Miller in peace

crash

I've wondered for a while if we're just disliked by other teams due to the behaviour of Mel Morris, then I read threads like this. We are absolutely pathetic. I really hope we don't go down because I don't think I could stand all you precious prima donnas giving it Billy Big baalocks to the likes of Accrington and Rochdale every single week, whilst crowing about what a "massive" football club Derby supposedly is. Oh, boo hoo, did you hear the bad man say a no no word? At a football game, no less! What is the world coming to?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were beaten fair and square. We made Rotherham look better than they are. We are a work in progress, so I'll let it go.

Their Chairman was acting like a bit of an arse. It did lack class. If nothing else, it was just annoying to hear him gobbing away on the broadcast. If that was Mel, I would be embarrassed.

Should Wayne have commented? Probably not. I imagine it just got on top of him after the manner of the defeat. He probably had ducking ear ache, too, which wouldn't have helped.

12 hours ago, crash said:

Not here to debate the match as we are two teams struggling at the moment. We struggle all the time , but live with it. I'm here to just say something about our chairman. When we were in the poo as normal, Tony Stewart a Rotherham based business man, who by his own admission knew nothing about football, but thought it could be run as a business would take over. 

none of us had heard of him

He then unbelievably said he would build a new stadium for us in the middle of town. ha ha ha..Then he did it. 20 million quid. Teams pay that for a player. He is an absolute Gent  met him several times and doesn't use bad language.

We are run ok now. Not in debt, but deffo a yoyo team. slag us off by all means, but Wayne a bit petty calliny Mr Stewart classless.

I watched the game live. No fans. Plenty of moaning, whineing and swearing though. There's a few at your club with a right gob on them. It was frankly embarrassing to listen to. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He might be a great guy, great Rotherham man, good owner. He was acting like a bamford.

Rooney should've probably let it go, nothing to be gained from commenting on it and came off (to me) like having a cry because his team got bullied and beaten. We were'nt strong enough, we got beat.

Exactly this. 

If we'd turned them over then am sure it wouldn't have even registered on Rooney's radar. 

Personal learning for Rooney to take forward, let's move onto the next game. 

Reminded me of the thick Bamford who sits behind me... well used to, at PPS. Bellowing something mildly intelligible and accurate to support/condemn your team is one thing, but when every sound coming out of your mouth makes you sound thick as pigshit and like you'd be incapable of stringing 5 words together in everyday life... jeez, maybe think about quieting down and not revealing yourself to be such an arse!

I do find it really bizarre and always have how some people look to criticise someone for a showing natural human reaction to someone else being a complete nob (in any given scenario) as some sort of free pass for the behaviour which elicited the reaction in the first place.

It's funny pointing out that Rooney only reacted because we lost, because at the same time I can guarantee that if we'd have won the game and Rooney still complained about his behaviour we'd have barely heard a peep from  the people criticising Rooney for reacting to it!

I watched the game. Didn’t hear anything others than “come on Millers”, “come on Rotherham”. Let’s face it we wouldn’t care what was shouted if we’d held them at 0-0 for the last 15 minutes. 

Can't deny their owner's passion, can't deny the ref was awful, can't deny we were awful. 

I am confident in saying that I would hate to watch Rotherham's football every week. It was a very antifootball performance. As much as I hate losing to the Red dogs or dirty Leeds I can't deny that they play some half decent football.

I don't think I've ever seen anything apart from a run, hoof, boot it performance from Rotherham. 

14 hours ago, crash said:

We are run ok now. Not in debt, but deffo a yoyo team. slag us off by all means, but Wayne a bit petty calliny Mr Stewart classless.

We were poop and that's on us not on anyone at Rotherham

My biggest issue is - What the hell was the chairman doing there when we're in a national lockdown?

The players, manager, some coaches and medical staff need to be there - But I see absolutely no necessity for a chairman to be at the game? What active contribution was he making to the game being played? Couldn't he have watched from home like everyone else?

26 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We were poop and that's on us not on anyone at Rotherham

My biggest issue is - What the hell was the chairman doing there when we're in a national lockdown?

The players, manager, some coaches and medical staff need to be there - But I see absolutely no necessity for a chairman to be at the game? What active contribution was he making to the game being played? Couldn't he have watched from home like everyone else?

at the time I thought they had let in some supporters and I was a bit upset by that.  To hear it was the chairman and others in the directors box is amazing.  What was the song he was singing at the end?

14 hours ago, crash said:

one thing I didn't agree with. when one of your fans , said we were dragging us down to their level.

you actually are at our level.

Since you're a Rotherham fan, you should know what I'm about to say.

Your style of play is intended to strangle life out of games, trying to make them a battle, pressing incredibly aggressively with low PPDA (Passes Allowed Per Defensive Action), playing to your strengths. It's obvious there is a technical gap between Rotherham and most teams in the league, your squad obviously has limitations and Warne bridges that gap by playing the style he does, to limit any edge their opponents have.

22 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Your style of play is intended to strangle life out of games, trying to make them a battle, pressing incredibly aggressively with low PPDA (Passes Allowed Per Defensive Action), playing to your strengths. It's obvious there is a technical gap between Rotherham and most teams in the league, your squad obviously has limitations and Warne bridges that gap by playing the style he does, to limit any edge their opponents have.

Exactly and there's nothing wrong with that. It's good management, getting the best out of what you have. Fair play to Rotherham, we didn't deal with it and they beat us fair and square.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

at the time I thought they had let in some supporters and I was a bit upset by that.  To hear it was the chairman and others in the directors box is amazing.  What was the song he was singing at the end?

"you should have gone for April, you should have gone for April..." ie instead of opting for the next night to play, the other option was April which Rooney dismissed when they were discussing when to replay the postponement. 

5 hours ago, Anon said:

Oh, boo hoo, did you hear the bad man say a no no word? At a football game, no less! What is the world coming to?

Typing as a man fluent in profanity, I would take issue with the language people have been complaining about in this thread if I was watching with younger kids, say around 5 to 7 years of age, I wouldn’t want them subjected to it and I don’t think that’s unreasonable, if you’re happy with kids being subjected to effin’ and Jeffin’ cool, I’m uncomfortable with it. ?

Archived