Rooney owner & manager?

Half fan

Now we know that administration could slash the cost of buying DCFC, wouldn't it be great if Wayne led a consortium to buy it?

He has the example of his MU pals buying Salford City.

But DCFC gives him a proper club to buy.

Then he wouldn't have to put up with rubbish owners at Derby or wherever else he plied his trade later.

Come on Wayne, you Ram! You've shown your leadership credentials and achieved a mass of goodwill.

Now go the whole way please!

1 minute ago, Half fan said:

Now we know that administration could slash the cost of buying DCFC, wouldn't it be great if Wayne led a consortium to buy it?

He has the example of his MU pals buying Salford City.

But DCFC gives him a proper club to buy.

Then he wouldn't have to put up with rubbish owners at Derby or wherever else he plied his trade later.

Come on Wayne, you Ram! You've shown your leadership credentials and achieved a mass of goodwill.

Now go the whole way please!

I believe @Footymum2017 suggested back in late April/early May that Rooney was connected with an interested buyer. 

Its clear Rooney & Morris haven't been communicating properly for some time & some cryptic tweets from Nixon a few weeks back suggesting it had got very political & petty internally within the club. It would also tally with Rooney sticking around as from a pure management POV, this job is as a bad a gig in the entire League.

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I believe @Footymum2017 suggested back in late April/early May that Rooney was connected with an interested buyer. 

Its clear Rooney & Morris haven't been communicating properly for some time & some cryptic tweets from Nixon a few weeks back suggesting it had got very political & petty internally within the club. It would also tally with Rooney sticking around as from a pure management POV, this job is as a bad a gig in the entire League.

I disagree with last phrase as how well he is handling things so far must have seen his stock rise a lot

23 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Just said on Radio Derby that Rooney had said he hadn’t spoken to Morris for SIX MONTHS!! 

Maybe wishful thinking, but I think there's reasons why Wayne might want to stay here - particularly proximity to Manchester and his family.  If he was able to bring us back from the edge of calamity then into the prem in a few years, it would be an epic story that would do him no harm whatsoever, and he'd still have plenty of managerial years left in him.

And there's this story which broke last Friday - although I think that date coinciding with news of the administration is likely coincidental as his liquidation would likely have been planned months ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-set-pocket-around-25012530

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I disagree with last phrase as how well he is handling things so far must have seen his stock rise a lot

I meant more that the Derby manager's job was a bad gig - agree Rooney's stock has gone very high indeed

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

Just said on Radio Derby that Rooney had said he hadn’t spoken to Morris for SIX MONTHS!! 

That's just ridiculous if its the case - must have been a real fallout.

Heard a story about Fergie advising ex-players on clubs to manage saying that the key criteria should be the owners & how well they could work with them. Must be a reason why Rooney has gone so clearly against the grain...

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think it is 6 weeks not months. They did say months on the radio but Rooney has said it was August 9th. 

Well when people have a big falling out they tend not to speak. Rooney telling the world the club had lost its pride and dignity might have been part of the reason. Or could just have been a consequence 

no surprise MM left it to the club to inform Rooney about the filing