Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I attended the Crown Courts regularly as a witness throughout 39 years. I never witnessed a disaster such as Vardy's display over the last three days or anything that came anywhere close to it. She was like a Russian tank column in Ukraine.

Colleen is almost faultless by contrast simply because she's telling the truth. If Vardy's counsel pulls this one off it will be a feat on a par with the Resurrection.

You must have mixed with some rough uns to keep getting called as a witness?

Seriously though, were you some kind of expert witness? My dad was in court pretty much every month (but then he was a forensic scientist).

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You must have mixed with some rough uns to keep getting called as a witness?

Seriously though, were you some kind of expert witness? My dad was in court pretty much every month (but then he was a forensic scientist).

Police Officer in Nottingham. I joined there because I didn't want to lock up Derby fans but I relished doing the same to Forest fans. 31+ years in Nottingham, 27 on the CID. The last 10 years was spent leading murder enquiries on the Homicide Unit during the 'Shottingham' gun crime era. I worked ridiculous hours at that time, 80 a week was the norm for too many years, but I had to have some form of life-work balance. Derby County gave me that - I managed all the Rams' home games and very rarely missed an away game - I am a longstanding member of Rams on Tour. I had to work one weekend on call in four 24 hours a day for homicides - but I always had a back-up partner who covered for me while Derby were playing. Amazingly, we never had a body discovered when I was watching Derby away and I'd take the call over again when I got back. The furthest away game I did while on call was Gillingham ?. When I retired I went to Northern Ireland four days a week, reviewing historic murders from the 'Troubles' and I missed quite a lot of mid-week games.

I may well have come across your dad.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Police Officer in Nottingham. I joined there because I didn't want to lock up Derby fans but I relished doing the same to Forest fans. 31+ years in Nottingham, 27 on the CID. The last 10 years was spent leading murder enquiries on the Homicide Unit during the 'Shottingham' gun crime era. I worked ridiculous hours at that time, 80 a week was the norm for too many years, but I had to have some form of life-work balance. Derby County gave me that - I managed all the Rams' home games and very rarely missed an away game - I am a longstanding member of Rams on Tour. I had to work one weekend on call in four 24 hours a day for homicides - but I always had a back-up partner who covered for me while Derby were playing. Amazingly, we never had a body discovered when I was watching Derby away and I'd take the call over again when I got back. The furthest away game I did while on call was Gillingham ?. When I retired I went to Northern Ireland four days a week, reviewing historic murders from the 'Troubles' and I missed quite a lot of mid-week games.

Quite possibly. He worked from the Nottingham lab for 8 years before having to relocate to Northampton and then going self employed. He also had to go to NI as an expert witness on several occasions but nothing to do with the troubles. An interesting but painstaking job and not as glamorous as portrayed on TV.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

The man deserves a break to be honest with you.

From 18 months of being left out to dry here, to straight inside a court room inbetween two money orientated nobodies.

The disrespect from this country towards Wayne is appalling

I get the impression our Wayne is made of stern enough stuff to not only survive the tough times, but to thrive.  To learn, to adapt, and to conquer!

This WILL all make him stronger.  I truly believe that.  He is of "That ilk".

When the time comes, he'll be sat back in his rocking chair rightfully feeling proud of what he has achieved as a person (despite his imperfections).
He may not leave as a Saint, but he'll be a hero to many... and a very likeable old man!

#longlivewaynerooney

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Quite possibly. He worked from the Nottingham lab for 8 years before having to relocate to Northampton and then going self employed. He also had to go to NI as an expert witness on several occasions but nothing to do with the troubles. An interesting but painstaking job and not as glamorous as portrayed on TV.

Send me a pm and tell me your dad's name. Was it not Huntingdon, rather than Northampton that he moved to when the Nottingham lab closed? Before the lab my closed my office was on the the same floor at Nottingham Central. I loved it - I could pack my exhibits for submission and then take them 30 yards down the corridor. I missed it when they moved it almost a hundred miles away. Bit like when we left the BBG ??

11 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

You'll be fully aware of the Gunn family who ran the Bestwood Park Estate, I had a couple of old mates that lived there, Both were into FV and ran with the "FEC", When C Gunn was imprisoned the estate was like the wild west, Locals I'm told said it was better there when CG was on their patch as he kept a lid on other criminals, Yes it wasn't called "shottingham" for nowt, Bulwell and Basford if you weren't local you left well alone after dark. 

59 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

But many beliefs are often the truth and Colleen would not believe the PL balls for one minute, Unlike Mr Tomlinson she will fully understand it is going to take us at least three years before we win it. ?  He's really clutching at straws.

14 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Did you have any problem arresting Leeds Utd fans during “ The 80’s Miners Strike”?

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:
Edit: a better tweet version
image.png.0f25674a516fb248d739ac385ba576ca.png

Extremely poor analogy from the QC there.
Mrs R's belief is in relation to an actual event that has already happened, and her beliefs are based on what happened, and the circumstantial evidence surrounding said event. 

The QC is merely referencing fortune telling/time travel/total bill hooks etc!

Is he actually educated?  ?

17 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Did you have any problem arresting Leeds Utd fans during “ The 80’s Miners Strike”?

I was only involved in the strike by way of a couple of investigations into large public disorder because I was on CID at the time. But if you remember there were cops from all over the country in Notts and a ring of steel was thrown around the county to stop the Yorkshire miners getting in. So no the opportunity didn't really arise. Notts was like a police state at the time with cops everywhere. Thatcher had implemented big pay rises for the police when she was elected - it was much needed because the pay had fallen well behind. But she knew full well she had a lot of dirty work in mind for them in the near future. I wasn't a big fan of hers.

58 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I was only involved in the strike by way of a couple of investigations into large public disorder because I was on CID at the time. But if you remember there were cops from all over the country in Notts and a ring of steel was thrown around the county to stop the Yorkshire miners getting in. So no the opportunity didn't really arise. Notts was like a police state at the time with cops everywhere. Thatcher had implemented big pay rises for the police when she was elected - it was much needed because the pay had fallen well behind. But she knew full well she had a lot of dirty work in mind for them in the near future. I wasn't a big fan of hers.

The ring of steel must have been after the York's miners turned up mob handed at Annersley Colliery just after the Notts miners had voted to join the strike, They then went back and voted against the strike...saying "they'll not intimidate us", A duck up by Scargill, That was the birth of the UDM.

I was stopped at the top of the A38 Alfreton as was going on a day out to York with the family, Questioned for 5mins as to where I was going, Picnic in the boot, Copper says we have your car reg number if you're caught feeding those scum your for it, The coppers were wearing white shirts...Met coppers, Glad he never searched the car, I always carry a hammer under my seat(even today)...just in case ?

Happy Days they were ?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Extremely poor analogy from the QC there.
Mrs R's belief is in relation to an actual event that has already happened, and her beliefs are based on what happened, and the circumstantial evidence surrounding said event. 

The QC is merely referencing fortune telling/time travel/total bill hooks etc!

Is he actually educated?  ?

I'm going to say yes, he knows all of that. I'd suggest they thought that was probably the most convincing line to take - which kind of shows the weakness of the case on the Vardy side.

He might as well have said "people believe in god, but where is the evidence? peoples belief in god is not evidence of god"