21/22 Player Match Ratings - Huddersfield (H)

Rampant

Roos…..7 2 good saves

Byrne….5 Not at his best. Didn’t get forward.

Forsyth…7 Good game. Solid.

Davies…..7 Good game. 

Stearman…6 Solid & dependable

Bird………..5 Below par

Shinnie……6 His usual stint

Watson……5 we need more forward passing

Lawrence…4 Ineffectual. More needed.

Jozwiak……4 Ineffectual. More needed.

Kazim………6 worked hard. Tiring early.

Sibley……….8 Bright, sharp. Threat.

Ebosele…….7 Very capable. Good effort on the left of midfield.

Roos…..7 - crucial save late on with his legs

Byrne….6.5 - up against their best player. Hampered by a booking which held him back

Forsyth…7 - my MoM and very under appreciated 

Davies…..7 - solid and a leader. Very happy he signed. 

Stearman…7 - see Davies above!

Bird………..6 - looked to be hampered by an injury to me. Not as impressive as in previous season but solid.

Shinnie……6.5 - solid and broke up play for us

Watson……5 - found it difficult to get involved. Personally he’s not effective higher up the pitch where he struggles to find time and space 

Lawrence…5.5 - worked hard to get things going but didn’t really affect our forward play.

Jozwiak……5 - struggled as I’d expect from someone who’s not had much of a pre season. Needs to have an end product.

Kazim………6 - had little or no support until Sibley came on. Worked hard but no service.

Sibley……….7 - Showed energy and some pace when he came on. Had 3 efforts on goal, one he should’ve done better and one forced a great save that could’ve won the game.

Ebosele…….6 - didn’t really have any impact and I prefer him on the right coming from much deeper. Being further up the pitch as an attacker doesn’t make you more of a threat just easier to mark. A right back for me and an attacking threat of one too.

Roos           7

Byrne          5

Forsyth       8

Davies         7

Stearman    7

Bird             5

Shinnie       6

Watson       7

Lawrence    6.5

Jozwiak      5

Kazim          7

Sibley          7

Ebosele       6.5

Roos - 7 didnt put a foot wrong made a couple of good saves and a decent punch 

Byrne-  5 struggled against Thomas the left winger, better in the second half 

Forsyth- 7 excellent today, my MoM winning headers and lots of energy

Davies - 7 Goal and very steady at the back, his knowledge was needed today

Stearman - 6 stuck to his task was shattered at the end of the game, good debut 

Bird - 6 didnt see enough of him, but when he had the ball he looked composed more involved second half

Shinnie - 5 poor first half, looked off the pace better in the second half

Watson -6 played on the left, is more effective in the middle linking play worked his socks off and could have had a pen

Lawrence -6  looked for the ball, much better work rate. when he is on the ball you can see his quality

Jozwiak -5 needs to pull the trigger, he gets in good postions and then dosnt shoot 

Kazim - 6 won most of his headers and battles but on his on with little support

Sibley - 7 He took on their defence and fired shots off, Jozwiak needs to take this onboard. lifted the crowd 

Ebosele - 7 I thought he was a speed merchant but he also has a wondeful touch this guy is a big talent

9 hours ago, Rampant said:

Ah. Am I to assume this is your bag? I was sure I'd seen a ratings thread last year but couldn't see one for the new season. 

Feel free to copy these ratings over thus far to your thread if so ?

Uncle @sage always gave us a “cheers” for every match rating we did ?

Roos - 7 Crucial save late on and generally accurate kicking to Fozzy. 

Byrne-  4.5 Really struggled against the winger and didn't offer much going forward.

Forsyth- 8 MOTM Excellent going forward - our best outlet and good passing.

Davies - 6.5 Exposed by lack of pace and high full backs at times but reads the game so well.

Stearman - 6 Did as well as could be expected - we're going to be hit on the break badly if we have play them together all season.

Bird - 6.5 Struggled to get on the ball - we are a much better team when he has the ball. Two of our best moves came from his passes - to Watson and through the lines to Sibley second half.

Shinnie - 5 Started brightly but started to lose his battles towards the end of the 1st half. 

Watson -6 Worked hard on and off the ball. Not suited to the wing but looks like he has something. 

Lawrence - 6 Worked very hard but poor quality on the ball, aside from 1 lovely turn. 

Jozwiak -4.5 Couldn't get in the game, and seems to either lack confidence or know what he's trying to do. 

Kazim - 6.5 Won most things - needs other attackers to be running off him. So frustrating when you can see he's going to flick the ball on but the wingers don't anticipate it.

Sibley - 7 Has to play. He's going to do some silly things but he makes us look so much more dangerous. Give him a run in the team and don't drop him after 1 bad game!

Ebosele - 6.5 Exciting player - not just speed and power but looks to have composure of the ball too. Needs to make better runs off the ball in to space - but that seems a team wide problem.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Roos           7

Byrne          6

Forsyth       8

Davies         7

Stearman    6

Bird             5

Shinnie       7

Watson       6

Lawrence    5

Jozwiak      3

Kazim          6

Sibley          7

Ebosele       6

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Uncle @sage always gave us a “cheers” for every match rating we did ?

Is that a personal thank you to each ratings provider or an emoji type thing? I was planning on a collective thank you after a few days of ratings being posted foe each Championship match. Blimey, tough crowd.

Here's what I'll do. 

At the end of the season I'll do a draw for anyone who has posted a minimum of 40 out of 46 ratings. The lucky Ram who gets drawn out will receive a free £10 bet for any football related market. Any winnings, including stake, are yours to fritter as you deem fit. For those who are sick and tired of gambling and its place in sports advertising - and believe me I am with you to a degree - you can just donate the £10 to a charidee of your choosing. Or buy a house in Nottingham.

Just now, Rampant said:

Is that a personal thank you to each ratings provider or an emoji type thing? I was planning on a collective thank you after a few days of ratings being posted foe each Championship match. Blimey, tough crowd.

Here's what I'll do. 

At the end of the season I'll do a draw for anyone who has posted a minimum of 40 out of 46 ratings. The lucky Ram who gets drawn out will receive a free £10 bet for any football related market. Any winnings, including stake, are yours to fritter as you deem fit. For those who are sick and tired of gambling and its place in sports advertising - and believe me I am with you to a degree - you can just donate the £10 to a charidee of your choosing. Or buy a house in Nottingham.

I used to give a 'cheers' emoji to everyone as I entered the data in my spreadsheet. It was partly a thank you but also an indicator of how far I had got entering the scores.

8 minutes ago, sage said:

I used to give a 'cheers' emoji to everyone as I entered the data in my spreadsheet. It was partly a thank you but also an indicator of how far I had got entering the scores.

I'll provide a suitable emoji after each match ratings has 'closed'. I'll be sure to convey my affection - and indeed love - for all who partake. 

? (just practicing)

Ratings closed - many thanks for your scores. 

DCFC Fans Forum Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (H):   

Craig Forsyth      ( 7.50)

DCFC Fans Forum Man of the Match Awards:

Craig Forsyth          1

DCFC Fans Top Five of the Season after Matchday 1/46:

Craig Forsyth              7.50

Kelle Roos                     7.27

Curtis Davies              7.00

Louie Sibley                 6.80

Richard Stearman     6.48