The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Other than the school kids in which vaccine uptake remains low in virtually all other age groups the double vaxxed are now more infected than the unvaccinated - in some brackets, massively more so. 

Apologies still being accepted if anyone wants to roll back accusations of 'ridiculous misinformation campaign'.  

Latest Govt Figures

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf

5 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Not sure who he is or what he's trying to show?

Are we now using different figures to the ones the Govt have produced since the pandemic started to get the results 'we' want?

Regardless... the top graph still shows substantial infection rates in both the vaccinated and unvaccinated, which as stated, is the only thing I'm concerned with re. any potential introduction of covid passports.

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Not sure who he is or what he's trying to show?

Are we now using different figures to the ones the Govt have produced since the pandemic started to get the results 'we' want?

Regardless... the top graph still shows substantial infection rates in both the vaccinated and unvaccinated, which as stated, is the only thing I'm concerned with re. any potential introduction of covid passports.

I'm confused too, both the data you posted and this one claim to have the same ONS source for week 42 yet show different pictures

Edited by Stive Pesley

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I'm confused too, both the data you posted and this one claim to have the same ONS source for week 42 yet show different pictures

Well I also posted the Govt link, figures that we have been using throughout the pandemic. 

Paul Mainwood according to his twitter Bio,used to study Physics.

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well I also posted the Govt link, figures that we have been using throughout the pandemic. 

Paul Mainwood according to his twitter Bio,used to study Physics.

The figures are taken from the ONS reports, also a government link provided in the tweet.  
I don’t know why they should look so different? He is usually pretty good with his reporting. I will take a closer looksy. 

Edited by jimmyp

3 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

The figures are taken from the ONS reports, also a government link provided in the tweet.  

He links to the Govt website - the same one as I posted, which contains the exact same table I posted in the tweet I linked. 

He then interprets it using ONS demoninators (mid 2020 ONS demoninators according to his smaller print).

Unless it gains traction, I think I'll rely on the official Govt numbers that we have been using throughout the pandemic.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Furthermore, given that there are far more people vaccinated than unvaccinated and the vaccinated are actually catching covid at higher rates than the unvaccinated that surely has to end any talk of covid passports - which is all I care about tbh.

There are many more vaccinated so why the surprise?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There are many more vaccinated so why the surprise?

There is no surprise to me. 

Just concerned why covid passports are being introduced in various places around the world - and aren't completely off the table here, if they don't actually do anything to reduce the spread of covid?  

22 minutes ago, maxjam said:

There is no surprise to me. 

Just concerned why covid passports are being introduced in various places around the world - and aren't completely off the table here, if they don't actually do anything to reduce the spread of covid?  

Not to mention vaccinating children at no threat from COVID , there’s been so much from day one that makes no sense whatsoever ?‍♂️

We can argue on wether It's the have or have not vaccinated sections of the nation that are the bigger percentage of those now being infected. What we should be concerned about is how we still need control and ultimately eradicate this virus. Or we going to end up blindly falling into a Plan B before Christmas. Or will Johnson make the same disastrous decisions he made before last Christmas and  possibly lead us back to restrictions more severe than we saw at the start of the year.  

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm no expert mate but I think I've read that viruses have been around for a billion or so years before humans evolved so eradicating them is highly doubtful. 

Yes viruses have been here since before the emergence of humankind.  We have survived them due to the ingenuity of our ancestors, that have either eradicated various strains of a virus or learnt to control them. I'm hopeful that we will be capable of doing one or the other to this present strain.

While we look for the best way in dealing with this strain. Should we, as many want, go back to living a pre-covid life and hope for the best that not to many people die from the virus. Or should we fight using all the resources we presently have available to us, so keeping as many people possible, alive and well.

12 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yes viruses have been here since before the emergence of humankind.  We have survived them due to the ingenuity of our ancestors, that have either eradicated various strains of a virus or learnt to control them. I'm hopeful that we will be capable of doing one or the other to this present strain.

While we look for the best way in dealing with this strain. Should we, as many want, go back to living a pre-covid life and hope for the best that not to many people die from the virus. Or should we fight using all the resources we presently have available to us, so keeping as many people possible, alive and well.

Well, there's 250 pages in the second installment of this thread discussing just that. 

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

You mean like bits of paper over our faces and working from home for the chosen few which stopped restrictions last time ,,,,, did they ? I don’t remember now this collective madness has been going on so long 

no hang on I’m gonna get on board the crazy train , I vote we all lock our doors and refuse to come back out ( except those we need out and about to sustain our standard of living ) until the government have eradicated every virus, bug , illness and cause that we can die from especially covid and those others above it in the list of killers,

where do I get my badge and hat

7 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I think it will end up like flu tbh - yearly boosters for those that need it and an 'acceptable' level of deaths ? 

Unlike some other diseases covid has 'animal reservoirs' which basically means that its going to be really, really difficult to eradicate.  The best hope imho is we get updated boosters every year to tackle any new variants.