Miller in peace

crash

Not here to debate the match as we are two teams struggling at the moment. We struggle all the time , but live with it. I'm here to just say something about our chairman. When we were in the poo as normal, Tony Stewart a Rotherham based business man, who by his own admission knew nothing about football, but thought it could be run as a business would take over. 

none of us had heard of him

He then unbelievably said he would build a new stadium for us in the middle of town. ha ha ha..Then he did it. 20 million quid. Teams pay that for a player. He is an absolute Gent  met him several times and doesn't use bad language.

We are run ok now. Not in debt, but deffo a yoyo team. slag us off by all means, but Wayne a bit petty calliny Mr Stewart classless.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, crash said:

Not here to debate the match as we are two teams struggling at the moment. We struggle all the time , but live with it. I'm here to just say something about our chairman. When we were in the poo as normal, Tony Stewart a Rotherham based business man, who by his own admission knew nothing about football, but thought it could be run as a business would take over. 

He then unbelievably said he would build a new stadium for us in the middle of town. ha ha ha..Then he did it. 20 million quid. Teams pay that for a player. He is an absolute Gent  met him several times and doesn't use bad language.

We are run ok now. Not in debt, but deffo a yoyo team. slag us off by all means, but Wayne a bit petty calliny Mr Stewart classless.

I met Tony a few years back when you were playing at Don Valley and must say I was surprised when Wazza said it was him who was shouting his mouth off. 

6 minutes ago, crash said:

Don’t know what to make of the Rooney and chairman saga but it’s good to see Rotherham competing in the championship and in a new stadium. My grandad was a miller so they are a team I will always keep tabs on. 

1 minute ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

I met Tony a few years back when you were playing at Don Valley and must say I was surprised when Wazza said it was him who was shouting his mouth off. 

Correct sir, a true gent.

1 minute ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Don’t know what to make of the Rooney and chairman saga but it’s good to see Rotherham competing in the championship and in a new stadium. My grandad was a miller so they are a team I will always keep tabs on. 

The stadium is small but enclosed. only 12000 capacity.

One thing I have to say. when it was built 50.000 tones of rubble raise the ground above flood level. We have won numerous awards for the state of our pitch.

the drainage is second to none.  think that was a new call off the other day.

4 minutes ago, crash said:

I've no problem with your chairman or Rotherham.

Like your stadium (good acoustics when I went  = cracking atmosphere). Like your manager - seen a few clips of the way he gets in his players' heads, seems an intelligent guy & he maximises your strengths. Always got time for a Northern town living where I do. Know your chairman is a local lad made good, has sunk plenty of dough into his hometown club & hope he is enjoying it mixing with the 'bigger' names.

Can't say I'm fond of your style but you clearly have some very good players - Barlaser & Crooks were excellent last night. Hope you stay up ?

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If he was the one screaming from the sidelines, it wasn't exactly classy was it? 

Absolutely. It was awful. It was often aimed at the referee. We all like to vent at football, but it had a menacing tone. It was what it was regardless of the result. I hope Rovrum stay up and I bear no ill-feeling but it was dreadful to hear throughout. Unfortunate it was amplified by the Tv stream. 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well from me crash you chairmen to far rubbing Derby noises in it and why could he not gone down to your lads well done in private but no wander why roony was hacked off.

you'll beat us next time.

why do people say we are a team of lamp posts? ?

being a nosey sod I was watching both forums.

The results wereas normal.

we were blaming ref.

you were blaming ref.

one thing I didn't agree with. when one of your fans , said we were dragging us down to their level.

you actually are at our level.

@crash Admire your loyalty buddy, but can I recommend that if you're here to defend the indefensible, that you head to our Coronavirus thread where you'll be welcomed with open arms. On the footy threads, however, given the way your 'true gent' of a Chairman conducted himself yesterday, not so much. The foul-mouthed screeching and coordinated baiting of the officials left a bad taste which is a shame really as it has overshadowed the fact that your lads put in a hard shift and were value for the win, on this occasion.

10 minutes ago, crash said:

being a nosey sod I was watching both forums.

The results wereas normal.

we were blaming ref.

you were blaming ref.

one thing I didn't agree with. when one of your fans , said we were dragging us down to their level.

you actually are at our level.

Whatever. If you've come here to bait us you can do one mate. Here's a parting gift for ya. A reminder of what 'our level' can look like. 

Archived