Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

Somewhat the team I would have expected, let’s hope it’s the right one. My main concern is Kazim-Richards who I think has looked a bit off it in general play the last couple of games, despite his wonder goal. Maybe the switch back to 4-3-3 will suit him more. Not like we have any other option for that role really anyway, don’t think Gregory is suited to it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jono said:

I have a huge soft spot for the Hatters as they are my Nephews team ( I’ve got his Sky log in for tonight - good boy will be remembered in my will ?) .. they got shafted by the EFL, have an antediluvian old style stadium and a base of die hard fans who stick by them in none league football. Luton is a dump but Eric Morecambe loved them. They are the epitome of what lower league football means. They keep putting their heads over the parapet to get shot at .. and when it hurts they come back for more. Nephew says he almost doesn’t care as long as they stay in the champ and we get a family Derby V Luton meet up every year. Mind you, hope they lose on Saturday, we need someone to jump over 

In all my 58 years, today was looking like being the very first day in which I learned absolutely nothing!

So a massive thanks for posting the word "antediluvian".  Having now Googled it, I will do my utmost to use it myself over the coming days.

??

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

Recently listened to the Will Hughes podcast and he mentioned that he’d played with Bird so I’m looking forward to seeing them up against each other.

A big chance for Bird to show what he can do! 

I think you may have misheard him. I listened to that podcast and I'm sure he said he'd once had a play with a Derby bird. ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In all my 58 years, today was looking like being the very first day in which I learned absolutely nothing!

So a massive thanks for posting the word "antediluvian".  Having now Googled it, I will do my utmost to use it myself over the coming days.

??

I just hope that the flood isn't goals into our net.

Hopefully Bird can play a bit further up the pitch as it's where he's looked better.

Clarke is going to be a big miss, chance for Edmundson to show what he's about, same goes for Roberts who hopefully will give us more attacking threat. That said I think we will miss Joz from a defensive perspective.  

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why does any promotion need to be based on organic growth? 

The longer we suppurate in the Championship increases the likelihood that the players we acquire to build our team will be cherry picked from us anyway. 

Never understood the rationale or logic behind statements like that 

I thought supper ate was an evening meal out but suppurate means to form pus or fester. I see no Fester except in the Adams family. Suppurate is the only word that I ever had to look up on the forum so a great opportunity to include some unusual words. Platyhelminth - a flatworm. Let us hope that we are not flattened or worm out of tackles this evening.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’m weirdly looking forward to this tonight. Happy to see the 4-3-3, and Bird, return, too.

Optimism? First time I’ve felt it for a while! 

Stop feeling it, there is a match on. ?

4 minutes ago, networker1884 said:

Luton? Blimey, is that how desperate it's become? haha

Hey, remember who our first game was when we got promoted to the top flight under Arthur 

6 hours ago, superzak said:

Seen them 5 times live..the Wembley concert with biffy Clyro and my chemical romance was brilliant.

I’ve seen them 3 times -  Nottingham, Wembley a d then the O2 for the Drones tour, which is the best gig I have ever seen. Couldn’t get tickets for the Simulation Theory tour, so looking forwards to tonight. 

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For duck’s sake, we’re 17th. I thought we’d at least get a break from the whole “I don’t want to go up this year because we’re not good enough for the Premier League” crap.

Get ya self an ale and settle in for the ride ?

image.jpg

Archived