The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Unfortunately I just tested positive which means I'll have to miss my sister's wedding and spend Christmas alone in my small city centre flat, very sad. 

Really sorry to hear that.

I have probably gone over the top regarding isolation over the last 10 days (no pub) because we only get together as a family on one day a year - I would hate to miss it so I know how you feel (probably). So far, so good - just got the minefield that is Morrisons to negotiate at 9:30 pm tomorrow night and I'm probably in the clear. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Really sorry to hear that.

I have probably gone over the top regarding isolation over the last 10 days (no pub) because we only get together as a family on one day a year - I would hate to miss it so I know how you feel (probably). So far, so good - just got the minefield that is Morrisons to negotiate at 9:30 pm tomorrow night and I'm probably in the clear. 

Thank you! It's very disappointing, but what can you do.

I've been extremely cautious with my last event attended being the 11th, which I went and got a PCR test that came back negative, since then I've been working from home and only been to a supermarket, so I think my local tesco is where I've caught it from! 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Unfortunately I just tested positive which means I'll have to miss my sister's wedding and spend Christmas alone in my small city centre flat, very sad. 

Ah duck mate, that sucks. I'm worried about getting a positive before Christmas, but I think this virus has now mutated to such a point that almost any contact can result in infection. It was my birthday a week ago so really I'm just grateful I got to hang out with the bezzers and we had my lad and his GF staying over this weekend just past so I can't complain, especially after a feckin grim time of it last year.

Keep your head up in any case mate. Ask your folks to send you some of the posh Waitrose or M & S Xmas nosh that you can just whack in the oven without prep. Top tip - their puds are to die for!

Sort loads of booze, download all the good TV and films you missed while you were studying for your finals and spend a 10 days indulging yourself as best you can.

Make a list of all the sport you want to see and might have otherwise missed and watch the blood lot. I nearly completed P***hub last year, so that's a last resort.

If any of your buds have copped it too you could have a Covid bubble party too.

PM me if for a chat if you get really bored.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you sfay well. 

Also sorry to see that trolls find your post funny. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you sfay well. 

Also sorry to see that trolls find your post funny. 

Ah , I presume you mean me as I have just checked and instead of pressing the tear imogi as I intended I have pressed the double tear one by mistake which obviously has a different meaning , thanks for the heads up but no thanks for the troll accusation and the rather silly belief that anybody would have found ancidis predicament funny , still whatever floats your boat??‍♂️

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

If you're vaccinated can't you just wear a mask and go?

These are the 2 things that supposedly stop the spread aren't they?

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

On today's Covid bingo its the number 7.

That's right folks, we are cutting the self isolation period from 10 to 7 days...but only if you're double jabbed of course.

Join us again tomorrow for the next instalment of Covid bingo.

Not true.

"The new guidance can be used by people who are isolating after testing positive for Covid, regardless of their vaccination status"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59749447

Doesn't it make sense?.

If Omicron is generally less severe and a quicker recovery time?. Surely saying 7 days if testing negative is a bit more scientific than an arbitrary 10 days

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you're vaccinated can't you just wear a mask and go?

These are the 2 things that supposedly stop the spread aren't they?

Why do you keep coming back to this?. Who has ever claimed that the vaccine and masks STOP the virus?. All they've ever sais is that the risk spread is reduced.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Not true.

"The new guidance can be used by people who are isolating after testing positive for Covid, regardless of their vaccination status"

Doesn't it make sense?.

If Omicron is generally less severe and a quicker recovery time?. Surely saying 7 days if testing negative is a bit more scientific than an arbitrary 10 days

If its less severe and quicker recovery time then we should not even be talking about it.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Not true.

Doesn't it make sense?.

You seem to have stopped your quote half way through...

'But those who are not double-jabbed will still have to isolate for the full 10 days if they are a close contact of a positive case, as is currently the case.'

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If its less severe and quicker recovery time then we should not even be talking about it.

I'm tending to agree with you on this one.

I'll be so furious if I have to miss Christmas with our folks because I catch a "cold" in the next couple of days - planning for 10 people round at ours, 9 of whom are triple jabbed and the other is 9 years old.