Best song with a geographical location in it.

sage

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Agreed. I’ve submitted the most eclectic spectrum of genres imaginable all on my todd, not to mention other contributions. He didn’t like “long haired lover from Liverpool”?? Heathen. 

Not saying there aren't songs I don't like...just that I feel (without hysterically over reacting) that the concept is totally ruined. 

Numbers...simple yet great tight little affair, full of surprises and lost gems.

Places? Nah...big flabby throw everything at the wall shizstorm.  Anything from planets, to specific roads, to made up places, to landmarks, to towns, to entire countries.  May as well say 'fav songs that begin with the letter t'. Just all too random for me.

Difficult second album for me, the third needs to be a belter ?

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not saying there aren't songs I don't like...just that I feel (without hysterically over reacting) that the concept is totally ruined. 

Numbers...simple yet great tight little affair, full of surprises and lost gems.

Places? Nah...big flabby throw everything at the wall shizstorm.  Anything from planets, to specific roads, to made up places, to landmarks, to towns, to entire countries.  May as well say 'fav songs that begin with the letter t'. Just all too random for me.

It should have been specific place names, I agree.

39 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Thanks for proving my assertion that on this site that, whatever is posted, some folk will find something to moan about ?