The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 minutes ago, cstand said:

Whats wrong with having to miss out on play time done it many times when I told by a teacher never done me any harm. 
It’s up the their parents to decide not government.

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. 

The whole personal choice/libertarian thing doesn't work with masks, because it's to protect others not yourself.  It only works if everyone does the right thing. 

14 hours ago, Archied said:

Well we have a massive spend on vaccination for those that don’t need it which will expand to children even younger who are far better off to catch it and have natural immunity, we have a massive industry in throw away masks that at this rate will clog the planet with waste. Pretty dam quick, we have massive spend on tests for those that don’t need one again with a throw away waste plastic problem , we have money spinning vaccine passport, test and quarantine industry let alone the control issue , we have massive spend on track and trace ,we have the small independent s being driven out of business leaving the field for the big boys in lots of the economy and we have divided people on a scale not seen for years , just for a start

yet next to no will to spend on the actual NHS

So how have the MSM benefited from all of the above?

Or are you saying there are a few elites in cahoots with another few elites pulling the strings in all of this to make themselves even more powerful?

6 minutes ago, sage said:

The whole personal choice/libertarian thing doesn't work with masks, because it's to protect others not yourself.  It only works if everyone does the right thing. 

Thats my point we will never do the right thing unlike the plague village of Eyam in 1600s we have not moved on as society since then which I think is appalling.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

No. The only thing the government are bothered about is hospitals getting over loaded. If everyone died at home they wouldn’t be bothered. The twit mask thing is a load of baalocks and the whole thing is just being used as an excuse to put up taxes and prices. 

Seems like you’ve mastered the art of talking baalocks. 

There's a new new horrible mutant variant and it's full of all the other former horrible variants and it can bypass all defenses like a knife through butter, honest.  A couple of weeks folks, just a few restrictions, uhm travel bans, quarantining and masking, double booster, you know the drill, but there will be no lock down's, promise, well maybe just over Christmas but then we will have beaten this dastardly thing and we can go back to semi normal, uh until the next horrible variant, but Omega will be the last one, or that's what I have been told. 

This is a sneaky one folks, the young ones are most at risk now, we have to get them all vaccinated and I know that you will do your duty as good citizens, because we are all in this together.  Darn those dirty no good non vaccinated mongrels with their super spreading mutations, but we have plans for them, rest assured.  

A big hurrah for big science, big corporations, big media and big government.

9 hours ago, sage said:

Bit like the old days when it only worked if everyone followed the RIGHT religion,, oh some don’t think we are right drop the pretence move to force ??‍♂️,

you have the choice to do what we tell you ,if you don’t then we force you 

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

So how have the MSM benefited from all of the above?

Or are you saying there are a few elites in cahoots with another few elites pulling the strings in all of this to make themselves even more powerful?

I get it, and I agree that the media will hype the bad news as it sells papers. Its the old "man bites dog" is news, "dog bites man" isn't. I don't know what this variant will be like in the long run, nobody does. Let's wait and see how it goes, hope our government starts to lead people with sensible mandates for the public to follow and wait for the scientists to tell us what they discover when they analyse all the data. I will not believe the press or the government before that happens. 

30 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I get it, and I agree that the media will hype the bad news as it sells papers. Its the old "man bites dog" is news, "dog bites man" isn't. I don't know what this variant will be like in the long run, nobody does. Let's wait and see how it goes, hope our government starts to lead people with sensible mandates for the public to follow and wait for the scientists to tell us what they discover when they analyse all the data. I will not believe the press or the government before that happens. 

Which man bit a dog?

Please cite your sources because I heard 98% of men almost never bite a dog.

50 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Mass Stockholm syndrome 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

77D94ACB-1F73-4AB0-9F9D-AF4133B31BBE.thumb.jpeg.6c236cffe40505c8e118b3e218f567e6.jpeg

14 hours ago, observer said:

Sorry but this is what really got me!

I initially told HR to baalocks when they said you have to put a sign up in the toilet telling people to wash there hands!

my response of well if the dirty twits dont wash there hands already thats natural selection, wasnt acceptable

Gross!

A pub I went to in Belper had a sign on the toilet door that said only one person at a time. Off topic I know, but equally gross. I mean, what about social distancing? ??

Edited by Miggins

5 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Gross!

A pub I went to in Belper had a sign on the toilet door that said only one person at a time. Off topic I know, but equally gross. I mean, what about social distancing? ??

As the Arctic Monkeys put it, I think there's a lot of weekend rockstars in there, practicing their lines. 

I know I'm only talking to the half of people in this thread that believe in science and that accept there are people more knowledgable than they are.

But the irony is, that if all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers hadn't been anti-mask and anti-vaxx they wouldn't be whining about having to wear a mask now because there would be no need.

The new variant is here in this country, in large part, because of people who refused to wear masks and have the vaccine.

Dr. Fauci said as soon as the vaccine came out that if we cannot get at least 80%, preferably 90% of people to get vaccinated then it would just mutate.

No doubt that was all part of the great conspiracy.

And yes, I recognise that if they'd not been whining then they wouldn't be whining now, but you get my gist.

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

As the Arctic Monkeys put it, I think there's a lot of weekend rockstars in there, practicing their lines. 

As long as they wear masks and socially distance, that's fine! I guess the accoustics are better where there is porcelain.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know I'm only talking to the half of people in this thread that believe in science and that accept there are people more knowledgable than they are.

But the irony is, that if all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers hadn't been anti-mask and anti-vaxx they wouldn't be whining about having to wear a mask now because there would be no need.

The new variant is here in this country, in large part, because of people who refused to wear masks and have the vaccine.

Dr. Fauci said as soon as the vaccine came out that if we cannot get at least 80%, preferably 90% of people to get vaccinated then it would just mutate.

No doubt that was all part of the great conspiracy.

And yes, I recognise that if they'd not been whining then they wouldn't be whining now, but you get my gist.

The half that believe in CHOSEN science ,

No Whining here ,,, won’t be wearing a mask or going along with any more of the madness that’s coming end of??‍♂️