The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I guess there are two schools of thought

1. Those who don't see masks as a particular imposition and therefore, if making them mandatory in crowded places saves a single life then that's a win for the greater good

2. Those who have massive control issues and couldn't give a flying duck if they save lives or not - they ain't being told to wear one by no one and they feel no social responsibility. 

The same tired old tactic, a bit paper on an elastic band makes you the saviour of society 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Agreed. Again the flaw in this argument is masks are better at stopping the wearer spread the virus than they are protecting the wearer. 

This "freedom' is freedom to spread it not freedom from catching it. 

It's the same argument drink drivers used in the 70s when they wanted to carry on driving home from the pub. 

Ah now those that disagree with you are no better than drink drivers ,,,, I’m a non drinker and very happy to ban all alcohol use , it will STOP drink driving , STOP drink fuelled violence, STOP addiction, STOP destruction of families , relieve massively the pressures on the nhs,

you boys up for joining me on a campaign to get it banned with the same gusto as forcing bits of paper on people’s faces ,,,, I’m willing to bet that won’t happen ,you will defend your right to drink sensibly 

16 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

2. Those who have massive control issues and couldn't give a flying duck if they save lives or not - they ain't being told to wear one by no one and they feel no social responsibility. 

Unironically, this. I don't care. I'm not responsible for your health. "If it saves even a single life" is a ridiculous line of thinking that could be used to justify just about anything.

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

And I respect your honesty. I actually wish everyone would just say what they think and give over with the whataboutery

Honesty,,, I think you are afraid of covid and want to force everyone to keep you safe ,, how about the whataboutery you claim , we up for campaigning to get alcohol banned ,, after all if it saves just one live , 

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ah now those that disagree with you are no better than drink drivers ,,,, I’m a non drinker and very happy to ban all alcohol use , it will STOP drink driving , STOP drink fuelled violence, STOP addiction, STOP destruction of families , relieve massively the pressures on the nhs,

you boys up for joining me on a campaign to get it banned with the same gusto as forcing bits of paper on people’s faces ,,,, I’m willing to bet that won’t happen ,you will defend your right to drink sensibly 

OK lets go with your campaign to eliminating drink driving by banning all consumption of alcohol.

If we use the same principles in dealing with eliminating the coronavirus and as you've repeatedly stated that vaccines and masks are no help. Shouldn't we therefore just stop all face to face contact with each other to stop the spread of the virus?

9 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

OK lets go with your campaign to eliminating drink driving by banning all consumption of alcohol.

If we use the same principles in dealing with eliminating the coronavirus and as you've repeatedly stated that vaccines and masks are no help. Shouldn't we therefore just stop all face to face contact with each other to stop the spread of the 

not just drink driving ( used by a poster as a slur to not agreeing with mask mandates ) , all the other drink issues I mention ,

I have no fear or shame in being open enough to admit that alcohol has been and is a death sentence to my family , personally have worked very hard and been very lucky in being able to stop that cycle in my life and my children’s life but it still takes work 25 years on ,

now my life would be safer , better and easier if I didn’t have to have to face people gorging on alcohol almost everywhere you go , football fans in concourses stinking of it , spilling it over you , throwing it over you and your kids , now I could give you multiple situations like that ,,, yet I don’t feel I have the right to stop those people living they’re lives , accuse them of having the death of others on they’re hands ,,,, nope if I feel at risk in situations I don’t go there , it’s nobody else’s job to keep me safe 

as with covid , I’m 60 so probably at fair risk from it but yet I don’t think it’s everybody else’s job to keep me safe ,

if people want to virtue signal that they care for every single life then do it full on not just the situations they feel threatened by ,, it’s just so transparent 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Currently in the departure lounge at Gatwick Airport. 10% not wearing masks. 

Though I seem to be attracting them. Keep sitting next to me. I want to be a f@nny magnet on holiday but it seems I'm just a twit magnet

Now there you have my agreement, if I see anyone wearing a mask then I give them a wide berth and I think that’s a decent and considerate thing to do ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Though I seem to be attracting them. Keep sitting next to me. I want to be a f@nny magnet on holiday but it seems I'm just a twit magnet

Just back from Cyprus, there’ll be a fair few on your plane too I bet. Twits that is. ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just back from Cyprus, there’ll be a fair few on your plane too I bet. Twits that is. ?

Anyone on the plane without it will get my death stare. If within 2m of me I will call a steward. 

Apart from eating and drinking. 

I bought a medical grade mask for the journey. 

What's really odd is seeing a family group of 4 with 3 wearing masks and one 1 not. If I was 18 and travelling with my late Dad and didn't follow this kind of rule, I'd be waking up around next March. 

Just now, sage said:

Anyone on the plane without it will get my death stare. If within 2m of me I will call a steward. 

What's really odd is seeing a family group of 4 with 3 wearing masks and one 1 not. If I was 18 and travelling with my late Dad and didn't follow this kind of rule, I'd be waking up around next March. 

I know what you mean, but don’t let it stress you. Plane’s are fairly well ‘ventilated’! There will be people sat with a drink all flight to be unmasked. Ryanair staff were fairly unbothered by it. 
Your mask will help you. Happy holidays!

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I assume your trip is an absolute necessity then. Obviously there's no way you'd take such a risk if this wasn't the case.

1 hour ago, sage said:

F@nny magnet!  Is that how we address women in 2021? Are you with the rest of the inbetweeners at the airport?

how uncouth, I’m surprised at you to be honest. 

Well it looks as if I've been dealing with coronavirus all wrong,and that we should be only caring about our own health.

So if I unfortunately do contact the virus, I'll need to hope that all the doctors and nurses haven't arrived at the same conclusion of only caring for themselves, when I turn up at the hospital looking for help. Maybe I could go home and clap a bit louder in the hope they change their minds.

But I suppose I could be lucky and catch the virus without it becoming life threatening. Meaning I could possibly take a holiday to help me recuperate and anyone else flying on the same plane, well that's their fault if they become infected, they shouldn't have taken the risk of travelling alongside me. If not a holiday maybe a trip to Pride Park, well I suppose the same scenario applies for any infections in the crowd. And I wouldn't want to be seen has virtue signalling of caring for others by wearing a mask. 

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Well it looks as if I've been dealing with coronavirus all wrong,and that we should be only caring about our own health.

So if I unfortunately do contact the virus, I'll need to hope that all the doctors and nurses haven't arrived at the same conclusion of only caring for themselves, when I turn up at the hospital looking for help. Maybe I could go home and clap a bit louder in the hope they change their minds.

But I suppose I could be lucky and catch the virus without it becoming life threatening. Meaning I could possibly take a holiday to help me recuperate and anyone else flying on the same plane, well that's their fault if they become infected, they shouldn't have taken the risk of travelling alongside me. If not a holiday maybe a trip to Pride Park, well I suppose the same scenario applies for any infections in the crowd. And I wouldn't want to be seen has virtue signalling of caring for others by wearing a mask. 

Or you could if you were old  just sack those care home workers that cared for the old when there were no vaccines putting they’re lives and lives of they’re families at risk for others if they don’t now take vaccine for any reason ( far more selfless than many gp s )  ??‍♂️,, perhaps we could arrange an extra clap  on our doorsteps for them 

the predictable thing about all this is the most selfish pretending for all they’re worth to be the selfless and calling anyone who doesn’t fall in line with what they believe keeps them safe the selfish ones , wasn’t it the selfish young generation just wanting a pint or fun with they’re mates , now we want to pump vaccine into kids who are not at risk from covid ,,,,

do me a favour , the selfishness is and has been palpable through this whole thing