Joz the new scapegoat??

Big Trav

31 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I think there’s a big difference between ‘expressing anything less than a positive opinion’ and calling a player a ‘fraud’

Its not necessarily the opinion that’s the issue for me it’s how it’s expressed.

If somebody has a bad game it’s fair enough for anyone to criticise (ironically I thought he did alright tonight!) but there’s ways to go about it.

I made the comment based on the opening premise of the thread being why are there so many haters....so yes totally agree that it's how the opinion is expressed.

Haters and fraud are totally inflammatory remarks. But one seems to be ok to use and the other one not. Just asking for a little consistency. Maybe I ask for too much. 

Gives Tom a rest from it I suppose,  .

There is always a group who just like to sacrifice a player.

We a team in a effing mess with uncertain financial future, a team that has to be made up of young inexperienced players, unable to bring in players and all some want to do is find a scapegoat to vent they anger.

Yes joz has not created the same as he has with Poland but let's ffs get behind the team and be as 1 Derby County football club. 

It worked well under the lampard season

Joz is probably my favourite current Derby player. But as an attacker, he has to attack more. He rarely looks to beat a man and he’s almost afraid to shoot. His scuffed, weak crosses are frustrating too.

He’s still our most technically gifted player though and that’s why I enjoy watching him play regardless. Excellent first touch, control and dribbling ability.

He just needs to find an end product and he will become a decent PL player.

Jarrod Bowen was in the same boat before that one breakout season with Hull around 2018. Joz is a little further behind in progression at his current age but the potential is there to follow in a similar trajectory.

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Thought he got better as the game went on. Need to be careful with him as not long come back from the Euros. Don’t want him to get injured. Still think he can be a top player for us this season. 

He played 3 games and his Euros Finished on the 23rd June, nearly 8 weeks ago. 

Edited by TexasRam

35 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

He played 3 games and his Euros Finished on the 23rd June, nearly 8 weeks ago. 

You have to be aware that his rest was different than other players though? He was in the Poland camp training at an elite level all summer, even if it was only 3 games.

So he started his summer break later, and came back into the fold later, so in terms of coming back to first team fitness after the break, he's catching up.

That's what Rooney meant when he said he wasn't quite ready for Saturday. He's not been back with the squad quite as long.

Look, you can call that an excuse if you want but it is a fact that he hasn't had the same preseason as the rest of the squad and may take an extra couple of weeks

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

You have to be aware that his rest was different than other players though? He was in the Poland camp training at an elite level all summer, even if it was only 3 games.

So he started his summer break later, and came back into the fold later, so in terms of coming back to first team fitness after the break, he's catching up.

That's what Rooney meant when he said he wasn't quite ready for Saturday. He's not been back with the squad quite as long.

Look, you can call that an excuse if you want but it is a fact that he hasn't had the same preseason as the rest of the squad and may take an extra couple of weeks

So he should be fit as a fiddle and well rested as well since June 23rd. Its an excuse, and another one to add to the list 

New country 

New league 

Covid 

Mate got injured 

Not seen his Mrs

Now, the Euros 

Not saying he’s not a good player but the excuses need to stop and he needs to start producing in a Rams shirt. 

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm just waiting for him to do something.

Remember Ward against Forest, or Russell against Forest, I want to be seeing goals like those from him.

He should be someone that gets you up off your seat but that isnt happening at the minute.

I don't get this, he isn't the same type of player as these 2.

Jozwiak will be awesome for someone at some point. The worry is it might not be Derby but somewhere else.

Right now he needs support. The times throughout the years either at the Bbg or PP we’ve roared on players when they have shown commitment either in a crunching tackle or a lung bursting run. It must give the player a huge lift. The players haven’t had that support during this time. Yes Jozwiak hasn’t been the player as of yet we may have expected when he signed but there is a heck of a player there.

The time he’s moved over in is unprecedented. Now is the time to show our support not jump on him every time he twists and turns and it doesn’t come off. 

8 minutes ago, Bosshogg said:

Jozwiak will be awesome for someone at some point. The worry is it might not be Derby but somewhere else.

Right now he needs support. The times throughout the years either at the Bbg or PP we’ve roared on players when they have shown commitment either in a crunching tackle or a lung bursting run. It must give the player a huge lift. The players haven’t had that support during this time. Yes Jozwiak hasn’t been the player as of yet we may have expected when he signed but there is a heck of a player there.

The time he’s moved over in is unprecedented. Now is the time to show our support not jump on him every time he twists and turns and it doesn’t come off. 

well said. players have good and bad games. joz wouldnt be a regular for poland if he was crap

10 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’ve been a critic of Jozwiak but one game where he shows promise doesn’t change the other 30+ games where he hasn’t produced anywhere near enough that a player of his standard should be. 

I just hope the performance wasn’t because he was being watched in the stand by scouts from other teams. 

He stated very clearly soon after he arrived that he wanted to play in an attacking team. In my opinion he is not a great deal of use in a battle of attrition.

39 minutes ago, Rampage said:

He stated very clearly soon after he arrived that he wanted to play in an attacking team. In my opinion he is not a great deal of use in a battle of attrition.

He's also stated that he enjoys defending. Perhaps a more balanced view wouldn't go amiss. Plus why even in a 'battle' won't we be attempting to attack with flair?!

10 hours ago, cosmic said:

I think I recall some pundit saying that for some players going away on international duty is a nice escape when you’re not having the best of times at club level. You’re more relaxed and in a familiar environment. I don’t think it’s too far-fetched to suggest he’s not looking confident or comfortable at the moment at Derby.  

My impression is he was better when Beilik was on the pitch. Applaud his effort and his close control (particularly good yesterday). But his overall effectiveness last season was undeniably disappointing despite some good link play with Byrne.  I think many fans got very tired of watching him dribble skilfully up long winding blind alleys 

Edited by kevinhectoring

First goal yesterday shows what he can bring to a team, beats two men with his feint then about three more with a progressive ball. No goal, no assist but that goal doesn’t happy without him.

He looked good yesterday and we seemed to have lots of runners around him, i think some of the “first team” still have that fear of making runs off the ball that comes from lack of confidence.

I am not sure he’ll ever be a genuine goal threat from wide but he’s an excellent footballer and it is up to Rooney to find a role for him in the team that gets the best out of him and those around him

On a side note, Sibley picks up some excellent positions between the lines which really helps a player like Jozwiak. 

Edited by nottingram