The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The unvaccinated are not the primary reason for another potential lockdown.

Except that they are if it’s them that’s going into the ICU’s now and potentially filling up entire hospitals in the days & weeks to come, surely. It’s that possibility that’s going to cause a lockdown. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Except that they are if it’s them that’s going into the ICU’s now and potentially filling up entire hospitals in the days & weeks to come, surely. It’s that possibility that’s going to cause a lockdown. 

That's what hospitals are there for?

Where is the data that says it is unvaccinated people filling up hospitals?

What are the numbers of people actually catching Covid once in hospital and are these being included in the figures of people being admitted to hospital with Covid?

Are hospitals more full now than at this time in a normal year?

I would have thought with flu and pneumonia almost non existent these days they would just be replacing the people that are normally in ICU during winter.

"In the UK it was described that secondary attack rates among household contacts exposed to fully vaccinated index cases was similar to household contacts exposed to unvaccinated index cases (25% for vaccinated vs 23% for unvaccinated). 12 of 31 infections in fully vaccinated household contacts (39%) arose from fully vaccinated epidemiologically linked index cases. Peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2666776221002581?via=ihub

Has anyone looked up the number of tests being done this last week compared to previous weeks? The LFT had just about doubled which may identify more infections which we all know are out there. If you get a positive LFT then you should have a PCR thus pushing the % of positive tests up. Read into it what you like but I’m not doing any lock down while No 10 does what they want.

I had my Booster last week. Only to protect others. For me, the government can duck off with any restrictions. 

I worked through the worst of it, caught it through work when it could have easily have been avoided. Not letting people from a certain city who were already positive being shipped to my place of work would have helped me and my family - most of which caught it from me. 

When the restrictions were lifted, through a mixture of time, money and common sense, I didn't put myself in various pubs where you could drink with no mask on, I haven't been on holiday, I haven't been to as many football games.....now, who the duck has the right to tell me to not mix with my family over Xmas? Nobody. 

There are people on here who have potentially been spreading the virus a lot more than me, but because they wear a mask to the shops, but not to the pubs they frequent or the holidays they have been on, they seem to think they have the right to call others selfish.

Bizarre. And it is the same people who now fully support a lockdown. 

Get out of here with your hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

I am not sure what the best alternative is to lockdowns. Would it be to encourage more people to take regular PCR tests before they go to work/ gatherings? Not sure if that's logistically viable.

The problem with that is, PCR tests take 2-3 days to come back. The virus doubles every 1.5-2 days (estimated) so it's just not going to slow the spread. 

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

I had my Booster last week. Only to protect others. For me, the government can duck off with any restrictions. 

I worked through the worst of it, caught it through work when it could have easily have been avoided. Not letting people from a certain city who were already positive being shipped to my place of work would have helped me and my family - most of which caught it from me. 

When the restrictions were lifted, through a mixture of time, money and common sense, I didn't put myself in various pubs where you could drink with no mask on, I haven't been on holiday, I haven't been to as many football games.....now, who the duck has the right to tell me to not mix with my family over Xmas? Nobody. 

There are people on here who have potentially been spreading the virus a lot more than me, but because they wear a mask to the shops, but not to the pubs they frequent or the holidays they have been on, they seem to think they have the right to call others selfish.

Bizarre. And it is the same people who now fully support a lockdown. 

Get out of here with your hypocrisy.

Absolutely spot on

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The problem with that is, PCR tests take 2-3 days to come back. The virus doubles every 1.5-2 days (estimated) so it's just not going to slow the spread. 

It’s takes less than 24hrs for a PCR result (Due to travel I did one Thursday and got it back Friday). In Poland I had one and got the results in 3hrs. 

Had my booster yesterday aching a bit ,kids school has closed for the year due to lack of teachers, at work tomorrow with people from all over the country some of which have had no jabs and some that possibly have covid but keep quiet because they work through the agency and don't want to lose money at this time of year,I'm trying my best to stop this thing from spreading but if everyone's not joining the party I can't see a end any time soon ?

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's what hospitals are there for?

Where is the data that says it is unvaccinated people filling up hospitals?

What are the numbers of people actually catching Covid once in hospital and are these being included in the figures of people being admitted to hospital with Covid?

Are hospitals more full now than at this time in a normal year?

I would have thought with flu and pneumonia almost non existent these days they would just be replacing the people that are normally in ICU during winter.

I don’t know the data. Maybe you could look it up….

That’s why I said “if” and “possibility” We’re told it’s too early to be sure but anecdotally the unvaccinated seem to be the ones worst hit: talking today to a paramedic friend & he said that he’s taking covid patients into hospital who are in a bad way but it’s rare for him to have to pick someone up who’s had the vaccinations. 

31 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It’s takes less than 24hrs for a PCR result (Due to travel I did one Thursday and got it back Friday). In Poland I had one and got the results in 3hrs. 

I sent back three home tests on Monday night. Nothing Tuesday, or Wednesday morning. Wednesday afternoon I went to a drive through test site. No results Thursday. Friday night I got the 3 home test results and Saturday morning I got the drive through results. 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I sent back three home tests on Monday night. Nothing Tuesday, or Wednesday morning. Wednesday afternoon I went to a drive through test site. No results Thursday. Friday night I got the 3 home test results and Saturday morning I got the drive through results. 

That’s poor then, especially if this things as bad as being made out. I dont understand the delay in yours?