Who are the 23?

trekkie_ram

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Should we have and injury or COVID crisis these are the only players we’re able to pick from as replacements  

Harry Evans, Zion Dixon, Reece Nicholas-Davies, Dubum Eze, Nelson Aideyan, Adebayo Fapetu, Kain Ryan, Darren Robinson, Riley Moloney, Callum Moore, Sam Sebagabo, Marko Borkovic, Rhys Brailsford, Eli Christie, Olamide Ibrahim, Cian Kelly Caprani, Harvey Randle, Alfie Roberts, Charlie Rutt, Dylan Williams

and that's assuming that the game doesn't clash with their paper round

My understanding is that it really wouldn't take too much to at least move into a soft embargo and open up an additional 10+ spaces as players under 23 (21) don't count under a soft embargo. Pay the HMRC, publish the accounts and then crack on. 

Mel is dragging his heels, like he has done with everything else to do with the club this summer. I think even if we are in breach of P&S, we still end up in a better situation - similar to Reading. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

My understanding is that it really wouldn't take too much to at least move into a soft embargo and open up an additional 10+ spaces as players under 23 (21) don't count under a soft embargo. Pay the HMRC, publish the accounts and then crack on. 

Mel is dragging his heels, like he has done with everything else to do with the club this summer. I think even if we are in breach of P&S, we still end up in a better situation - similar to Reading. 

And the accounts have to be submitted by this time next week whatever happens, so talk of selling/releasing players to create another slot is too rash at the moment, let's see where we are at next week and take it from there. 

Edited by r_wilcockson

16 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Championship competitive. Relax everyone  ?

Same keepers bar Allsop who looks a bit scary.

Worse defence than last year 

Same midfield plus Morrison 

Same forwards less Waghorn and Gregory.

Didn’t we escape relegation by a whisker?

I’m all for optimism but we need about four more to survive the drop.

3 hours ago, tinman said:

Should we have and injury or COVID crisis these are the only players we’re able to pick from as replacements  

Harry Evans, Zion Dixon, Reece Nicholas-Davies, Dubum Eze, Nelson Aideyan, Adebayo Fapetu, Kain Ryan, Darren Robinson, Riley Moloney, Callum Moore, Sam Sebagabo, Marko Borkovic, Rhys Brailsford, Eli Christie, Olamide Ibrahim, Cian Kelly Caprani, Harvey Randle, Alfie Roberts, Charlie Rutt, Dylan Williams

Collectively that lot amount to probably 1/3 of an anya...... ?

1 hour ago, r_wilcockson said:

And the accounts have to be submitted by this time next week whatever happens, so talk of selling/releasing players to create another slot is too rash at the moment, let's see where we are at next week and take it from there. 

Agreed. Although, the status with the HMRC still remains unknown. I think it was one of the questions put towards Mel at the meeting, but can't see I've seen a direct answer for it. I know Chris Coles said we were looking to pay the taxman 'some' money a couple of weeks ago, but it's still listed on the EFL website as being one of the reasons behind our embargo. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Agreed. Although, the status with the HMRC still remains unknown. I think it was one of the questions put towards Mel at the meeting, but can't see I've seen a direct answer for it. I know Chris Coles said we were looking to pay the taxman 'some' money a couple of weeks ago, but it's still listed on the EFL website as being one of the reasons behind our embargo. 

Wasn't the reason behind not paying HMRC yet because we have to see what's in the accounts we can publish to know how much we have to pay? Could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, r_wilcockson said:

Wasn't the reason behind not paying HMRC yet because we have to see what's in the accounts we can publish to know how much we have to pay? Could be wrong. 

Potentially, but I'd imagine it would be to do with the VAT deferral that Morris (or Pearce) said that we and many other clubs took advantage of during Covid. However, my understanding is that it was required for payment by the end of June - at least from my own experiences. 

It looks like we are the only side in the Football League with that particular charge to our name, so since the deadline has come and gone and we're the only one left and we know Derby took advantage of that particular scheme. It's not to say that it is still not tied in with the publishing of our accounts though. It could be a bit of both.  

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

My first thought is cash flow problems - as is my second, third and fourth.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

But the amount owing to HMRC might turn on the accounts, also the EFl might be arguing for an accounting approach that prejudices our ffp position. In which case it makes sense to hold firm against the EFl to negotiate a better outcome. 
The problem Mel has is, the EFl will assume he does not want another dispute because that might stop a sale of the club. So 18August is pretty much a deadline for him to do a deal with them - they will know this and it might mean they are inflexible 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Some of those midfielders are a year older… Bird, Sibley, Knight and Watson, who has looked decent, wasn’t in the first team picture this time last year 

Perhaps cause for slightly more optimism 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

You’re forgetting to factor in a full pre-season together, free of Cocu pointless keep ball and Rooney doing what he believes in rather than trying to play each game individually as he admitted to for last season. P.s Waghorn was shocking, his loss alone is a massive positive ?

Edited by Igor Igor Whats the Score?

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think it’s because our accounts will land us in more trouble. EFL have made it clear they’ll be nicer to us once he’s gone so he’s probably looking to sell us first.