Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

Looking forward to tonight’s game 

in terms of Hughes moving on we all knew he would do but the biggest disappointment was him moving on for a pitiful transfer fee in modern football terms and to a club well below his ability ( that should upset any lurking watford followers) 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I don’t think Shinniesta will be as sentimental as our fans. He will be picking bits of blonde hair and skin out of his boots tomorrow morning.

The Will versus Shinnie battle will decide the game. I think that Shinniesta may come off best but Will can pass the ball in one movemrnt so Shinnie must stay very tight on him or that Will be it.

If we win this AND put in a good performance, on what will hopefully be a pitch in good condition, then (and only then) I might believe that we can make some mad last gasp push for the top 6.

We seem to do well passing the ball around teams that also want to win the possession stats and be able to make good chances while keeping them down to pot shots from outside the box. A repeat of the Swansea result and I think we'll be able to get a bit excited for the season run-in.

16 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Still one of my favourite Rams goals & celebrations. This video, whoever's it is, always makes me smile

Craig Bryson 2014/15 in a 2-1 win

I was in that stand that day. Great away day and I believe Omar Mascarell's finest appearance in a Rams shirt.

23 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Still one of my favourite Rams goals & celebrations. This video, whoever's it is, always makes me smile

Great game that. I was just a bit further in towards the goal so got a cracking view. We went mental. 

We had Butland and Ibe playing for us that day. That was near our peak I think. Prime Mac1......how I miss that kind of performance.... ?

29 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I was 100% convinced after this game that we were going to win the league, think it was the week after we spanked Wolves 5-0. Why did it have to go so wrong?

17 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I for one will be quite happy to finish about 10th this season, don't want to be in the play-off's come the end of the season. We need to build a team that is good enough to stay in the premier league. I would also be happy with a point tonight. 

Really? Take the chance when we can,  been in this league for 14 seasons is it,   not in a position to pick and choose when we go up. Strengthen when we do.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really? Take the chance when we can,  been in this league for 14 seasons is it,   not in a position to pick and choose when we go up. Strengthen when we do.

JimboRam if we went up with this team we would be worse than 2007/08 team. Our team is made up of 5/6 loan players and about the same numbers who are out of contract, there isn't one player in our team who  is good enough for the premier league. 

Just now, ziggyram59 said:

JimboRam if we went up with this team we would be worse than 2007/08 team. Our team is made up of 5/6 loan players and about the same numbers who are out of contract, there isn't one player in our team who  is good enough for the premier league. 

We would spend much more heavily than we would ever have dreamed of in 07/08. We'd have to because half the team is out of contract/going back to parent clubs at the end of the season.

However, this time, we'd have someone in charge that can actually attract high quality players on his reputation alone and the Premier League prize money would allow us to splash a fair bit of cash compared with what we did before. I've got no doubt that if the crazy did happen and we got promoted (not counting chickens though) we'd be able to put together a strong team to make a good go of it.

4 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Doesn’t matter, worse case scenario we go back down with the parachute money that will give us the finance to build a side that will go up and be able to compete. We won’t get in to the play offs this season anyway.....

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Doesn’t matter, worse case scenario we go back down with the parachute money that will give us the finance to build a side that will go up and be able to compete. We won’t get in to the play offs this season anyway.....

But in the summer you loan out the guys you would like back if you get relegated the following season.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Great game that. I was just a bit further in towards the goal so got a cracking view. We went mental. 

We had Butland and Ibe playing for us that day. That was near our peak I think. Prime Mac1......how I miss that kind of performance.... ?

Yep, us too. We were right in line with the shot. Great away days.

29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I agree with you there my friend. 

32 minutes ago, roboto said:

We would spend much more heavily than we would ever have dreamed of in 07/08. We'd have to because half the team is out of contract/going back to parent clubs at the end of the season.

However, this time, we'd have someone in charge that can actually attract high quality players on his reputation alone and the Premier League prize money would allow us to splash a fair bit of cash compared with what we did before. I've got no doubt that if the crazy did happen and we got promoted (not counting chickens though) we'd be able to put together a strong team to make a good go of it.

It would be nice but I think it won't happen. 

43 minutes ago, AGR said:

I was 100% convinced after this game that we were going to win the league, think it was the week after we spanked Wolves 5-0. Why did it have to go so wrong?

My mate's a Watford diehard and goes to all their home games. We spoke after that game. He was adamant we were by far and away the best team he'd seen that season and was certain we'd go up, as I confess, was I ?

Archived