Here's a (tactical) idea for you Wayne...

IslandExile

Roos

Bryne Stearman Jagielka Davies Buchanan   

Knight   Shinnie 

Morrison 

Baldock.             Lawrence 

on set pieces and throw ins WBA pile loads into the box so leave the two forwards on the half way line and split so to make more room for us to actually defend with some space in our box as WBA will need at least 3 back to cover them especially if our forwards are wide enough and it gives Roos some options to get it forward. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Where is Knight? I would play 3 at the back to allow the wing backs to push on, with Bird/Knight the midfield duo.....Roos in goal.....

i was just thinking for the next game, as Knight isn't ready to start a game. Otherwise I would also put Forsyth in over Buchanan. 

Roos in goal terrifies me. But then Allsop has been pretty poor, and Marshall hasn't even played a game since the Euros. 

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Roos
Byrne Jagielka DaviesBuchanan
               Bird      Morrison
    Jozwiak   Sibley  Lawrence
                   Baldock

Probably this but with Knight for Sibley. 

Not that exciting but in Wayne's eyes, about the right balance of experience and enthusiasm. 

TBF we don't have a goalscorer so we need to have a team that can compete and hope someone has a good night. 

Personally I'm not a Roos fan but Allsop looked like a deer in the headlights and Marshall is probably off the scene. 

I love the energy shown by Williams, Watson and Ebosele but they are still a bit naive at this level. 

16 minutes ago, dabber said:

Roos

Brown Jagielka Davies

Ebosele Morrison Bird Buchanan

Sibley Lawrence Jozwiak

If Ebosele isn't fit then Byrne

That approach actually has quite a lot of merit to it and it's the only 3 at the back lineup that's really caught my eye. Brown at the back gives a little bit more pace, comfort going out into wide areas and ability on the ball. Ebosele is a genuine threat in a wing back position and much more likely to hurt teams than Byrne is and wing back suits him more than being pushed further forward. Also gives the front three a lot of freedom.  

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Probably this but with Knight for Sibley. 

Not that exciting but in Wayne's eyes, about the right balance of experience and enthusiasm. 

TBF we don't have a goalscorer so we need to have a team that can compete and hope someone has a good night. 

Personally I'm not a Roos fan but Allsop looked like a deer in the headlights and Marshall is probably off the scene. 

I love the energy shown by Williams, Watson and Ebosele but they are still a bit naive at this level. 

A midfield of Bird, Morrison and Knight could work well but you really wouldn't want Knight playing at 10. If you stick with a 4231 then you'd want Morrison at 10 but they'd probably better suited a midfield in a 433.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thing is, he has the personnel to change the defence. Not so the attack. Threadbare.

True but tactically he can. It was a change of tactics that helped the defence last night. Not a change of personnel.

The front four of Lawrence, Sibley, Morrison and Jozwiak worked really well in the first half against Forest.

I'd go with that or maybe Watson in place of Morrison, and drop him back into CDM (as I said in the "rate Morrison" thread).

Without CKR/Martin centre forward to hold the ball up, false number 9's, interchanging, high movement, slick passing is the way to go.

I saw your comment about preferring that to having CKR, because he doesn't have the flicks of Martin. True but CKR or a forward that could hold the ball up (not Baldock or Stretton) would have helped against West Brom to stop the ball keep coming back so quickly and mounting the pressure.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

True but tactically he can. It was a change of tactics that helped the defence last night. Not a change of personnel.

The front four of Lawrence, Sibley, Morrison and Jozwiak worked really well in the first half against Forest.

I'd go with that or maybe Watson in place of Morrison, and drop him back into CDM (as I said in the "rate Morrison" thread).

Without CKR/Martin centre forward to hold the ball up, false number 9's, interchanging, high movement, slick passing is the way to go.

I saw your comment about preferring that to having CKR, because he doesn't have the flicks of Martin. True but CKR or a forward that could hold the ball up (not Baldock or Stretton) would have helped against West Brom to stop the ball keep coming back so quickly and mounting the pressure.

Agree about CKR against WBA, would have been a perfect game for him. I was very pleased to hear that he might be back sooner than expected. He gives us another option but like you, I hope we won't revert to that being our only option. 

I still haven't seen the consistency from Sibley and Lawrence to think the front four option would work every game either. And it risks leaving us light further back.

You know I'm Sibley's biggest fan so I hope I'm wrong. Will be good to have a few options to change it around up front but with CKR still out at the moment it is what it is - and for me that's threadbare.