Miller in peace

crash

3 minutes ago, crash said:

that was from the bench. If you could hear Mr Stewart from row z.

good on you.

Mr Stewart this, Mr Stewart that.. Seriously pal, pull your head out of his ****. As far as I'm aware the gobshite doesn't have a DCFC account so your brown-nosing is wasted on here.

Toodle pip sunshine ?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, crash said:

being a nosey sod I was watching both forums.

The results wereas normal.

we were blaming ref.

you were blaming ref.

one thing I didn't agree with. when one of your fans , said we were dragging us down to their level.

you actually are at our level.

Why are you surprised Derby fans on a Derby forum would be biased? The result was fine, the ref was fine. I don't understand your problem? If I look on another fan forum, I do so expecting bias and not feeling the need to post about it. 

2 hours ago, crash said:

Not here to debate the match as we are two teams struggling at the moment. We struggle all the time , but live with it. I'm here to just say something about our chairman. When we were in the poo as normal, Tony Stewart a Rotherham based business man, who by his own admission knew nothing about football, but thought it could be run as a business would take over. 

none of us had heard of him

He then unbelievably said he would build a new stadium for us in the middle of town. ha ha ha..Then he did it. 20 million quid. Teams pay that for a player. He is an absolute Gent  met him several times and doesn't use bad language.

We are run ok now. Not in debt, but deffo a yoyo team. slag us off by all means, but Wayne a bit petty calliny Mr Stewart classless.

Apparently it was his grandson(?). Whoever it was, is a ducking ********.

Nothing wrong with a bit passion, the bloke can shout ‘Come on Millers’ as much as he likes and I don’t think anyone would have an issue. But giving audible stick to the referee as a senior club official is just daft, and is a bit classless to be honest.

With that being said we were well beaten in the end and I don’t think Rooney should of commented on it.

2 hours ago, crash said:

I know you have history, and fair do's. but at the moment you are like other ex prem teams. You have to be patient and not giving the . we should be beating ...etc etc.

To be fair mate at the the start of the season would you look at the fixture list and think ' we should be beating Derby'.  Probably not.  Like wise, do you not think we look at the same list and think' we should be beating Rotherham'.

Granted 5 or 6 years ago I'd expect us to hammer Bournemouth. There a bit different now with a few years up and cash, so I expect that to be a difficult game at least for a year or two.  If Rotherham ever get bankrolled, go up and come down with a squad that's cost around 80 million I'd think different.

Until then I'll always think we should beat Rotherham on any given day. That's not giving billy big baalocks . Its just the normal course of events as dictated by size of club and historical placing over time.  As we've generally been pretty average in the years we'll have played you guys there's probably not much difference in wins and losses. 

5 hours ago, crash said:

The stadium is small but enclosed. only 12000 capacity.

One thing I have to say. when it was built 50.000 tones of rubble raise the ground above flood level. We have won numerous awards for the state of our pitch.

the drainage is second to none.  think that was a new call off the other day.

The pitch was a bowling green - especially in comparison to our cow patch.

People can be wonderful and still act classless at times.

No one is infallible and when it is picked up clearly on the TV for 90 mins rather indefensible. 

I hope he continues to be great for you guys, and lovely to meet etc, but his actions needed calling out when it was so obvious. 

Rooney doesn’t make an issue of things like this normally and when we get beat he holds his hands up and puts it on the players or himself where it should be, and did for the defeat against you, lapses at the back and not finishing the chance we had. 

He mentioned the classless part as a frustration throughout the game as the expectation in an empty stadium that those in attendance should, and normally do in every other ground we have visited, conduct themselves appropriately. Your guy didn’t, end of. 

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Whatever. If you've come here to bait us you can do one mate. Here's a parting gift for ya. A reminder of what 'our level' can look like. 

He's not baiting us mate. He's here giving his honest opinion, even if it is slightly biased.

I struggle to see what relevance a game from 2 years ago has on our 'levels' this season. There's simply no way of denying the fact that Rotherham and Derby are at a similar level this season.

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He's not baiting us mate. He's here giving his honest opinion, even if it is slightly biased.

I struggle to see what relevance a game from 2 years ago has on our 'levels' this season. There's simply no way of denying the fact that Rotherham and Derby are at a similar level this season.

I haven't denied it have I? Did you even read my initial post either where i stated they would good value for the win? The weight of opinion on here has nothing to do with expecting to beat Rotherham and everything to do with how poorly we performed. Having someone tell us we need to know our place may sit alright with you, but I'm afraid it doesn't with me. In that regard I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

I was unable to listen to the second half commentary as Rams TV did not let me back in.

Was this because they:-

Would not?

Could not?

Or felt that they should not?

I now hear that someone was shouting a stream of abuse yet was not ejected bodily from the ground as used to happen at most matches as a prelude to a free ride in a jam butty.

Sorry, you were saying something about a courteous club chairman.....

8 hours ago, crash said:

Excuse me. Mr Rooney called him classless? I can't get my breath.

I will give you a smile for that. 

I'm not sure of your argument...are you saying it categorically wasnt your chairman baiting and shouting like a lunatic or saying it's fine and he can/should ? 

To be clear, if Mel was doing the same I'm sure some Derby fans would praise his enthusiasm but I would say it was classless. 

Sour grapes from WR and he should stick to commenting on things within our control. 

Lets be honest, he's no saint himself when it comes to foul mouthed abuse:-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/08/world-cup-2010-wayne-rooney-england

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348043/GRAHAM-POLL-Wayne-Rooney-gone-Rafael--I-wish-Id-sent-2005.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9749724/man-utd-Derby-rooney-dc-united-mls-referee-blast/

In his defence he appears to be a lot more respectful these days.

Personally, I'm quite appalled by this.

When did we become so prissy?

Do we really want football to be sterile and tedious?

Their Chairman and 'singing director' added a bit of colour to the game. There was no racism or homophobia - just passion and fun. I take every opportunity to wind up Forest supporting mates and enjoy it when they reciprocate. That's part of what makes football so much more than 22 blokes kicking a bag of wind around. 

And their manager beat us with better tactics - good luck and well done.

I hate the word with a passion as most who utter it are unpleasant and reactionary, but can we all stop being 'snowflakes'.

8 hours ago, crash said:

Not here to debate the match as we are two teams struggling at the moment. We struggle all the time , but live with it. I'm here to just say something about our chairman. When we were in the poo as normal, Tony Stewart a Rotherham based business man, who by his own admission knew nothing about football, but thought it could be run as a business would take over. 

none of us had heard of him

He then unbelievably said he would build a new stadium for us in the middle of town. ha ha ha..Then he did it. 20 million quid. Teams pay that for a player. He is an absolute Gent  met him several times and doesn't use bad language.

We are run ok now. Not in debt, but deffo a yoyo team. slag us off by all means, but Wayne a bit petty calliny Mr Stewart classless.

I think you need to understand that the world is not made up of two types of people; good and bad. Just because he has ran your club very well over the last few years it does not make his behaviour except on Wednesday night. You cannot say he doesn't use bad language just because he didn't bellow 'DUCKING CMON ROVRUM' into your face when you met him, when everyone who watched the match on Wednesday night heard him repeatedly swearing at officials.

His behaviour was appalling, it was like a gobby parent on Sunday league football. It was disrespectful to the officials, to Derby and if I was a Rotherham player I would have been embarrassed. Me and my dad were even chuckling that he shouted 'effing hell referee' for blowing for half time.

Calling his behaviour out was not petty at all, it was fully warranted.

Archived