Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dinnitdough said:

Two half decent matches and Waghorn is on everyones starting 11.

I can't redeem him that quickly, no goals on open play, a red card and a lot of matches as a lone forward with no goals.

Sure he does a better job in midfield or on the wing, but there is plenty of talent on the bench I would much rather play.

Oh give him another chance you know you want really.

Remember to err is human to forgive is divine  

Key to beating Watford

Well I think we need to move back quickly not give them a chance to settle down but also running with the ball with pace. I do think playing selby behind front 3 or Patrick Robert's. But also hold play of Richard's do we go with lee Gregory or martin waghorn with front 2 pairings I personal go with lee Gregory one weakness I think watford is there defence I think he will cause them issues.

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Yeah, it happened against Wycombe. Hope this helps.

Rooney seemed quietly confident after the game that he'd make Fridays game. I don't think anything else has been communicated as of yet. 

Hope he is ok.....we went to pieces when he went off against Wycombe 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Key to beating Watford

Well I think we need to move back quickly not give them a chance to settle down but also running with the ball with pace. I do think playing selby behind front 3 or Patrick Robert's. But also hold play of Richard's do we go with lee Gregory or martin waghorn with front 2 pairings I personal go with lee Gregory one weakness I think watford is there defence I think he will cause them issues.

Biggest improvement would be making better using of our ball in the final third. We need to get there quicker on the break and not give it away when we get there. Quicker passing before running into players and losing it will be improved hopefully when Roberts is playing. A total no nonsense midfield and defence will cut down their attacks. As Wayne has said, we need to stop giving free kicks away.

Tough call as to who to go for for this one... I think I'd go with 3 CBs to limit the effect Watford's front 3 could have... however, I've also been relatively impressed with 2 up front.

Marshall
Wisdom, Edmundson, Clarke
Byrne, Knight, Bird, Shinnie, Buchanan
Kazim, Gregory

Subs: Roos, Forsyth, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Lawrence, Mengi, Sibley, Roberts, Watson

It looks so much better having options on the bench that could change things if needed.

Let's make it 7 wins out of 8! COYR! ?

This is a hard one and I will be glad for anything from it. We are playing better, but they Are a very good team and they should be given the players that they have. If I was a Watford fan I would expect to be promoted this season. 

I would play CKR and Gregory up top and get the ball in the box. It’s about time we had a penalty and Joz has the skill in the box to draw one. 

we can win this but it’s a tough but not impossible ask

8 hours ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Disagree with that. Personally I think it is Byrne who was been the most consistent. 

Suppose Rbs get overlooked and to be fair he has created more chances for us than any other player. However Wisdom edges it to me personally with his leadership on the pitch this season. For me he seems to be a player the lads look up to both on and off the field and has really stepped up his games. 

Every game in this bang average division is winnable, dont be surprised if we get a result tomorrow night. 

I am backing Rooney and his back room staff to put a plan together to get us a very unlikely Derby win i am going for a hard earned 2-0, victory to the super Rams, always good to be pisitive before any game, goals from Knight and Waghorn. 

3 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I can deal with losing this as long as we beat udders. 

Roberts for joz and return of the backs. 

As a Derby fan i can never deal with losing to any other championship club, all games in this division is winnable, we have a decent record against the teams in the top half, for me like Mr Rooney we need to concentrate on a game a time, and like Mr Rooney i believe we can get something from this game if not a win, then a draw at the least. Once A Positive Ram Always A Positive Ram. 

Archived