Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really? Take the chance when we can,  been in this league for 14 seasons is it,   not in a position to pick and choose when we go up. Strengthen when we do.

I tend to agree but people would rather we go up convincingly as champions next season with a great side and where we can actually be there in person. Most of all I think it's the fear of last time we were in the premier League, we clearly weren't 'ready' or good enough. It seems to have scarred the club. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

I for one will be quite happy to finish about 10th this season, don't want to be in the play-off's come the end of the season. We need to build a team that is good enough to stay in the premier league. I would also be happy with a point tonight. 

Why does any promotion need to be based on organic growth? 

The longer we suppurate in the Championship increases the likelihood that the players we acquire to build our team will be cherry picked from us anyway. 

Never understood the rationale or logic behind statements like that 

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The longer we suppurate in the Championship increases the likelihood that the players we acquire to build our team will be cherry picked from us anyway. 

Exactly 

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I always thought he was a bit scholls like in his tackles. Even used to worry he’d injure himself. Is that rose tinted nostalgia ?

Always looked like he would injure himself is correct.  Almost like he had to wade into tackles because he wasn't really up to it.  His tackling always seemed heavy. Never the same player once we started putting that element to his game then the injury.  Was that injury tackling someone or innocuous, can't remember.

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

JimboRam if we went up with this team we would be worse than 2007/08 team. Our team is made up of 5/6 loan players and about the same numbers who are out of contract, there isn't one player in our team who  is good enough for the premier league. 

We won't need to worry about that this year, but if we did i'm all for it .  On paper you could have said that about Cox's team. Half that side that started in 87 were playing 3rd division footy two years before.  A club of our size shouldn't class 07/08 as a defining season. We'd be attractive to plenty of players if we could pay the wages. Just more prudency than before on contract length. Bring in a few and we've as much a chance of staying up as any and more than a lot. If we don't it won't be eleven points . At the minute we risk being stuck here forever with any decent players being picked off every year.  The consolidating and going next year is unworkable in todays football world.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Are you ever not miserable?

1 hour ago, Malty said:

I’m so excited about tonight. If we win we go above Luton!!

Not wishing to be pedantic (for a change!), but merely for info:

A 2 goal (or bigger!) winning margin will give us a better GD, and put us above them.

2-3 (win) or higher scoring one goal margin will put us level on GD, and us above Luton on Goals Scored.

A 1-2 win will put us level on points, GD & GS. (Above them alphabetically, I presume?)

A 0-1 win will keep us below them, on goals scored.

...My money's on a draw!  ?

Archived