Think of the positives

Rammy03

On the upside if we go down and any are left we wont have to loan our youngsters out to league 1 sides for experience.  Perhaps Gorgeous George could rejoin if he can get fit for pre-season and build back up at home with us not somewhere he doesnt belong. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Glad Bowyer isn't our manager whatever happens.

I know, just imagine if we had a manager with a bit of nous who had steered us to safety. The end of our season would be so boring. Much prefer having the current clown in charge. It’ll be eventful up until the last day. ? 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I know, just imagine if we had a manager with a bit of nous who had steered us to safety. The end of our season would be so boring. Much prefer having the current clown in charge. It’ll be eventful up until the last day. ? 

If we'd had the strikers fit that Bowyer had then we'd not be having this conversation. Bowyer made Birmingham look like a League 1 team with a squad they have, you want that, I don't.

Swansea are beatable. Maybe not by us in the form we are in, but they are a beatable side. Their record is only one win better than ours over the last eight games, and they failed to score in five of them, so they aren't in the best of places themselves.
I mean, surely to God we can't go six losses in a row, can we? We've not had a run that bad since that season in the Premier League, and not in the second tier in over 37 years.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we'd had the strikers fit that Bowyer had then we'd not be having this conversation. Bowyer made Birmingham look like a League 1 team with a squad they have, you want that, I don't.

Who’s fault is it we don’t have the strikers? We were 1 short and let Martin leave, that leaves us 2 short, then signed Kazim, still one short. Laughable by a club that has a championship expert in their coaching staff. Birmingham have turned a corner and will now stay up. Us with the muppet in charge are very much at risk of going down. Not many days I’m envious of Brum but at the minute I am. 

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Who’s fault is it we don’t have the strikers? We were 1 short and let Martin leave, that leaves us 2 short, then signed Kazim, still one short. Laughable by a club that has a championship expert in their coaching staff. Birmingham have turned a corner and will now stay up. Us with the muppet in charge are very much at risk of going down. Not many days I’m envious of Brum but at the minute I am. 

The muppet who signed Gregory, who scored more goals than Snip? Why didn't we sign someone other than CKR, how is that Rooneys fault. I'm aware of the thread we're in so I am happy to soon see the back of the person who's fault it was.

14 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What you must understand is that Wazza is not responsible for any of this shambles whatsoever, he just picks the team, holds the training sessions and decides on the tactics. Our dire performances and one win in thirteen games is the fault of....um.....er.......sorry remind me again Roy Mac 5 ????

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The muppet who signed Gregory, who scored more goals than Snip? Why didn't we sign someone other than CKR, how is that Rooneys fault. I'm aware of the thread we're in so I am happy to soon see the back of the person who's fault it was.

The players lack passion and fight. That lies at one persons door. I wanted Rooney to succeed as I do any Derby manager but he is way out his depth. 

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The players lack passion and fight. That lies at one persons door. I wanted Rooney to succeed as I do any Derby manager but he is way out his depth. 

Well some of the players have always lacked passion and fight (not all the time). That does not lie at Rooney's door, he did not sign them. He may be out of his depth - but that didn't seem so until we lost Gregory et al. Which manager could deal with all of these without experience? Not even Mac before anyone suggests so, remember what happened seasons ago when we lost a lot of players to injury (Reading etc)?

I've never been to Morecambe, and if they get promoted, then I think that I'd quite a weekend there.

And I haven't got a clue where Forest Green play. But if they get promoted, at least we would get a couple of games with Forest next season.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mel will soon be gone.

It's a strange one, you can't argue that his heart has been in the right place but currently it looks like he's had a worse tenure than any recent owners including the 3 amigos. 

Took over a team that cost pennies that challenging for promotion and spent millions transforming them into relegation candidates. 

It’s not the time to be scraping the barrel for any sort of “positives”. This team is absolutely pathetic, from the players to the coaches to the board. All of them should be ashamed of their involvement in this great football club. Of course things could have been worse had results not gone our way, but it will ultimately be irrelevant. This team doesn’t have it in them to get another point, and I’m sure either Rotherham or Wednesday will do. We’re going down, and it’s exactly what we deserve - complacency across the club has brought us here.

It has to be a positive that Mel Morris will never again make a decision as to who manages DCFC. His first decision on taking control was to sack McClaren. The only decision he got right after that was to get McClaren back when Pearson got us into the bottom three. 

Archived