21/22 Player Match Ratings - Huddersfield (H)

Rampant

I may well collate our ratings into some kind of forum POTY type thing. 

Half points acceptable and use 6.0 as a score for an average performance. Named players only. Go.

Roos

Byrne

Forsyth

Davies

Stearman

Bird

Shinnie

Watson

Lawrence

Jozwiak

Kazim

Sibley

Ebosele

Roos           8.0

Byrne          5.0

Forsyth       8.0

Davies         7.0

Stearman    7.0

Bird             6.0

Shinnie       5.0

Watson       5.5

Lawrence    7.0

Jozwiak      5.5

Kazim          6.5

Sibley          6.5

Ebosele       6.5

Roos           7.5

Byrne          5.5

Forsyth       8.0

Davies         7.0

Stearman    7.0

Bird             6.0

Shinnie       5.0

Watson       5.5

Lawrence    6.0

Jozwiak      5.5

Kazim          6.0

Sibley          6.5

Ebosele       6.0

5 hours ago, Rampant said:

Ah. Am I to assume this is your bag? I was sure I'd seen a ratings thread last year but couldn't see one for the new season. 

Feel free to copy these ratings over thus far to your thread if so ?

You carry on chap. Happy to hand the torch over. It was a comedy Harrumoh

Roos 7 - couple of good stops & good with ball at feet. Did OK against their very good delivery from wide

Byrne 5 - struggled against their left winger/wing back & barely ventured up the park

Forsyth 8 - thought he was very good today. Constant out ball for Roos, looked a lot more assured in possession & put some decent delivery in too

Davies 8 - very composed all game & got the goal. Leader

Stearman 7 - very steady, good in the air & rarely looked flustered. Good debut

Bird 5 - dont think the tactic of Lawrence picking the ball up deep & him moving out left does much for his usual game. I want Max on the ball & directing traffic

Shinnie 5 - sloppy technique at times & some weak set pieces. Tenacious as usual when in right position

Watson 6 - some good touches & ran onto a through ball for first half penalty shout. Anonymous at other times, want to see him demanding the ball, one touch & then moving into space to drag defenders around

Lawrence 6 - lot of effort but getting the ball too deep to hurt the opposition. Needs to be final 3rd around Kazim

Jozwiak 4 - poor today I'm afraid. Noticed men running past him a couple ot times & his general quality on the ball not good enough. Missed a very obvious pass to slip Sibley through on goal second half

Kazim 5 - struggled with lack of support & generally seemed muted. Lost his man for their goal

Sibley 7 - as ever, direct & looked to run beyond Kazim. Couple of decent efforts second half & our best chance of a goal

Ebosele 6 - couple of flashes but couldnt get him into space to drive at them. Agree with Rooney he's wasted at RB

Edited by LeedsCityRam

10 hours ago, Rampant said:

Roos 7 his catch under pressure late on was very encouraging 

Byrne 5.5 struggled second half

Forsyth 8 MoM 

Davies 7.5 captain without armband

Stearman 7 thought he looked good  for saying they hadn’t played together cbs were ok

Bird 6 not a holding midfielder imo hit a good pass first half needs to play further forward 

Shinnie 6 love him but his first touch is often poor  works hard hit a cracking pass late on

Watson 6 got bullied a bit  clearly got skill

Lawrence 6 worked hard enough but little to show for it

Joswiak 5 see above  why didn’t he shoot?

Kazim 6 works so hard needs runners

Sibley 7 much needed spark  when he came on we had someone who ran and could be found as a moving target v static before that.

Ebosele 6.5  I like the look of him  blinking quick and looks like he’s becoming a bit of a unit  interesting to see how he develops 

Edited by RIMBAUD

Stand outs were Roos and Forsyth, Sibley did well when he came on. Watson isn’t a winger would like to have seen him inside to get the best out of him, he’s got a good touch and can spot a pass. 

Jozwiak and Byrne weren’t great although Byrne did have his hands full with their winger. Bird and Shinnie were too flat sat in front of the back four, one needed to be slightly ahead of the other as at times I thought the midfield were overrun a little bit.

Centre half’s we’re good but you do worry sometimes about the lack of pace and nearly caught out a couple of times, Buchanan will help with that when fit in the cover.

Roos - 7

Byrne - 6

Forsyth - 8

Davies - 7

Stearman - 6

Bird - 5

Shinnie - 5

Watson - 6

Lawrence - 5

Jozwiak - 4

Kazim - 6

Sibley - 7