Actor/Actress pigeon holed in one role

Day

9 hours ago, David said:

I don’t know how it’s possible to get past puberty having never watched Terminator... 

I was 9 days short of my 22nd birthday when this was released in the UK.

... A full 10 months after puberty, I'll have you know!

#Think before you post!    

Edited by Mucker1884

23 hours ago, Srg said:

Danny Dyer is good for this... same bloke in everything from Eastenders (minus the swearing) to Football Factory.

Danny Dyer is stuck in an infinite time loop of being nothing more than an exaggerated Danny Dyer impersonator simply doing a slightly exagerrated impression of Danny Dyer in his previous role. I genuinely expect him to eventually spontaneously morph into a jar of jellied eels.

22 hours ago, Srg said:

Someone you'd never expect. He's absolutely phenomenal in it, amazing performance. It's on Amazon Prime Video, a must watch.

Not a patch on his role in Paddington 2. Very good doc on his a few months back, actually a top bloke who only did the FWAAF / Notting Hill / Love Actually role because it was asked of him - he's actually anything but that person.

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Danny Dyer is stuck in an infinite time loop of being nothing more than an exaggerated Danny Dyer impersonator simply doing a slightly exagerrated impression of Danny Dyer in his previous role. I genuinely expect him to eventually spontaneously morph into a jar of jellied eels.

Ironically I watched something once where they tested his acting ability and he’s quite accomplished and can do a variety of accents and tongue-twisters. 

On 11/08/2021 at 23:14, David said:

When you watch a film, see an actor or actress that you struggle to look beyond a character they have played in another film and kinda ruins the film you’re watching…

Daniel Craig - James Bond

Bruce Willis - John McClane

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Terminator

Bruce Willis will always be Korben Dallas for me! 

any Marvel actor

Any Star Wars actor

any lord of the rings actor

Daniel Radcliffe. I have seen him in 2 or 3 good films recently but I can't shake the feeling that I'm watching Harry Potter trying to act.

Someone mentioned Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems, good film and a real departure from his other films which are terrible and he just plays himself. 

I would also throw in Jeff Goldblum who is The Fly (just replayed in Jurassic Park) as he acts/talks in such a idiosyncratic way that I'm always conscious of the fact its him acting.

Matthew Broderick will always be Ferris Bueller to me and Michael J Fox will always be Marty McFly with a touch of Teen Wolf. 

Although it goes without saying the most typecast actor is Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger.