is even a successful appeal wont make a jot of difference to the outcome of this season. The money used on it could have saved jobs

8 minutes ago, alram said:

YES! We absolutely would be. We were losing MORE money prior to covid happening, Mel has had enough. It is NOTHING to do with covid.

I think the administrators would be better placed to know what Derby’s projected cash flows were before COVID struck compared with what actually happened. And what the prospects of an insolvency event would otherwise have been.They are better qualified , being insolvency practitioners after all and they have access to the books. 

I suggest that the fact that a professional firm in that situation making the appeal that they are may well mean they don’t entirely agree with your statement. And frankly I will go with their judgement , not yours if you don’t mind.

Edited by PistoldPete

7 minutes ago, alram said:

YES! We absolutely would be. We were losing MORE money prior to covid happening, Mel has had enough. It is NOTHING to do with covid.

Absolutely? You can say with certainty?

Post Lampard we were reducing costs but sadly Covid reduced income. There is also the impact on trying to sell the club. To say it has nothing to do with covid when income has been drastically reduced is frankly ridiculous. 

Our wage bill when we lost to QPR at Wembley was £14m I believe, brought into line under Nigel Clough’s tenure.

Then Mel bought the club.

Three seasons later the wage bill had risen to £40m. Yes, our commercial revenue had almost certainly risen and we all got swept up on the McClaren ride.

But, we were merely walking a tightrope for a long time and Covid was merely a gust of wind. 
The amortisation of players seems to be our only defence.

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Well yes. The big hoo haa going on about the Government not accepting the results of an independent commission, and wanting to change the rules.

well the Efl didn’t accept the results of an independent valuation of PPS. No one else challenged it , not HMRC or anyone.  When they lost to an independent commission they changed the rules to stop stadia sales being allowed for.

the EFL didnt accept the results of an independent audit, so complained to an INdependent commission who also agreed with our auditors. So they complained to another panel , one without any accountants on it to get the answer they wanted.

but even then they couldn’t get what they wanted a points deduction. And couldn’t accept the results of that independent commission either, being disappointed with it.

now they are Said to be shocked we are appealing to another independent panel. And want to change the rules on that too to stop clubs doing that.

I mean really how sleazy can the EFL get before they get closed down?

Spot on.  You need to whack this on Twatter, hash tagging among others the EFL, Nadine Dorries and Tracey Crouch

1 minute ago, sage said:

Post Lampard we were reducing costs but sadly Covid reduced income. There is also the impact on trying to sell the club. To say it has nothing to do with covid when income has been drastically reduced is frankly ridiculous. 

Even during Lampard we were reducing costs wage bill down by about £4million I believe but yes after 2018/19 costs came down a lot ..  at least those not subsidised by 32 red.

14 minutes ago, alram said:

you really need to pull your head out the sand if you GENUINELY believe we are in this situation because of covid. absolute and utter delusion.

Of course it is - sure 90% of football clubs are sailing very close to the edge of an unrealistic business model most of the time but football isn’t a realistic business model. - you can actually point the finger at the EFL for allowing it for those 90% of clubs if you like but without ambition and hope football is nothing just ask a Bristol city supporter! 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Even during Lampard we were reducing costs wage bill down by about £4million I believe but yes after 2018/19 costs came down a lot ..  at least those not subsidised by 32 red.

Just to clarify 32 Red increased their sponsorship nothing else 

20 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

It could be the difference between relegation and staying up! 

And even if not and we go under banished to the outer reaches of the football pyramid , would we be allowed back up unless we showed the insolvency was not self inflicted?

it really is a very important point. 

53 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Our wage bill when we lost to QPR at Wembley was £14m I believe, brought into line under Nigel Clough’s tenure.

13/14: £16.4m wage bill (81% of revenue)

Then Mel bought the club.

Three seasons later the wage bill had risen to £40m. Yes, our commercial revenue had almost certainly risen and we all got swept up on the McClaren ride.

16/17: 34.6m (119% of revenue)

But, we were merely walking a tightrope for a long time and Covid was merely a gust of wind. 

It cut the club's income by half.

The amortisation of players seems to be our only defence.

No, amortisation has absolutely nothing to do with this.

1 hour ago, alram said:

Yes I am fine with that, but my general point is even a successful appeal wont make a jot of difference to the outcome of this season. The money used on it could have saved jobs

A successful appeal could be the difference between staying up or going down, how many jobs would that save.

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

It could be the difference between relegation and staying up! 

i admire your optimism but i don't see it coming that close. don't forget we have another deduction coming as well.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I think the administrators would be better placed to know what Derby’s projected cash flows were before COVID struck compared with what actually happened. And what the prospects of an insolvency event would otherwise have been.They are better qualified , being insolvency practitioners after all and they have access to the books. 

I suggest that the fact that a professional firm in that situation making the appeal that they are may well mean they don’t entirely agree with your statement. And frankly I will go with their judgement , not yours if you don’t mind.

that's fine, you can go with their judgement - just don't assume people you know nothing about can do no wrong. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

In what way were we cutting costs? Post lampard we signed rooney on huge wages, and almost over 10 million for bieliek and jozwiak. and please don't come to me saying it was in installments, you still have to pay it.

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE people have actually brought the COVID BS. it is unbelievable to me people are that naive, and it's naive to think the authorities will be that way inclined too. we are the ONLY club that has gone into admin "because of covid", just happens that we were pissing away money the years before that - but that has nothing to do with it! It is like when we were the only club in the country to not sell season tickets "because of covid", you ever think there is more to it? it is widely laughed at across the football world that we are blaming it on covid.

for the love of god people, wake up! I am sick to death of all this off field nonsense and defending people that have no right to be defended. the club has been run into the ground, stop making excuses for them.

Edited by alram