v Luton (h) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Looks to be the end of Waghorn's Derby career. I presume he'll go where most of players go to retire...Bristol City

I think the fact that Rooney started Waggy over Roberts suggests that he hasn’t given up on him just yet.

Finally a game worth the tenner! 

Looked so positive in the first half hour and should really have bagged another goal, but happy to be ahead after Luton squandered some good chances. Hopefully we get on the front foot again second half and try not to defend a 1.0 from the outset.

Good first half from us on the whole, especially the first half an hour or so. Much more energy and effort than we saw before the international break - pressing on the front foot and getting bodies in the box. Created a lot more opportunities too, but as per usual we haven’t really been clinical enough in and around the box, which has left us in a precarious position. We’ve looked vulnerable defensively throughout, particular to counter attacks, and Luton took control of that last 15 minutes. We need to be very careful and ideally get that second goal, I fear for us if we don’t get it.

Archived