Relegation watch

Spanish

2 points from a possible 18 in March. 1 win in 9 now too.

Some of us did say the run in would be tough.

I am looking at Luton, Birmingham and Wednesday at home. I think much if not all of it will boil down to those games. 

Honestly if we can’t win those games and stay up, then we will totally deserve League 1 football.

On 17/03/2021 at 22:18, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just the 3 wins then!! 

Did the second half performance last night just pass you by?

More confident than ever that we will pull clear, I don’t think Rotherham will even get 50 points 

Only 2 more wins to go above us now. 4 games to do out in

that 2nd half was a one off not to be seen again this season

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

2 points from a possible 18 in March. 1 win in 9 now too.

Some of us did say the run in would be tough.

I am looking at Luton, Birmingham and Wednesday at home. I think much if not all of it will boil down to those games. 

Honestly if we can’t win those games and stay up, then we will totally deserve League 1 football.

Can’t argue with any of that. Luton is one of our biggest games in recent years

8 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Only 2 more wins to go above us now. 4 games to do out in

that 2nd half was a one off not to be seen again this season

Well play like we did today and in recent games except second half against Brentford then we will be very lucky to stay up.

Rooney is copping flak and understandably so but at what point do our players take responsibility here. Rooney says plan was to get on the front foot and take the game to Stoke. They picked the same team that played second half against Brentford. Yet they did the complete opposite. They sat deep, they played the safe passes no one took responsibility. 

8 game scrap now, it’s in our hands but it’s concerning that when we need to step up, some of our players freeze. Ultimately you finish where you deserve to finish, if we go down it won’t be down to Rooney, there are many other reasons why we are where we are. We just have to hope we scramble enough points to survive.

Complacent is the right word.

Clearly we thought the job was done in February. And to be fair so did many of our fans.

I had hoped Cardiff would be the wake up call, but not much has changed since then. Brentford let us off in midweek and Barnsley can’t win every game.

We have to hope this break has come at the right time and Rooney and the coaching staff can get minds right, because if we carry the same attitude into April, we will be in big trouble.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Complacent is the right word.

Clearly we thought the job was done in February. And to be fair so did many of our fans.

I had hoped Cardiff would be the wake up call, but not much has changed since then. Brentford let us off in midweek and Barnsley can’t win every game.

We have to hope this break has come at the right time and Rooney and the coaching staff can get minds right, because if we carry the same attitude into April, we will be in big trouble.

I think we are in big trouble...

We seem to be supported by a bunch of manic depressives.

Maybe it’s because I’m old enough to have watched us in Div 3 that the drop holds no worries. We’ll come back soon enough and stronger. It’s quite a cathartic experience, for club, players and fans. Phoenix from the flames and all that.

But we won’t go down this season. Without a change in ownership then we may well do next year.

Just now, 24Charlie said:

We seem to be supported by a bunch of manic depressives.

Maybe it’s because I’m old enough to have watched us in Div 3 that the drop holds no worries. We’ll come back soon enough and stronger. It’s quite a cathartic experience, for club, players and fans. Phoenix from the flames and all that.

But we won’t go down this season. Without a change in ownership then we may well do next year.

Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich would all say the same. I enjoyed our time in Division 3 being the big club, visiting some different grounds. Perhaps that is what we need, a complete overhaul, start again....

40 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well play like we did today and in recent games except second half against Brentford then we will be very lucky to stay up.

Rooney is copping flak and understandably so but at what point do our players take responsibility here. Rooney says plan was to get on the front foot and take the game to Stoke. They picked the same team that played second half against Brentford. Yet they did the complete opposite. They sat deep, they played the safe passes no one took responsibility. 

8 game scrap now, it’s in our hands but it’s concerning that when we need to step up, some of our players freeze. Ultimately you finish where you deserve to finish, if we go down it won’t be down to Rooney, there are many other reasons why we are where we are. We just have to hope we scramble enough points to survive.

The thing is though he didn't, he just didn't. It might only look like small changes but today a half fit CKR was shoved out wide and Sibley was pushed right up front, neither of which was the case second half against Brentford in the second half (where we also had Gregory given an extra target). We were also playing against a side with a very different philosophy defensively with extra bodies in the back as well. Against Brentford we started getting a bit of joy because we could overload the central areas in and around the box and physically CKR and Gregory could occupy and create space against the Brentford. Today wasn't the case and we weren't set up in anyway that could be classed as coherent. 

If we go down Rooney should absolutely take a big old share of the blame for it. 

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You do really ? Jut hurting like the rest of us ?

I'm past hurting and I am now just angry. It's not a healthy way to feel about a hobby so I'm doing the sensible thing and disengaging from it until such a time that I feel differently. 

To put things in perspective I had a season ticket in the 11 point season and didn't give up on Derby. This last 18 months has driven me further away from Derby County than any other period in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm past hurting and I am now just angry. It's not a healthy way to feel about a hobby so I'm doing the sensible thing and disengaging from it until such a time that I feel differently. 

To put things in perspective I had a season ticket in the 11 point season and didn't give up on Derby. This last 18 months has driven me further away from Derby County than any other period in my lifetime. 

Yes, agreed, it has been poo. But it’s a bit like a drug supporting your team. Even when it is doing you no good it is so difficult to break away from....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, agreed, it has been poo. But it’s a bit like a drug supporting your team. Even when it is doing you no good it is so difficult to break away from....

This lot are making it less and less difficult by the week. So I'm done for a while at least. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Keep the faith mate, I think we all feel the same. It’s certainly going to be a nail biting end to the season. I have confidence we will stay up.