Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's be realistic, if they offer it to Rooney he will take it. No point pretending we are somehow so embedded in his heart that he will turn down the chance to manage his boyhood club in the Premier League to stay and fight it out with us.

Is it too soon for him? Maybe. But characters like Rooney don't think like that. If an opportunity presents itself he'll back himself to nail it. This could be a huge problem for us. I hope we at least hold out for a good wedge of compensation.

My biggest concern is the morale of the players if he does go. In my view he is currently the glue holding them all together, if he goes then more than a few players might decide they want to go as well.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Incredible how much is going against us this season.

I think he’d be mad to go to Everton currently. He would need at least a season like he’s taken at Derby and there’s no chance he will get that long to make a difference.

Also can’t understand how Everton would want Lampard or Rooney. Both pretty inexperienced and can’t imagine their fans will be too happy with that right now. 

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

They wouldn't stump up £2m for their first choice, Martinez. They definitely won't offer us as much as Rooney is worth (or we need).

That was my first thoughts.

Assuming he is on 90k a week and we got 1 million in compensation, that's about 3 million up to the end of the season.

If they won't pay 2 million for an international manager, not sure they would even stump up a million though, we hardly played hard ball with Wigan over Shinnie.

Being considered!

"Former England team-mates Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard are set to be interviewed for the vacant Everton manager’s job as the club move to a new four-strong shortlist.

Telegraph Sport understands that Derby County manager Rooney as well as Lampard are under strong consideration by the Everton owner Farhad Moshiri and Bill Kenwright, the club’s chairman and former majority owner who is taking a key role in the recruitment process to replace Rafael Benitez.

Rooney, who began his career at Everton as a teenage prodigy aged 16 and returned for a second spell 13 years later after first leaving in 2004, has a contract until the end of next season at embattled Derby. "

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-everton-interview-wayne-rooney-114037755.html

SSN suggest Lampard will be 'considered' & 'expected to be interviewed', but when running the banner about Rooney it says discussed as 'potential candidate'.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That was my first thoughts.

Assuming he is on 90k a week and we got 1 million in compensation, that's about 3 million up to the end of the season.

If they won't pay 2 million for an international manager, not sure they would even stump up a million though, we hardly played hard ball with Wigan over Shinnie.

Would we really get any compensation?

As we’re in administration you’d think we’ve defaulted somewhere along the line.

May as well accept that he’s gone now. 

I don’t wish him any ill feeling like I did with Lampard as at least Rooney has shown us some level of loyalty throughout this dreadful time. 

This said it’s blooming annoying how unlucky we’ve been with managers. We either get bad ones that don’t want to leave or good ones that get stolen within a season. Why do they never stick around? (In Rooney’s case I can understand not sticking around).

I imagine either Rosenior, Wassall or McClaren will take over. If we aren’t liquidated by then.

Edited by TomTom92

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

May as well except that he’s gone now. 

I don’t wish him any ill feeling like I did with Lampard as at least Rooney has shown us some level of loyalty throughout this dreadful time. 

This said it’s blooming annoying how unlucky we’ve been with managers. We either get bad ones that don’t want to leave or good ones that get stolen within a season. Why do they never stick around? (In Rooney’s case I can understand not sticking around).

I imagine either Rosenior, Wassall or McClaren will take over. If we aren’t liquidated by then.

Rosenoir with McClaren assistant/coach maybe. Hope Rooney stays but Derby County never get good luck do they? 

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Have I missed Everton appointing him?

8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

To be fair, that’s the same with most clubs outside of the top division. 

He wont go . The only way he wil lgo and prob why he is even accepting an interview is to see if they will hold out till the end of the season or give Derby 7 million in compo and then go now , its the only way he will be able to look at himself in the morning and say he did the best for us . Remember the comment of what sort of a man would i be if i walk out now . 

Well i for one would be a bit surprised at him walking now with no 7 million for us and it being a straight walk out to everton job and leave us in the lurch . Im sorry i dont agree with the comments of can you blame him well yes i can . It would be pretty crappy show of him to walk out now and underline just how shallow football is . 

1 minute ago, Maharan said:

To be fair, that’s the same with most clubs outside of the top division. 

True, but I can’t remember Bielsa, Wilder, Frank or Howe drawing strong interest at any time of them being in the championship. I guess Rowett we were unlucky and then with Lampard and Rooney it’s what comes with their high profiles. 

Hopefully WR will realise that however our season pans out then his stock will still be high at the end of it. 

The question is, will he panic and think he may never be offered his dream job again just as Lampard did? 

Què sera I suppose for us but I'd hope he deals with it a bit better than Lampard did. Some of his actions left a bitter taste after a cracking season.