The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm sure I saw a programme once stating the worlds hottest chili was from Lincoln

Armageddon originates from Bedford, and it's officially the second-hottest in the world. The Carolina Reaper is No 1 at the moment, although these things are quite 'flexible'. Most hot chilis are from the same family (Capsicum chinense) and include 7-pot. Trinidad Scorpion etc as well as Scotch Bonnet, Armageddon and Carolina Reaper.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Armageddon originates from Bedford, and it's officially the second-hottest in the world. The Carolina Reaper is No 1 at the moment, although these things are quite 'flexible'. Most hot chilis are from the same family (Capsicum chinense) and include 7-pot. Trinidad Scorpion etc as well as Scotch Bonnet, Armageddon and Carolina Reaper.

I'm not one for hot n spicy, But many moons ago when the Tiger Bar(Thai Girl Bar)was our local, Dave the landlord had a Thai evening Buffet, As most of the older men in there had married a Thai Girl.

Anyroad I skipped the food...but was encouraged by the landlord just to try a little chutney, I did...and for almost an hour my lips were burning and numb, The chutney was yellow and not quite half a teanspoon full, I've seen Chilli eating competitions...wow...why, Eyes watering mouth drooling with spit...damn bonkers if you ask me ?

Let’s just wait and see how it goes. I don’t think the modellers really know what is going to happen, but it is their job to tell the  politicians how bad it might be.

People who are vulnerable I can understand being worried and I feel for them, but for me it’s time told hold our nerve and wait and see with measures as they are.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This is the one I saw. Appears it's number 7 in the list now.  When the bloke on telly - a super hot speed eater- wolfed  down a curry made from it at a restaurant in Sunderland, he started crying.  These new ones must melt the head.

The Infinity Chili pepper is a chili pepper hybrid of the Capsicum chinense species created in England by chili breeder Nicholas Woods of Fire Foods, Grantham, Lincolnshire.[1] For two weeks in February 2011, the Infinity Chili held the Guinness World Record title for the world's hottest chili with a Scoville scale rating of 1,067,286 Scoville Heat Units (SHU). On March 1, 2011, it was displaced by the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper, which registered 1,463,700 SHU

1 hour ago, Archied said:

As an aside on face covering s / masks , if the government were serious there would be proper masks recommended and supplied and proper sanitary bins on our streets and other places for disposal , 

we are expected to go along with the stupidity that people wearing anything from the wife’s tights to a loose fitting on and off all day bit of paper cuts transmission by 53 % 

the problem is Eddie when people at the top talk so much garbage and lies there comes a point when people just stop listening ??‍♂️

The thing is, even a pair of pants/tights will help to reduce the flow of droplets outward - it's better than not wearing a mask (the time it's not advised is when exercising vigorously).

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Long article on various covid related stories and the march got this (in its entirety)

'Meanwhile, police officers suffered minor injuries during "scuffles" at a protest against coronavirus restrictions at Westminster.'

Approx 10k at the march and a handful of idiots make a sentence in a footnote of a related article.  I suppose thats the march covered in detail then by the BBC.

Edited by maxjam

26 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm not one for hot n spicy, But many moons ago when the Tiger Bar(Thai Girl Bar)was our local, Dave the landlord had a Thai evening Buffet, As most of the older men in there had married a Thai Girl.

Anyroad I skipped the food...but was encouraged by the landlord just to try a little chutney, I did...and for almost an hour my lips were burning and numb, The chutney was yellow and not quite half a teanspoon full, I've seen Chilli eating competitions...wow...why, Eyes watering mouth drooling with spit...damn bonkers if you ask me ?

I had a Thai red curry tonight. Not extreme by any means, but very tasty. It has to be balanced, so there was plenty of coconut milk and a tub of Greek yoghurt wound into it to bring it down to within the Memsahib's comfort zone.

I can eat an Armageddon chili, but it's not a good idea, and I wouldn't dream of entering a chili eating contest (Hot wings contest? I might make an exception there). With home-grown chilis, even the position of the plant in the garden can affect the heat of the fruit, so I always try a bit before using them in any dish I'm cooking to give me an idea how much to use.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Long article on various covid related stories and the march got this (in its entirety)

Meanwhile, police officers suffered minor injuries during "scuffles" at a protest against coronavirus restrictions at Westminster.'

I suppose thats the march covered in detail then by the BBC.

I would have just said "A super-spreader event was held in London today" and left it at that.

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The thing is, even a pair of pants/tights will help to reduce the flow of droplets outward - it's better than not wearing a mask (the time it's not advised is when exercising vigorously).

And if it was put out in those terms most people would respond in a much better way but when you are being taken for mugs you in the end just say duck this, it’s been that way since day one and I despise what has been and still is being done to the people of this country in the name of covid and the name of politics