Miller in peace

crash

I went to Rotherham with my dad at the old Milmoor. We knew the area fairly well due to my Nan living there (poor sod) anyways, I knew it wouldn’t be a football team I’d like after visiting a chip shop near the away end, we thought we should ask the local steward where we should put our rubbish.

The reply was simple, “put on’t floor, tha don’t need a bin do tha” After this and Mike Pollit trying to wind up the away end all game, I decided I didn’t like Rotherham. 

There’s a story to send you sleep and sweet dreams x

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Don't, worry, you'll be on more Fair Play points than us when you've played your games in hand.

Rovrum - 15.1 fouls per game (24th)

Derby - 12.3 fouls per game (12th)

In fact, Derby are closer to making the fewest fouls per game than you are off 4th! Dirtiest team in the league.

I meant 4th worst (oops!)

2 hours ago, crash said:

look I know you are a better team, but you are below us in the fair play.

I haven't made that up. so if we are bullies? You must be dragging us down to your level. as you said about our style of football.

you must agree on that.

Boring troll. Ban.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was actually their sad, pathetic chairman on an ego trip.

I turned the sound down half way through the second half, it was really annoying, I said to my lad it’s like being in a pub in Rotherham listening to a bloke talking to his mrs ?

anyway, I don’t mind saying it, we should be beating clubs like Rotherham more often than not, look at the league tables and you’ll find that 90% of the time (made up number), the team with the highest net spend on players and wage bill will be higher up the table. 
on the odd occasions that it doesn’t, you’ll find some reason for it, mismanagement of resources being most likely.

it’s not being arrogant or anything, it’s just a fact of life in football nowadays, there is a much bigger gap between the haves and have nots.

I didn't hear bad language but could hear him all game but again that wasn't what agrieved me

What did though was with a few minutes left he started chanting like a football fan to the tune of " your not singing anymore but with different lyrics which I can't remember.

It was the sort of chant associated with football fans not a so called respected gentleman and it was un-necessary

The fact Rooney said something pleased me because I was thinking exactly what he and many were and that it was not necessary and his bellowing voice was constant throughout the game and I found it annoying as I would've if it were a Derby Fan.......I also said to my lad hearing someone constantly shouting "ref" "ref" on every challenge and decision was annoying and what you'd expect to hear in a pub or in the local park match ....I like pubs and I like football...but he was acting like an idiot and sounded terrible...even my son commented and hes not a Derby fan 

Rotherham beat us fair and square - owners and officials are allowed to watch but they should be behaving 

Now what I do not understand at all is why are officials from football clubs being allowed to watch games in the flesh at games they are not participating in - I don’t care if they are tested regularly it shouldn’t be allowed as many people are tested regularly and are not allowed to attend for example the other day I was watching a match and Mick McCarthy is sat there just because Cardiff play one of them in a few weeks - that simply shouldn’t be allowed.

I was listening on the radio and if i was a Rotherham fan I would have been slightly embarrassed. At the end of the day the people there represent their club at the highest level and therefore behaving the way they did showed a lack of decorum and basic manners to the opposing team. Personally, I'd have been quite embarrassed if my owner had acted in such a way.  It clearly bothered the commentators throughout the match who put the question to Wayne and i am sure having just lost it was easy to say how annoying and disrespectful the behaviour was. 

On 06/02/2021 at 08:36, HorsforthRam said:

I’m not sure Rooney would have said anything. It was first brought up as a discussion point by one of the radio Derby team in the post match interview. It then got legs...

Actually, it was first mentioned by Rooney in his RamsTV interview.

I’m not going to offer comment on it all but it was definitely distracting for us on the stream, and I think I apologised for the language at one point, though I’m not sure on that. 

40 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

I’m not going to offer comment on it all but it was definitely distracting for us on the stream, and I think I apologised for the language at one point, though I’m not sure on that. 

I thought they had allowed their "volunteer ground staff" stay and watch the game, as a way to get a few fans in. Never would have thought it was the chairman/owner. 

1 hour ago, Owen87ITK said:

Yes you did @Owen87ITK. Totally understand your position. The noise did cross the boundary of decorum standards and I believe it intimidated the ref. There was a point where LB was pulverised by Rovrum players in quick succession and the ref almost reluctantly blew for a fk & his hesitation was clearly about the intimidation that often accompanied decisions for Derby. In hindsight it’s all water under the bridge but it was dead right that Wayne raised it and it wasn’t sour grapes so I support Wayne for so doing. 
ps hopefully Squires will squeeze it into the Guardian cartoon tomorrow ?

11 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

I’m not going to offer comment on it all but it was definitely distracting for us on thethe stream, and I think I apologised for the language at one point, though I’m not sure on that. 

Owen Bradley not your fault mate what there idout chairman did.

On 05/02/2021 at 10:17, Ghost of Clough said:

What do you mean? That wasn't a foul, otherwise the ref wouldn't have let play go on ?‍♂️

Oh come on. There should have been two yellows before then for "agricultural" challenges, and the studs to Bird's knee was a red. But there wasn't even a free kick. As ever, referees seem to consistently let rough-house football go, and then card a player from the receiving end for their first offence, some 70 minutes into the game. It happened in this match as well, with the ref effectively saying that kicking your opponents into submission is ok. And that is effectively what happened. Derby held up well until the first goal went in, and then simply collapsed. 

Using physicality is one way of getting results, and for years and years Derby have struggled against such teams. We are improving, hence lasting so long against Rotherham, but were eventually bullied into submission. All it needed, as is often the case, is for the ref to come in hard on it early on so that we can settle down and actually play football. You do have some good footballers at Rotherham, and maybe if you can stay up this season you will be in a position to move to a more footballing style of play.

In the end, the result was our own fault because we missed some good chances, and capitulated when we should have held firm.

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Oh come on. There should have been two yellows before then for "agricultural" challenges, and the studs to Bird's knee was a red. But there wasn't even a free kick. As ever, referees seem to consistently let rough-house football go, and then card a player from the receiving end for their first offence, some 70 minutes into the game. It happened in this match as well, with the ref effectively saying that kicking your opponents into submission is ok. And that is effectively what happened. Derby held up well until the first goal went in, and then simply collapsed. 

Using physicality is one way of getting results, and for years and years Derby have struggled against such teams. We are improving, hence lasting so long against Rotherham, but were eventually bullied into submission. All it needed, as is often the case, is for the ref to come in hard on it early on so that we can settle down and actually play football. You do have some good footballers at Rotherham, and maybe if you can stay up this season you will be in a position to move to a more footballing style of play.

In the end, the result was our own fault because we missed some good chances, and capitulated when we should have held firm.

Sarcasm doesn't travel well over the Internet 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sarcasm doesn't travel well over the Internet 

No, but your comment seemed a good place to insert my comments. It wasn't aimed at you, for sure. I am frustrtaed that we still can't cope with thug football, but I am glad we don't go for it ourselves.

It does bug me in pro football, when a team use rough house tactics, bullying, pushing, fouling. The Refs all seem to let it go and come the 2nd half when they feel for some reason (too late) to stamp their authority on the match, they go and book a player from the other team that's not been involved in the dirty play. And quite often the player that receives the 1st yellow card, had not done any previous bad fouls.  A good Ref, would call the Captain's over early in the game and tell them its going to be yellow and red cards if it persists and stick by his statement. The days of the Crazy gang (Wimbledon) should not be allowed, its not pretty and its not football.

Archived