Equalisers

Malty

5 minutes ago, Malty said:

I have just looked at our matches this season and I think we have scored just two equalisers so far this season. That sounds pretty dire to me (let me know if I’ve miscounted). Does anyone have any stats on how many equalisers we should expect in a season?

Dunno, but maybe we could use Edward Woodward as manager? 

f69bf15ee03eb8eaed51d296d1f765d3.jpg

To equalise means actually scoring (something which we've struggled with all season)!

A mixture of failing to get decent forward options last summer, injuries to key players and the inability for a whole load of coaches to inspire a performance when it's needed is why we're in danger of going down ?

... to answer your question, last season we equalised in league games 13 times. Quite a difference to 2.

59 minutes ago, Malty said:

I have just looked at our matches this season and I think we have scored just two equalisers so far this season. That sounds pretty dire to me (let me know if I’ve miscounted). Does anyone have any stats on how many equalisers we should expect in a season?

We've equalised twice to finish with points, but surely we've equalised in games but still gone on to lose? I don't know, and certainly can't be bothered to look it up.

There's no leadership on or off the pitch. After we concede, we have a spell of a few minutes (or more) where we completely go to pieces. We panic. There is nobody prepared to get a grip of the team and get them focused on the job at hand. Once we've settled, it's often too late. I bet they teach this on those coaching courses.

Just watching the build up to the Wolves game on the BBC and they were talking about the leadership qualities of Conor Coady. We just don't have anyone like that.

7 hours ago, Malty said:

Well the non scientific answer is if we expect to be relegated then that's a fair return, if not then far more than that 

20 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There's no leadership on or off the pitch. After we concede, we have a spell of a few minutes (or more) where we completely go to pieces. We panic. There is nobody prepared to get a grip of the team and get them focused on the job at hand. Once we've settled, it's often too late. I bet they teach this on those coaching courses.

Just watching the build up to the Wolves game on the BBC and they were talking about the leadership qualities of Conor Coady. We just don't have anyone like that.

Coady certainly led them to a good result yesterday

Our record when we’ve gone behind is absolutely pathetic, as soon as we concede a goal the whole team just collapses and falls apart. The result isn’t even in doubt at that point, the opposition barely have to do anything as we will just hand them the game on a plate. The mentality within this squad is simply unacceptable. A lack of fighting spirit is a huge reason why we find ourselves in our current position - you can’t expect to compete if you give up as soon as something goes slightly wrong. Frankly it’s embarrassing, and this disgrace of a squad and management team deserve to go down. Shameful.

• 5 months later...

Might not be an appropriate time to mention it, but we’ve just had the one so far this season … but then again we haven’t scored or conceded too many so difficult to get an equaliser when that’s the case.

Fingers crossed if Luton score on Tuesday we can chalk a second one up this year!!

10 hours ago, Malty said:

Might not be an appropriate time to mention it, but we’ve just had the one so far this season … but then again we haven’t scored or conceded too many so difficult to get an equaliser when that’s the case.

Fingers crossed if Luton score on Tuesday we can chalk a second one up this year!!

We've only fallen behind 3 times in the league, and 2 of those times were in the final 5 minutes of games.

Edit: we did come from 2 down to win against Salford in the cup if that counts.

Edited by Carnero

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

We've only fallen behind 3 times in the league, and 2 of those times were in the final 5 minutes of games.

Edit: we did come from 2 down to win against Salford in the cup if that counts.

Yes, it’s a bit of a non story. Perhaps I should apply for a job with the telegraph?