The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

21 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You are taking it out of context 03'59 Govt says no quarantine you're fine. 04,01 deemed a risk therefore quarantine. Nonsense from a logical point of view. How dangerous you are either side of 04.00 is debateable.  

I guess but if you could say the same with drink driving, if you have 49.99 milligrams you are ok, but 50.01 its drink driving. That 2 mg is negligible but you always have to have some sort of cut off.

2 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

I guess but if you could say the same with drink driving, if you have 49.99 milligrams you are ok, but 50.01 its drink driving. That 2 mg is negligible but you always have to have some sort of cut off.

Indeed - that's why you always have to wait until their 16th birthday and not a day sooner

On 09/06/2021 at 10:43, FindernRam said:

You do realise it was scientists who developed the vaccine that have, or will have. 

Personally I have no sympathy at all for those people who got caught out in Portugal. So desperate to say I've been away! They knew the risks.

I would have quarantined instantly. What logic says get home at 03.59 you're fine.04.01 you're a danger to everyone.

Same with India what idiots travelled to a place riddled with the stuff then get allowed back in with no restrictions at all. Government stupidity.

Yes, maybe, but really how much of everything is people stupidity and the same people who want to find someone to blame. 

On 09/06/2021 at 10:43, FindernRam said:

Personally I have no sympathy at all for those people who got caught out in Portugal. So desperate to say I've been away! They knew the risks.

I would have quarantined instantly. What logic says get home at 03.59 you're fine.04.01 you're a danger to everyone.

What risks if you've been double-jabbed? Or I presume you mean green, turning to 'warning', then turning to amber - like the Govt said!? Oh that didn't happen.

Edited by RoyMac5

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What risks if you've been double-jabbed?

If you've been double jabbed your risk is lower but still 10/15% and many of the people on the news moaning were too young to have ben double jabbed. Untill a passport is invented who knows, you could be sitting next to Typhoid Mary on the plane. But if she lands before the arbitary time you will be fine. A minute late you have problems.

49 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

The British public looks like having to wait for lifting of final lockdown measures , paying the price again for Government stupidity, not putting India on the red list immediately is costing us again,sick of this virus , sick of this government

This analysis from the BBC doesn't look good for the reasons given for the non-red list for India. Hopefully Hancock was asked about this yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57172793

46 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

If you've been double jabbed your risk is lower but still 10/15% and many of the people on the news moaning were too young to have ben double jabbed. Untill a passport is invented who knows, you could be sitting next to Typhoid Mary on the plane. But if she lands before the arbitary time you will be fine. A minute late you have problems.

What time would you have put on it?

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Okay I'll stay in forever then. #sarcasmon

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

This analysis from the BBC doesn't look good for the reasons given for the non-red list for India. Hopefully Hancock was asked about this yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57172793

I thought it has been stated the vaccination works against the Indian variant,  as much as it’s decreases the severity of the illness. If so then so what If we were late shutting the boarder to India. The vast majority of the population is now protected against the virus, and all but everyone who has the potential to be harmed by it is fully protected. Due to this I cannot understand the continued obsession with variants and restrictions, let’s move on and live our life’s now. 

For weeks we've been told there's nothing in the data to show that we need to keep restrictions going.

Yes cases have risen but they always would do when hospitality opened indoors but people going into hospital is still flat and below what the models were expecting 3 days before an announcement on the 14th June. 

Any other than lifting restrictions on the 21st June and people will be even further than the end of their tether 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I thought it has been stated the vaccination works against the Indian variant,  as much as it’s decreases the severity of the illness. If so then so what If we were late shutting the boarder to India. The vast majority of the population is now protected against the virus, and all but everyone who has the potential to be harmed by it is fully protected. Due to this I cannot understand the continued obsession with variants and restrictions, let’s move on and live our life’s now. 

Yep.

The bit on the Beeb reckons:

"Analysis of hospital admission rates suggests people infected by the Delta variant are twice as likely to end up in hospital than those with Alpha.

The numbers are still small, however.

Out of 33,000 cases analysed by PHE and confirmed to be the Delta variant since February, 223 have been admitted to hospital - most were unvaccinated or had only had only dose, and 20 people were fully vaccinated.

And of 42 deaths in people with Delta variant infections, 23 were unvaccinated and seven had received only one dose. The other 12 had received two doses more than two weeks before.

In the UK, more than half of all adults have now been fully vaccinated with a Covid vaccine and more than three-quarters have had one dose. But that means more than 10 million adults, mostly in their 20s, have yet to have a single dose."

Edited by RoyMac5

Rather than blaming government, as much as I'd like to, lets start pointing fingers at these uneducated, selfish fools who refuse to be vaccinated. These are the ones unfortuantely going to hospital, and potentially making it worse for everyone around them. I think we need to start taking responsibility for ourselves. Government can only go so far, if you can't registee the message of how important it is to be vaccinated then you need to be ashamed of yourself.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

For weeks we've been told there's nothing in the data to show that we need to keep restrictions going.

Yes cases have risen but they always would do when hospitality opened indoors but people going into hospital is still flat and below what the models were expecting 3 days before an announcement on the 14th June. 

Any other than lifting restrictions on the 21st June and people will be even further than the end of their tether 

Let's just stop all this BS and get on with our lives.

Sick of this pathetic government. We've had both jabs now let us live.

Rumour is the day will be pushed back to July 19th from June 21st. If so it’s obvious there are people guiding the Government who never want us to return to normal. Absolutely bunch of  CU next Tuesdays if true. 

59 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Rather than blaming government, as much as I'd like to, lets start pointing fingers at these uneducated, selfish fools who refuse to be vaccinated. These are the ones unfortuantely going to hospital, and potentially making it worse for everyone around them. I think we need to start taking responsibility for ourselves. Government can only go so far, if you can't registee the message of how important it is to be vaccinated then you need to be ashamed of yourself.

Why not ask why they’re not being vaccinated? I’m vaccinated, but don’t believe a word they’re saying. Everything we were spoonfed about the vaccine is not true now. What’s the point of the vaccine? It doesn’t work enough. 

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why not ask why they’re not being vaccinated? I’m vaccinated, but don’t believe a word they’re saying. Everything we were spoonfed about the vaccine is not true now. What’s the point of the vaccine? It doesn’t work enough. 

What?

Of course it does, the numbers in hospital compared to the number of positive cases is evidence of that. It's much safer to come out now, but the Govt. have become incredibly risk averse.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Yeh let’s start pointing finger at each other , let’s start blaming each other ,, divide and rule my friend