EFL Verdict

DCFC90

More pathetic sabre rattling from a governing body so far up its own arse it can't see the wood for the trees. Their reputation lies in tatters and still they hound their own member clubs. This is the beginning of the end for an arcane, self-serving, Premiership lapdog and I for one can't wait to see the back of them.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

More pathetic sabre rattling from a governing body so far up its own arse it can't see the wood for the trees. Their reputation lies in tatters and still they hound their own member clubs. This is the beginning of the end for an arcane, self-serving, Premiership lapdog and I for one can't wait to see the back of them.

Suspended three point penalty for not paying wages is the supercompromise that makes all parties look like they have gained /not lost in a difficult impasse. Not paying wages is easy to prove and should not occur. If we fail to pay wages once more then a three point penalty does not seem totally outrageous but could alter relegation or playoff standings. To me it is a reasonable outcome to a sorry protracted business. Now to get rid of the transfer embargo and move on towards so called normality. COYR

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The easiest way to avoid a suspended points deduction for not paying players on time is to pay the players on time.

The BZG takeover falling through was simply not an excuse. Until Mel no longer owns the club its his responsibility, simple. 

Think your being a bit harsh mate 

if the club were as close t a takeover as possible then like any business changing hands accounts and have to be frozen in a period in time to enable a transfer 

someone with greater knowledge on this than we I’m sure will be able to explain it better 

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The easiest way to avoid a suspended points deduction for not paying players on time is to pay the players on time.

The BZG takeover falling through was simply not an excuse. Until Mel no longer owns the club its his responsibility, simple. 

Trouble is, if the new investor promises to pay the wages and Mel goes to bed thinking all’s sorted. Then it’s not, I guess it’s Mels fault right?

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Trouble is, if the new investor promises to pay the wages and Mel goes to bed thinking all’s sorted. Then it’s not, I guess it’s Mels fault right?

It is his fault. For at least trusting the 'promise' of an investor. Seems a remarkably cavalier approach to payment of employees' salaries.

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's pretty shoddy for any business not to be paying employees wages.

Think we got off lightly with a suspended points deduction as players could have claimed breach of contract and walked for nothing.

Only if they didn’t get paid for 2 weeks. And then they have to give another 2 weeks notice. 

I am not in principle against this suspended sanction, and it just serves as a reminder to ensure we don't let it happen again.

However, I fail to see how it is fair for us to be deducted three points for a second breach, when Sheffield Wednesday have not been deducted any points for four consecutive breaches. Where is the consistency in that? 

I don't want to see SW being deducted points either, but this does seem to me like Derby being treated more harshly than another club.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

I am not in principle against this suspended sanction, and it just serves as a reminder to ensure we don't let it happen again.

However, I fail to see how it is fair for us to be deducted three points for a second breach, when Sheffield Wednesday have not been deducted any points for four consecutive breaches. Where is the consistency in that? 

I don't want to see SW being deducted points either, but this does seem to me like Derby being treated more harshly than another club.

And I fear this is going to be the case going forward. We. To the EFL are the bad guys. 

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

Suspended three point penalty for not paying wages is the supercompromise that makes all parties look like they have gained /not lost in a difficult impasse. Not paying wages is easy to prove and should not occur. If we fail to pay wages once more then a three point penalty does not seem totally outrageous but could alter relegation or playoff standings. To me it is a reasonable outcome to a sorry protracted business. Now to get rid of the transfer embargo and move on towards so called normality. COYR

So what about the Wendies not paying the wages for 4 months? How many points should they lose?

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's yet another example of the EFL making up rules and punishments on the fly - if they want to penalise this sort of breach (which I don't have an issue with in principle), the rules and the penalties should be set out in black and white so that everyone knows shere they stand. 

The other question is whether it's an appropriate way to punish clubs? - embargos and penalty points seem to be punishing clubs that are already struggling and actually push them further up the smelly creek. I'd have thought the underlying principle of the EFL was to protect its clubs, rather than continually look for inventive ways to push them closer to oblivion.....

Just now, Gaspode said:

It's yet another example of the EFL making up rules and punishments on the fly - if they want to penalise this sort of breach (which I don't have an issue with in principle), the rules and the penalties should be set out in black and white so that everyone knows shere they stand. 

The other question is whether it's an appropriate way to punish clubs? - embargos and penalty points seem to be punishing clubs that are already struggling and actually push them further up the smelly creek. I'd have thought the underlying principle of the EFL was to protect its clubs, rather than continually look for inventive ways to push them closer to oblivion.....

Exactly. It's not as if this is the first time it's happened so there should already be a precedent.