The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

The idea of masks is to reduce the outward emission of droplets. There have been many studies that have proved that they are extremely efficient at doing this - in other words, if an infected person is wearing a mask, the viral load that is ejected from their lungs is greatly reduced by the mask. It's no longer even a matter for debate (unless you are a complete idiot like Christopher Foley - anti-masker, now dead of Covid-19, Caleb Wallace - anti-masker, now dead of Covid-19, or Piers Corbyn - anti-masker ... we can but hope).

You are fully aware of this, I am sure, so I must conclude that you have reverted back to trolling again, knowing full well that I would bite in the face of such a ridiculous statement.

I really value your opinions in other threads where you have much to contribute, but in this instance, you are spreading dangerous misinformation just for poops and giggles.

You stick rigidity to the units of alcohol considered safe I take it?

these anti maskers you now state as being dead from covid , do you know how they caught ? was not the mask there to protect others from them yet you claim being anti mask killed them , how many pro mask people have died of covid , why is the spread of covid so high in hospitals where the mask regime is rigidity enforced ? 
and as for your can but hope comments on another human being ( no matter what they’re beliefs) that just shows a level that’s quite disgusting, imagine the outcry if I said that about pro maskers??‍♂️
trouble with masks is they all too often slip 

Edited by Archied

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

The idea of masks is to reduce the outward emission of droplets. There have been many studies that have proved that they are extremely efficient at doing this - in other words, if an infected person is wearing a mask, the viral load that is ejected from their lungs is greatly reduced by the mask. It's no longer even a matter for debate (unless you are a complete idiot like Christopher Foley - anti-masker, now dead of Covid-19, Caleb Wallace - anti-masker, now dead of Covid-19, or Piers Corbyn - anti-masker ... we can but hope).

You are fully aware of this, I am sure, so I must conclude that you have reverted back to trolling again, knowing full well that I would bite in the face of such a ridiculous statement.

I really value your opinions in other threads where you have much to contribute, but in this instance, you are spreading dangerous misinformation just for poops and giggles.

I don't think I'm spreading any misinformation?

We were told that you are most likely to catch the virus by being in close proximity to someone for 15 minutes. 

Also dont understand how a mask can reduce viral load being omitted but not reduce the amount being inhaled, doesn't sound in any way logical to me.

I know you like to quote all of these studies about mask wearing and of course who am I to argue with them, but like @Archiedsays, the results of these studies don't seem to tally with real world data. Mask wearing is probably at an all time high and yet so are case numbers.

Your comments on Piers Corbyn are distasteful to say the least. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

but like @Archiedsays, the results of these studies don't seem to tally with real world data. Mask wearing is probably at an all time high and yet so are case numbers

Couldn’t agree more and something I can’t get my head round. I was in London Wednesday and mask wearing was >95% in fact on the tube I didn’t see anyone (bar the odd child) who wasn’t wearing one, every shop I go in it’s >95%. However even with this high adherence the cases are going through the roof? I’d love the forum scientists to explain it. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Couldn’t agree more and something I can’t get my head round. I was in London Wednesday and mask wearing was >95% in fact on the tube I didn’t see anyone (bar the odd child) who wasn’t wearing one, every shop I go in it’s >95%. However even with this high adherence the cases are going through the roof? I’d love the forum scientists to explain it. 

Just imagine the figures if no one wore them

34 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Just imagine the figures if no one wore them

Bingo!!!! Knew that was coming, imagine they’d be pretty much the same. Not exactly working now are they 

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

Isn't one of the most expensive costs for the NHS diabetes treatment? Isn't that often caused by obesity? Should they be expected to pay for their treatment too? 

Even if antivaxxers are a bit silly, it's a dangerous precedent to set.

Thing is, the morbidly obese are not causing lockdowns and restrictions causing innocent folk to lose their jobs..

(I think stronger encouragement for those obese to stop harming themselves would be a great thing mind you)

15 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Thing is, the morbidly obese are not causing lockdowns and restrictions causing innocent folk to lose their jobs..

(I think stronger encouragement for those obese to stop harming themselves would be a great thing mind you)

Two-thirds of patients in hospital with the Omicron strain are not there with Covid as a primary reason

31 percent of patients with Covid in hospital right now caught it in hospital. 

Underlying health conditions play a huge part in the numbers. 

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Isn't one of the most expensive costs for the NHS diabetes treatment? Isn't that often caused by obesity? Should they be expected to pay for their treatment too? 

Heard this sort of conversation around quite a lot recently. It’s sad people aren’t willing to take more responsibility with their health in all situations, but one of the core values and principles behind the NHS- and the way I believe medicine should be practised- is without prejudice or judgement. Whether that’s spending thousands on the treatment of a (likely) cigarette induced lung cancer patient, transplanting a liver into an alcoholic, doing your utmost to save a limb for a patient with diabetes or indeed treating an anti-vaxxed Covid patient on ICU. Healthcare is a right and should never be conditional. My penny’s worth anyway

Edited by BrudeRAM

31 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Bingo knew that was coming prove that they're not reducing figures.

Touché, I can’t and nobody else can either. Let’s just get back to normal life now we have vaccinations and see what happens, it’s the only way to prove it one way or another. 

Edited by TexasRam

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Not sure whether it’s true that diabetes treatment is most expensive? Insulin is that expensive ? And that’s mostly for people with type 1 which is genetic.

As for obesity generally I think it’s a trickier issue to tackle obesity, compulsive or comfort eating , poor metabolism . Addictions etc. Just getting a jab in your arm is an easier fix I would say .

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure whether it’s true that diabetes treatment is most expensive? Insulin is that expensive ? And that’s mostly for people with type 1 which is genetic.

As for obesity generally I think it’s a trickier issue to tackle obesity, compulsive or comfort eating , poor metabolism . Addictions etc. Just getting a jab in your arm is an easier fix I would say .

I am not sure if it's the most, as with my intial comment one of certainly. Insulin with the amount of people requiring it regularly becomes very expensive. And then combined with the other treatments required and it works out as a lot. 

Should people with auto immune diseases be rejected medical treatment because they didn't get the jab? What about those who can't get it on religious grounds? As @BrudeRAMsaid in his excellent post above, healthcare in this country is not conditional, it's a right.

5 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Bingo!!!! Knew that was coming, imagine they’d be pretty much the same. Not exactly working now are they 

By that logic seatbelts don’t work either as people still die from car accidents.

And chemo doesn’t work either as people still die from cancer.

You simply don’t know. But you and Archie continue to argue against popular belief in the science world regardless.

My biggest query is why? I can understand the lack of trust in the government and their message given how they have acted throughout.

But forget government. Science tells you masks reduce the chances of spreading COVID. Why you and Archie continue to choose to deny that is bizarre.

Ive mentioned previously on this thread. We all choose to believe the information presented. But I just don’t understand those who are hell bent on choosing the minority view.

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

This is purely a guess but I think the massive upsurge in cases are linked to what’s happening when the shops have closed, ie pubs, clubs & restaurants.  That plus the vaccine hesitancy amongst the age groups that are going out and slobbering over one another at the weekends. 

32 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

By that logic seatbelts don’t work either as people still die from car accidents.

You simply don’t know. But you and Archie continue to argue against popular belief in the science world regardless.

My biggest query is why? I can understand the lack of trust in the government and their message given how they have acted throughout.

But forget government. Science tells you masks reduce the chances of spreading COVID. Why you and Archie continue to choose to deny that is bizarre.

Ive mentioned previously on this thread. We all choose to believe the information presented. But I just don’t understand those who are hell bent on choosing the minority view.

Fair points Bris, so why do you think cases are still going through the roof when mask wearing is being adhered to as it is? 

50 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Because I have lived out and about in the real world since this started , seen how FACE COVERING mandates work in reality ,on off ,in out of pockets , I’ll fitting , often dirty , worn half on ,half off , worn to the table ,taken off to sup or eat , it’s just pure theatre ,to the point that people claiming that this farce is cutting infection by 53 % is BIZZARE and as I stated earlier and not been answered ,how anyone who feels it’s ok for them to visit pubs and sit drinking maskless but moralise to others about wearing masks even when not mandated in other indoor settings is just plain hypocrisy 

Edited by Archied