Ravel
Watson
Hutchinson

Forwards
Kazim
Lawrence
Jozwiak
Stretton

So we could play 4-5-1 with all academy players if we promote a goalkeeper?

mmm

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

PAYE and/or VAT?

We’ll if we’re making a loss I’d imagine we’re paying out more VAT than receiving… and as for PAYE that would be paid out of the players wages so we wouldn’t be behind on that. 
VAT is a real possibility but surely not to such a troublesome amount… 

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

We’ll if we’re making a loss I’d imagine we’re paying out more VAT than receiving… and as for PAYE that would be paid out of the players wages so we wouldn’t be behind on that

Employers also have to pay National Insurance Contributions on top of what's taken out of the players wages.  That will be quite substantial in our case.

37 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

We’ll if we’re making a loss I’d imagine we’re paying out more VAT than receiving… and as for PAYE that would be paid out of the players wages so we wouldn’t be behind on that. 

The trouble with tax bills of all kinds is that they are retrospective, so the temptation would be "Let's borrow from that now - we can make it up over the next 3 months" - and suddenly, a cash flow problem materialises for whatever reason, and then you are not in a position to pay back what you have borrowed - so in order to make that right, you borrow from somewhere else... and if the cash flow problem continues, the problem is compounded. Then you need a bridging loan, etc etc etc.

52 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

We are making a loss - because of high wages which don't attract VAT - so will owe more than we collect.

The PAYE (and NI) is deducted from wages, but if we haven't paid it to HMRC (used it to support other cashflow issues), then they may want it now!

• 2 weeks later...

I think our sqaud is starting to come together. The additions of Jagielka and Baldock was massive for me. I'd still like another 2-3 though as we still are a bit thin.

I'd be interested in having Mengi and Garner on loan and maybe a wide man. Would we have Patrick Roberts back?

10 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think our sqaud is starting to come together. The additions of Jagielka and Baldock was massive for me. I'd still like another 2-3 though as we still are a bit thin.

I'd be interested in having Mengi and Garner on loan and maybe a wide man. Would we have Patrick Roberts back?

I think we are close to being ok right now and could probably make a fist of it as we are. For my money the priorty order for signings:

A quick CB

Short term cover at DM (ideally right footed)

A striker better than Baldock (i.e. does what Baldock does but more clinical)

RW/RAM - Ideally a left footed player

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

Yep. Getting very close to an ideal situation of 2 first teamers per position, with 3rd choice being an inexperienced youngster.

GK: Roos, Allsop, Marshall

RB: Byrne, Ebosele  McDonald

CB: Jagielka, Stearman, JBrown

CB: Davies, ???, Cashin

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth, Williams

CM: Bird, Bielik, LThompson

CM: Shinnie, Knight

RW: Jozwiak, Sibley

AM: Morrison, Watson

LW: Lawrence, Hutchinson

CF: Kazim, Baldock, Stretton

If we were to make a signing, it would likely be at CB or CM.

The odds of our first 3 CBs picking up injuries will be quite high, perhaps Rooney wouldn't want to risk Cashin/JBrown being backup.

Without Knight and Bielik, we're a bit short in the CM positions. A loan until Jan would be ideal.

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yep. Getting very close to an ideal situation of 2 first teamers per position, with 3rd choice being an inexperienced youngster.

GK: Roos, Allsop, Marshall

RB: Byrne, Ebosele  McDonald

CB: Jagielka, Stearman, JBrown

CB: Davies, ???, Cashin

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth, Williams

CM: Bird, Bielik, LThompson

CM: Shinnie, Knight

RW: Jozwiak, Sibley

AM: Morrison, Watson

LW: Lawrence, Hutchinson

CF: Kazim, Baldock, Stretton

If we were to make a signing, it would likely be at CB or CM.

The odds of our first 3 CBs picking up injuries will be quite high, perhaps Rooney wouldn't want to risk Cashin/JBrown being backup.

Without Knight and Bielik, we're a bit short in the CM positions. A loan until Jan would be ideal.

17 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think we are close to being ok right now and could probably make a fist of it as we are. For my money the priorty order for signings:

A quick CB

Short term cover at DM (ideally right footed)

A striker better than Baldock (i.e. does what Baldock does but more clinical)

RW/RAM - Ideally a left footed player

I agree a quick centre back would be on my list if we could make any further additions. Mengi would be my first pick on loan.

I feel we have enough strength in depth at CM but a injury to Morrison, Bird or Shinnie would soon change that. So I'd welcome a six month loan for someone like Garner.

For me the third would be another wide man who would impact the game either starting or off the bench, as I feel we are short of numbers of natural wide men. 

18 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

As Baldock and Jagielka are replacements, does that mean that Kazim-Richards and Bielik aren't allowed to play until we are out of embargo?

EFL gave us permission to sign the 2 extra's due to long term injuries. But they are only 6 month short contracts, if Kazim-Richards and Bielik are fit before the 2 on short term contracts are up we will still be able to play them. Basically we have 26 players in our current 1st team squad, but on the injury list we have Bielik, Kazim-Richards, Knight, Ebosele and Lawrence. The last 2 probably will be fit after the Boro game