Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

All because he doesn’t play Sibley !

No. Because we’ve stopped passing and started hoofing it. The quality is very poor. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can't understand when we've snatched a last minute win in a bloody difficult match  that posters are lining up to have a dig, either at individual players, the manager, or the team as a whole.

It's almost like it's more important for you to prove your status as an amateur FM genius than it is for you to jump up and down, celebrate with the players and take the win with a big grin on your face.

We've come out of matches this season where we have played ten times better than that with zero points so I am not going to complain when we're the ones coming away with the points.

I'm not sure some people understand that it's the Manager's job to do that and it's our job to get behind the team.

We kept going tonight until the final whistle and we won. Fact.

All that. ^. Spot on. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The freekick hit the post and fortunately landed for Wisdom. It was a fluke. The corner today wasn't near a single Derby player and should have been dealt with comfortably. My point is about open play regardless, I just don't think he offers enough. You mentioning 4 goals of which Waghorn got quite lucky for isn't really a compelling case. 

The only compelling case is we are 6 points better off 

Just now, RamNut said:

No. Because we’ve stopped passing and starting hoofing it. The quality is very poor. 

I agree we were poor tonight but we kept going. .

Wycombe beat Huddersfield 3-2 on Saturday so I think their confidence was up .

It’s not easy in a relegation 6 pointer so let’s be happy tonight  

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We’ve just scrambled a lucky win off the bottom team in the second division after a poor performance and you are comparing him to simeone five points clear at the top of la liga. 

?

No I didn't, Gary Neville did. Keep up ?

The biggest lesson of this game is that you play your strongest lineup. It was clear that he was resting players for Watford. You don't do that in this league. We aren't Man U. All eyes on your current fixture because bottom of the league can be tougher than top of the league. Nothing is guaranteed. 

Thats exactly the sort of match we always lose against a struggling team and when a win would be really useful in the table. Can see why we started without Byrne and Buchanan but we seemed to really miss their runs.  But Wisdom was immense - totally cool, calm and collected until he scored!!!  I felt like we got promoted so very very happy. Cant beat a last minute goal which has usually gone against the run of play and against us this season. About time we had one ????

Awful performance .... somehow a win ... never turn down a win 

I’ve seen a lot of people ask why Waghorn is getting it in the neck at the moment .... well tell me what he did 2 free kicks miles over the bar one corner that led to an own goal ... at one point he had a ball out right that he controlled then inexplicably kicked it into touch the fact that some people thinks he was one of our better players today’s ... this speak more to the fact most others were terrible 

I don’t say this much but Wisdom has looked a different player under Rooney  ... under Cocu the guy was awful heading out ... he was our best player today I feel not just the goal which was obviously the icing on the cake 

The less said about Knight at the moment the better young lad I know bags of energy but hardly saw him tonight though ... think a little bit of burnout rash tackle for the penalty

Biggest shock our two best attacking options and possibly two best players both left on the bench ????? 

Which brings us to the strangest loss of form Jozwiak at the moment in the last few games has looked terrible 

Ratings

Marshall 7 Mengi 6 Clarke 7 Wisdom 8 Forsyth 7 Shinnie 6 Knight 4 Waghorn 6 Jozwiak 5 Gregory 5 Kazim 6 

Edmondson 6 Roberts 7 Bird 6 Byrne 6 Buchanan 6 

Roberts has surely got to start a game  next time out bar one over hit pass he provided something Waghorn and Jozwiak failed to provide ... penetration 

They say win ugly well that one smacked its face on the door on the way out 

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, that Waghorn. The two ''assists'' tonight, were both extremely fortunate, the CKR goal at the weekend his pass was actually poor for and had to be swept up, the corner vs Boro was good. He still doesn't offer enough in open play. 

Life is complicated .. but you know what .. sometimes like that golfer said .. the more I practice the luckier I get 

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can't understand when we've snatched a last minute win in a bloody difficult match  that posters are lining up to have a dig, either at individual players, the manager, or the team as a whole.

It's almost like it's more important for you to prove your status as an amateur FM genius than it is for you to jump up and down, celebrate with the players and take the win with a big grin on your face.

We've come out of matches this season where we have played ten times better than that with zero points so I am not going to complain when we're the ones coming away with the points.

I'm not sure some people understand that it's the Manager's job to do that and it's our job to get behind the team.

We kept going tonight until the final whistle and we won. Fact.

Well said Ange. Some football fans these days are weird! Fact.

42 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Not a witch hunt. He has been naff for a while now and one decent FK that hit the post and bounced out to Wiz doesn't change that. Countless times his touch was awful, and his general play wasn't great. 

He has been off form for a while but his delivery from corners and work rate are keeping him in the team , he is having a hand in our goals and helping to keep clean sheets ??‍♂️

Archived