The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

interesting comment from Jurgen Klopp today. A large number of Liverpool people tested positive with lateral flow (from memory 18) but only 1 from subsequent PCR.

So which of these tests is basically useless?

If it is the LFT, does that mean the daily numbers the government quote are way too high?

21 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

interesting comment from Jurgen Klopp today. A large number of Liverpool people tested positive with lateral flow (from memory 18) but only 1 from subsequent PCR.

So which of these tests is basically useless?

If it is the LFT, does that mean the daily numbers the government quote are way too high?

Aren't the official figures from PCR tests?. I thought that's why you had to do one, to get it confirmed.

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

You’d be surprised how many nurses (and doctors) don’t believe in the vaccine and don’t actually want it. 

a lot have buckled under the pressure and blackmail tactics, but there’ll be a big decision to make halfway through March when the government has their bluff called by tens of thousands of nurses who blatantly refuse the vaccine. They automatically become bona fide whistle blowers, with many currently gathering evidence. 

Dog whistle blowers.

10 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Honestly, have none of you got nothing better to do than keep going over the same ground every hour of every day. 

Surely your getting bored now. What will you do with the spare time you have when in the next 4 weeks COVID stops getting spoke about around the world. 

I think some don’t realise Furlough has finished. ?

18 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

You’d be surprised how many nurses (and doctors) don’t believe in the vaccine and don’t actually want it. 

a lot have buckled under the pressure and blackmail tactics, but there’ll be a big decision to make halfway through March when the government has their bluff called by tens of thousands of nurses who blatantly refuse the vaccine. They automatically become bona fide whistle blowers, with many currently gathering evidence. 

My wife doesn't know a single one and she didn't know any before we moved back to the UK, seriously, not one.

There have been a ton on Twitter and TikTik speaking out about being sick of people not getting vaccinated, but I have never seen one saying anything to the contrary.

So yes, I would be surprised.

21 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Honestly, have none of you got nothing better to do than keep going over the same ground every hour of every day. 

Surely your getting bored now. What will you do with the spare time you have when in the next 4 weeks COVID stops getting spoke about around the world. 

To know all that you would have to nbe reading this thread regulalry.

Have you got nothing better to do than follow a thread where people with nothing better to do post and then post yourself to ask them if they have nothing better to do?

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

My wife doesn't know a single one and she didn't know any before we moved back to the UK, seriously, not one.

There have been a ton on Twitter and TikTik speaking out about being sick of people not getting vaccinated, but I have never seen one saying anything to the contrary.

So yes, I would be surprised.

They did find one anaesthetist who decided he is a world expert on vaccinations and epidemiology. Who has made himself an internet star , and of course been proven wrong.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

To know all that you would have to nbe reading this thread regulalry.

Have you got nothing better to do than follow a thread where people with nothing better to do post and then post yourself to ask them if they have nothing better to do?

Erm, no. 401 pages tells you everything you need to know and a quick scan tells me your a big contributor. 

Talk about going over the same ground day after day. Booooooring 

Let's stop going over old ground.

In latest news, a Number 10 lockdown party for 100 people whilst the rest of us could meet no one, go to funerals etc etc.

I just can't believe that this administration have turned out this way. I'm shocked.

Obviously, I'm been sarcastic, but I'm actually a little shocked that they can be quite as stupid as sending a bring your own booze lockdown party invite out on email. Incredible. There have been a lot of potential final straws, but this one looks like the one.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

In latest news, a Number 10 lockdown party for 100 people whilst the rest of us could meet no one, go to funerals etc etc.

I just can't believe that this administration have turned out this way. I'm shocked.

Obviously, I'm been sarcastic, but I'm actually a little shocked that they can be quite as stupid as sending a bring your own booze lockdown party invite out on email. Incredible. There have been a lot of potential final straws, but this one looks like the one.

Agreed. I quite like this quote from the BBC live feed, from Ruth Davidson...

Ruth Davidson, the former leader of the Scottish Conservatives, says members of the public who "sacrificed so much" during the pandemic are "(rightly) furious" about the Downing Street garden drinks.

In a tweet responding to health minister Edward Argar's comment that he could "understand" why people were "angry and upset" but that we needed to wait for the outcome of the inquiry, the Davidson says: "This line won't survive 48 hrs. Nobody needs an official to tell them if they were at a boozy shindig in their own garden.

"People are (rightly) furious. They sacrificed so much - visiting sick or grieving relatives, funerals."

She ends by asking what "were any of these people thinking"?

It's a simple question - you don't need an inquiry to be able to answer it.

I don't think the government will be looking to impose any new restrictions - or even extend the existing ones - any time soon.

Edited by Wolfie

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Agreed. I quite like this quote from the BBC live feed, from Ruth Davidson...

Ruth Davidson, the former leader of the Scottish Conservatives, says members of the public who "sacrificed so much" during the pandemic are "(rightly) furious" about the Downing Street garden drinks.

In a tweet responding to health minister Edward Argar's comment that he could "understand" why people were "angry and upset" but that we needed to wait for the outcome of the inquiry, the Davidson says: "This line won't survive 48 hrs. Nobody needs an official to tell them if they were at a boozy shindig in their own garden.

"People are (rightly) furious. They sacrificed so much - visiting sick or grieving relatives, funerals."

She ends by asking what "were any of these people thinking"?

It's a simple question - you don't need an inquiry to be able to answer it.

I don't think the government will be looking to impose any new restrictions - or even extend the existing ones - any time soon.

Reading the comments on Conservative Home, I'll think he'll be gone imminently. Perhaps he might buy Derby?

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

When you say the rest of us could not go to funerals, I assume you are not including the Labour politician who attended a large funeral?

This isn't a defence of the Conservative Government by the way, I think Johnson should resign immediately, just lets not pretend it was only them breaking the rules because it clearly wasnt.

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

They did find one anaesthetist who decided he is a world expert on vaccinations and epidemiology. Who has made himself an internet star , and of course been proven wrong.

Was that the guy who talked to Sunak and it was all over Twitter?

I thought he said he wasn't an expert on that?