Actor/Actress pigeon holed in one role

Day

When you watch a film, see an actor or actress that you struggle to look beyond a character they have played in another film and kinda ruins the film you’re watching…

Daniel Craig - James Bond

Bruce Willis - John McClane

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Terminator

6 minutes ago, David said:

When you watch a film, see an actor or actress that you struggle to look beyond a character they have played in another film and kinda ruins the film you’re watching…

Don’t agree with top 2. I think of Layer Cake for Craig and Pulp Fiction/12 Monkeys for Willis

Edited by Mostyn6
Typo

18 minutes ago, David said:

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Don’t agree with top 2. I think of Layer Cake for Craig and Pulp Fiction/12 Monkeys for Willis

Scharzenegger - Twins, Kindergarten Cop and Jingle all the way.

Don't think any of these three can be classed as being typecast.

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

All great films, watched at the time of release I would agree with you, if you was to watch now, I wouldn't be able to see past Bond and Die Hard. It hasn't effected their careers as such, although younger actors such as the Harry Potter guy, a series which you would struggle to name a film he was in prior, be harder for them to shake that tag

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Scharzenegger - Twins, Kindergarten Cop and Jingle all the way.

Don't think any of these three can be classed as being typecast.

Isn't the whole point of those films above is that he's being knowingly cast against type, therefore confirming the very stereotype he'd built up?

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

When you hear his name, do you really think of these films or do you say (out loud) 'I'll be back' or 'hasta la vista, baby'?

This. They are iconic quotes and I can't see Arnie in a picture, even on the street riding a scooter and not think.....I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle

4 minutes ago, David said:

This. They are iconic quotes and I can't see Arnie in a picture, even on the street riding a scooter and not think.....I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle

What if you've never seen Terminator and just see him as a bodybuilder who was in a few old films?