Cameron Cresswell

Nuwtfly

He is 21 and never really pushed on to a first team start or regular bench appearance he only made it this season due to injuries. 

He is a decent finisher, gives his all and I can see him dropping into div2  and doing well but he could also go the way of Zanzala and probably JHI and disappear without trace. 

Edited by Rambalin

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

He is 21 and never really pushed on to a first team start or regular bench appearance he only made it this season due to injuries. 

He is a decent finisher, gives his all and I can see him dropping into div2  and doing well but he could also go the way of Zanzala and probably JHI and disappear without trace. 

Zanzala hasn't disappeared without a trace. He's not set the world alight, but he's scored a few for various clubs since leaving us, and appears to have carved out a career in the Football League.

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Zanzala hasn't disappeared without a trace. He's not set the world alight, but he's scored a few for various clubs since leaving us, and appears to have carved out a career in the Football League.

Speaking to Ram (co-founder of MRKT Insights, who basically do recruitment and data science for various clubs) on twitter, he says that Zanzala is better than League 2 standard and that it won't be long until he's back in League 1. Also said Callum Guy is doing really well too and that he's another one that could easily be playing League 1 to a very good standard.

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Speaking to Ram (co-founder of MRKT Insights, who basically do recruitment and data science for various clubs) on twitter, he says that Zanzala is better than League 2 standard and that it won't be long until he's back in League 1. Also said Callum Guy is doing really well too and that he's another one that could easily be playing League 1 to a very good standard.

I'm aware of Ram and MRKT Insights. If I were to buy the club tomorrow, I'd be straight on the phone to either them or 21st Club to use their knowledge.

53 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Would Mel be a bit disappointed that his investment in the academy hasn't yet yielded more fees than a few L1/L2 standard players?

Mind I suppose he should be thankful they were sold before Wazza, Liam et al got hold of them and coached them down to NFL level....?

SPL the way it is going ?

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Well we can re sign both for next season then ??

It's been a shitty season, but he and his goals made it much more bearable. Watching u23 to play has been a pleasure for a while now and he developed greatly during the season.

Hope he gets a good move he fully deserves.

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

Is Stretton the better of the two?

I think Stretton is a bit more robust. I could see Cresswell being battered by bigger, more experienced defenders, but he’s a good finisher.

I hope Stretton remains injury-free because he is a bright young hope. It would be lovely to see someone young up front for us.

20 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think Stretton is a bit more robust. I could see Cresswell being battered by bigger, more experienced defenders, but he’s a good finisher.

I hope Stretton remains injury-free because he is a bright young hope. It would be lovely to see someone young up front for us.

Yes, another Malcolm Christie type 

As clubs will have been made aware that he was being released at the end of the season, he's certainly given himself every chance of a decent L1/L2 club giving him a contract given his excellent form of the last 3-4 months.

44 minutes ago, Rample said:

Who's progress is he realistically blocking if he stays?

I'd give him a year before making a decision.

Assuming Trialist also leaves, with Stretton either 3rd choice or out on loan....

Duncan, Cybulski and Plange will be the remaining U23 CFs for next season.

20 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Would Mel be a bit disappointed that his investment in the academy hasn't yet yielded more fees than a few L1/L2 standard players?

Mind I suppose he should be thankful they were sold before Wazza, Liam et al got hold of them and coached them down to NFL level....?

Delap, Thomas, Bogle, Whittaker and Gordon.