Think of the positives

Rammy03

1 hour ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Rooney will never get another job as a manager when he takes us down. That's positive.

Not even vaguely likely to be true. Most football people can see the poor hand he's been dealt and (until injuries to Beilik and Gregory) was doing a decent job of it. It'll go down to that and inexperience, of course he'll stay in management.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Coconut said:

Forest are going to smash Sheff Weds 4-0, and their fans are going to be gutted that they've potentially helped us to stay up.

In a lot of ways, it would be more embarrassing to have them to thank for saving us from relegation than if they threw the game to see us go down. 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I know nobody wants to hear this at the moment but think of the positives in this situation, it could have been so much worse.

We are actually in a better position than we were before kick off. We are a game further on and everyone else lost.

Imagine if Wednesday had won, or Rotherham picked up a point. We really would be in trouble.

We still are in a right scrap, but we can get out of it.

I know we're clutching at straws but it's a valid point. Rotherham and Wednesday are running out of games to take advantage of our inadequacies. 

12 minutes ago, JfR said:

In a lot of ways, it would be more embarrassing to have them to thank for saving us from relegation than if they threw the game to see us go down. 

Ha! If F*rest keep us up we can smash them for thanks in future matches.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I know we're clutching at straws but it's a valid point. Rotherham and Wednesday are running out of games to take advantage of our inadequacies. 

I think the only issue I see with this otherwise positive outlook is the type of games Rotherham have left with them being against teams with nothing to play for, and Wednesday having one of their games against us.

8 minutes ago, Jawa said:

I think the only issue I see with this otherwise positive outlook is the type of games Rotherham have left with them being against teams with nothing to play for, and Wednesday having one of their games against us.

I really don't think this matters a great deal, we've played teams with virtually nothing to play for and have lost.

Remember last season when Forest dropped out of the playoff places to mid table stoke?

At the end of the day, all the teams at the bottom this season are absolutely hopeless. And that's why, strangely, I still believe we will stay up.

Not because we are any good, but because the teams at the bottom just cannot win.

We have the points on the board, we're still in the best position.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

I really don't think this matters a great deal, we've played teams with virtually nothing to play for and have lost.

Remember last season when Forest dropped out of the playoff places to mid table stoke?

At the end of the day, all the teams at the bottom this season are absolutely hopeless. And that's why, strangely, I still believe we will stay up.

Not because we are any good, but because the teams at the bottom just cannot win.

We have the points on the board, we're still in the best position.

I think Wendies are less hopeless than we are currently and will have the opportunity to show that at our place...

35 minutes ago, Jawa said:

How often do we see teams with nothing to play for perform well though? A draw against Wednesday will be enough to keep them below us even if we lose next weekend and they win. Trouble is, it's difficult to see us even drawing with anyone right now. 

As I say, I'm clutching at any straw possible. 

Archived