The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I blame the home-workers

What for the total and utter mess virtually every area of of country is in a as result of covmania? 
I don’t blame them , they just grabbed the opportunity for better easier lifestyles, be interesting to see how it pans out over the medium and long term though for them, no such thing as a free lunch??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

3 hours ago, Archied said:

What for the total and utter mess virtually every area of of country is in a as result of covmania? 
I don’t blame them , they just grabbed the opportunity for better easier lifestyles, be interesting to see how it pans out over the medium and long term though for them, no such thing as a free lunch??‍♂️

I'm loathe to start another argument with you, but personally speaking - I didn't "grab the opportunity" to work at home. It was forced on me by my employer as they closed the offices. I wasn't given a choice.

They've since "grabbed the opportunity" to save money by letting the lease on the office expire, so now I'm stuck as a homeworker whether I like it or not

Is it a better easier lifestyle? In some ways yes, and other ways no. I don't miss a wasted hour commuting every day, I don't miss saving that money on fuel and I do appreciate the boost to my mental health that it gives me to have that 5 hours a week and extra cash to spend with my family. But the flipside is that it can get a bit lonely never seeing anyone face to face (I do spend hours on video and team calls though) - and I do work longer hours because I'm bad at logging off when it's at home. And I don't particularly enjoy the additional stress put on us all to perform and prove that we can still be a valued employee in the new world

Free lunch? Do you think we should all spend our lives in miserable servitude, and be grateful to have a job no matter how awful the conditions are?

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2022/11/hundreds-of-beds-taken-up-by-flu-patients-every-day-ahead-of-winter/

Flu hospitalizations up tenfold on last year.

Looks like locking everyone in their homes has had a serious impact on immune systems.

Whoever could have predicted something like that...well other than the medical professionals that were regularly shouted down...

The alternative view, of course, is that last year, people were encouraged to wear face masks, which just might have resulted in people who may have been suffering from influenza not spraying their snot and sputum in the direction of anyone within their proximity, therefore resulting a lower airborne viral load. Now, it's a rarity to see anyone wearing a mask, even on a bus.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

The alternative view, of course, is that last year, people were encouraged to wear face masks, which just might have resulted in people who may have been suffering from influenza not spraying their snot and sputum in the direction of anyone within their proximity, therefore resulting a lower airborne viral load. Now, it's a rarity to see anyone wearing a mask, even on a bus.

Strange that masks seemed to do very little in stopping the transmission of Covid but managed to stop flu?

11 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I'm loathe to start another argument with you, but personally speaking - I didn't "grab the opportunity" to work at home. It was forced on me by my employer as they closed the offices. I wasn't given a choice.

They've since "grabbed the opportunity" to save money by letting the lease on the office expire, so now I'm stuck as a homeworker whether I like it or not

Is it a better easier lifestyle? In some ways yes, and other ways no. I don't miss a wasted hour commuting every day, I don't miss saving that money on fuel and I do appreciate the boost to my mental health that it gives me to have that 5 hours a week and extra cash to spend with my family. But the flipside is that it can get a bit lonely never seeing anyone face to face (I do spend hours on video and team calls though) - and I do work longer hours because I'm bad at logging off when it's at home. And I don't particularly enjoy the additional stress put on us all to perform and prove that we can still be a valued employee in the new world

Free lunch? Do you think we should all spend our lives in miserable servitude, and be grateful to have a job no matter how awful the conditions are?

But didn’t you tell me before that you were happy to go along with work from home without question ( I’m sure influenced by it being better for you) which then gave your employer the ability to close places of work which would have very much concerned you if done without the cover of covid ? 
so so many people have gone along with so so much WITHOUT QUESTION and worse than that demonised and ridiculed anyone taking a wider view who dared to question 

scotch eggs , jab after jab for everyone including children , children locked in homes , family members left to die alone , the elderly left alone and confused in care homes s ( check it out ,it’s still going on in many many homes)great white elephant schemes and contracts , damage of lock up v benefit ect ect ect

I could make a massive list of stuff that anyone thinking half sensibly could and should have been questioning 

Edited by Archied

• 4 weeks later...

China giving up on their struggle to control covid cases and will fully reopen their borders to visiters

Is there a possibility for a new strain of the virus to spread around the world. 

Some countries already announcing restrictions on people arriving from China. 

UK officials state there are no plans to check people arriving from China. 

Good to see the government are keeping a tight control of our borders

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

China giving up on their struggle to control covid cases and will fully reopen their borders to visiters

Is there a possibility for a new strain of the virus to spread around the world. 

Some countries already announcing restrictions on people arriving from China. 

UK officials state there are no plans to check people arriving from China. 

Good to see the government are keeping a tight control of our borders

Is there any reason to fear a new strain developing in China is more likely than any other country?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Never mind that, lets start closing down our economy again. Worked so well the first time.

Don’t even joke about it , there are people still justifying the carnage that’s been done in the name of a virus with a 99% survival rate and and average age of death from in the 80 s and they would do it again at the drop of a hat , excess death rates non covid,,,, what excess death rates??‍♂️

99% of businesses survived the lockdowns, unemployment is lower than before the pandemic (according to the Government anyway), so why are the lockdown sceptics so worried about the prospects of a repeat? ??

Fear not though, overflowing A&E and ICU departments are just what the Government wants in order to force the Nurses and Paramedics to end strike action and also show the NHS "isn't working". 

There won't be further lockdowns because it doesn't suit their agenda. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

99% of businesses survived the lockdowns, unemployment is lower than before the pandemic (according to the Government anyway), so why are the lockdown sceptics so worried about the prospects of a repeat? ??

Fear not though, overflowing A&E and ICU departments are just what the Government wants in order to force the Nurses and Paramedics to end strike action and also show the NHS "isn't working". 

There won't be further lockdowns because it doesn't suit their agenda. 

So the fist ones did suit they’re agenda ??‍♂️, 99% of small business people up to they’re ears in forced debt and businesses on a knife edge , don’t even pretend unemployment figures are worth the paper they are written on ,the long term sick and payed carer slots have been the go to for years ( non of that forced into looking for work malarkey), why would anybody in they’re right mind think the nhs is working ?, but hey nurses on way above the national average wage are using food banks to survive , how are people in the private sector on far less , no sick pay, no holiday pay , no pensions even alive ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

3 hours ago, Archied said:

So the fist ones did suit they’re agenda ??‍♂️, 99% of small business people up to they’re ears in forced debt and businesses on a knife edge , don’t even pretend unemployment figures are worth the paper they are written on ,the long term sick and payed carer slots have been the go to for years ( non of that forced into looking for work malarkey), why would anybody in they’re right mind think the nhs is working ?, but hey nurses on way above the national average wage are using food banks to survive , how are people in the private sector on far less , no sick pay, no holiday pay , no pensions even alive ??‍♂️

I'd call for a nurse to attend to you but they're all busy gold-plating their swimming pools.