The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

20 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Well it looks as if I've been dealing with coronavirus all wrong,and that we should be only caring about our own health.

So if I unfortunately do contact the virus, I'll need to hope that all the doctors and nurses haven't arrived at the same conclusion of only caring for themselves, when I turn up at the hospital looking for help. Maybe I could go home and clap a bit louder in the hope they change their minds.

But I suppose I could be lucky and catch the virus without it becoming life threatening. Meaning I could possibly take a holiday to help me recuperate and anyone else flying on the same plane, well that's their fault if they become infected, they shouldn't have taken the risk of travelling alongside me. If not a holiday maybe a trip to Pride Park, well I suppose the same scenario applies for any infections in the crowd. And I wouldn't want to be seen has virtue signalling of caring for others by wearing a mask. 

If the doctors and nurses care about themselves they'll do the jobs they're paid to. No goodwill or clapping required.

Anyone who believes the coronavirus is so deadly that we require lockdowns and mask mandates, whilst also believing that it isn't deadly enough to stop them from choosing to go abroad on holiday is fooling themselves. It's all a bit reminiscent of the scene at the end of Blackadder Goes Forth,

"Don't forget your stick Lieutenant"

"Rather, sir. Wouldn't want to face a machine gun without this."

11 minutes ago, Anon said:

If the doctors and nurses care about themselves they'll do the jobs they're paid to. No goodwill or clapping required.

Anyone who believes the coronavirus is so deadly that we require lockdowns and mask mandates, whilst also believing that it isn't deadly enough to stop them from choosing to go abroad on holiday is fooling themselves. It's all a bit reminiscent of the scene at the end of Blackadder Goes Forth,

"Don't forget your stick Lieutenant"

"Rather, sir. Wouldn't want to face a machine gun without this."

Yep and those that are happy to go into a pub on holiday ,sit at a table and drink ??????

it really is astounding, I could put up with it more if they just were honest and said they wanted all this stuff to keep themselves safe they need to cover this by claiming theyre motive is to selflessly keep others safe ,, they feel safe themselves but feel others aren’t safe ?

2 hours ago, Archied said:

do me a favour , the selfishness is and has been palpable through this whole thing 

Yes the people that claimed that the virus would be no worse than the common flu, along with those refusing to get vaccinated or wear a mask have definitely been palpable throughout the whole pandemic

21 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yes the people that claimed that the virus would be no worse than the common flu, along with those refusing to get vaccinated or wear a mask have definitely been palpable throughout the whole pandemic

While quaffing Chardonnay in they’re lovely gardens on full salary with less outgoings whilst the cannon fodder deliver they’re every whim and keep the country running ,,  or setting rules that don’t apply to themselves or deciding that masks not being mandated is something they want to ignore whilst off on holiday or sitting down in the pub downing pints ( virus don’t spread whilst beer is around),,,,,yeah right , seen enough now to see who the real selfish are 

Edited by Archied

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

No - it doesn't, it just makes you willing to accept a small imposition, in the quest to save lives. 

I don't have a problem with you being the opposite. 

Ok let’s see if I’ve got this right ,, you and others say the mask doesn’t protect the mask wearer , it protects others , so you selfless people wearing them for purely altruistic reasons ,, your motivation for wanting everyone else to wear one isn’t to protect YOU ,,it’s to protect all the others ??

9 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Urgh more politicising of the pandemic.

Tories are the party for the anti-mask, get on with it people and Labour are all terrified sheep. I see how it's gonna go.

Sadly you are spot on ,I’m glad I find myself in a position where I couldn’t vote for either conservative or labour , suppose I really need to investigate what the Lib Dem’s are all about and scout around to find if there is any other party I could have any faith in going forward

Edited by Archied

Other than the school kids in which vaccine uptake remains low in virtually all other age groups the double vaxxed are now more infected than the unvaccinated - in some brackets, massively more so. 

Apologies still being accepted if anyone wants to roll back accusations of 'ridiculous misinformation campaign'.  

Latest Govt Figures

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Other than the school kids in which vaccine uptake remains low in virtually all other age groups the double vaxxed are now more infected than the unvaccinated - in some brackets, massively more so. 

Apologies still being accepted if anyone wants to roll back accusations of 'ridiculous misinformation campaign'.  

Latest Govt Figures

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf

How many unvaccinated are there compared to the vaccinated?

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok let’s see if I’ve got this right ,, you and others say the mask doesn’t protect the mask wearer , it protects others , so you selfless people wearing them for purely altruistic reasons ,, your motivation for wanting everyone else to wear one isn’t to protect YOU ,,it’s to protect all the others ??

Seriously? You've dredged up a comment i made 9 hours ago, just to repeat the same thing you seem to have posted half a dozen times since then? Please don't be offended if I ignore you

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Seriously? You've dredged up a comment i made 9 hours ago, just to repeat the same thing you seem to have posted half a dozen times since then? Please don't be offended if I ignore you

I won’t , I will just assume your cleaning your paint brush?

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The rates are per 100k.

Yep - the charts quoted it has a comparison figure per 100,000 vaccinated/non-vaccinated. - which on the face of it shows that in all age groups over 30, there are more cases per capita in the vaccinated 

The flipside is that the same figures go on to show that the deaths per capita in the unvaccinated are far, far higher

image.png.bfb7584e06d4d5670e0a54cf1ebcc498.png

They also show that the number of infections in vaccinated people is rising month on month

So the vaccine is working in terms of massively reducing the risk of serious illness and death (via milder infections) 

And the figures also show that total immunity is waning over time - hence the focus on boosters

I don't think this tells us anything we didn't already know

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yep - the charts quoted it has a comparison figure per 100,000 vaccinated/non-vaccinated. - which on the face of it shows that in all age groups over 30, there are more cases per capita in the vaccinated 

The flipside is that the same figures go on to show that the deaths per capita in the unvaccinated are far, far higher

image.png.bfb7584e06d4d5670e0a54cf1ebcc498.png

They also show that the number of infections in vaccinated people is rising month on month

So the vaccine is working in terms of massively reducing the risk of serious illness and death (via milder infections) 

And the figures also show that total immunity is waning over time - hence the focus on boosters

I don't think this tells us anything we didn't already know

Yup, I've never said the vaccine isn't doing a good job at protecting people ?

What it doesn't do is stop you from catching covid, nor does it stop you from passing it onto others - which is news to some people on this forum.

Furthermore, given that there are far more people vaccinated than unvaccinated and the unvaccinated are actually catching covid at higher rates than the unvaccinated that surely has to end any talk of covid passports - which is all I care about tbh.

37 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Latest Govt Figures

It’s almost like being jabbed is a bit of a magnet to the virus ??‍♂️, yet it’s those pesky unvaccinated that are creating a Petri dish for mutation not to mention we need vaccine passports to keep them out of everywhere or vaccine mandates to throw them out of jobs caring for our elderly which they did so unselfishly through all this without vaccines , not sure I’ve seen any care workers refusing regular testing ,,,hmmmm ,,,,, let’s not even get on to the subject of our children ,,

scapegoats , there always has to be scapegoats 

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

What it doesn't do is stop you from catching covid, nor does it stop you from passing it onto others - which is news to some people on this forum.

Furthermore, given that there are far more people vaccinated than unvaccinated and the unvaccinated are actually catching covid at higher rates than the unvaccinated that surely has to end any talk of covid passports - which is all I care about tbh.

I’m sure that’s not all you care about ,from reading your posts you come across as the type of person that would be disgusted at care workers who cared for our elderly through all this being rewarded by being thrown out of a job on the strength of a vaccine 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

It’s almost like being jabbed is a bit of a magnet to the virus ??‍♂️, yet it’s those pesky unvaccinated that are creating a Petri dish for mutation not to mention we need vaccine passports to keep them out of everywhere or vaccine mandates to throw them out of jobs caring for our elderly which they did so unselfishly through all this without vaccines , not sure I’ve seen any care workers refusing regular testing ,,,hmmmm ,,,,, let’s not even get on to the subject of our children ,,

scapegoats , there always has to be scapegoats 

The data does seem to suggest that blaming the unvaccinated for everything is just a tool to coerce people into getting their jab tbh.  I'd agree is takes a bit of pressure of the NHS but if you look at the death rates for the under 50s, vaccinated and unvaccinated are virtually identical.

I did read a report a few days ago that stated no research had been done into why the vaccinated were now catching covid at higher rates that the unvaccinated - just suggested that perhaps vaccinated people were more likely to resume living life again in the knowledge that they had a level of protection.  It is interesting to see the 40-60 are the age groups in which the vaccinated are far more likely to have covid than the unvaccinated, there is probably a reason for it ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I've never really fully understood the logic of vaccine passports in that respect either

I know there are some studies which have found viral loads in vaccinated people are a lot lower and therefore they pass it on less and when they do, it's a weakened virus (as the antibodies have already had a go at it) - but i think these are far from conclusive yet

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m sure that’s not all you care about ,from reading your posts you come across as the type of person that would be disgusted at care workers who cared for our elderly through all this being rewarded by being thrown out of a job on the strength of a vaccine 

Well yeah, seeing frontline workers who put their lives on the line during the worst of the pandemic, rightly applauded as heroes being kicked out of work is digusting.

I should have been clearer and said the vaccine passport issue is just about the only thing remaining from the pandemic that is personal to me - assuming they don't at some point enforce mandatory vaccination on kids.