Miller in peace

crash

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only observation I'd make is would Rooney have called their chairman out if we'd have won the game 3-0?

Does smack of sour grapes to a certain degree, for the avoidance of doubt I don't condone foul and abusive language but not having the advantage of watching the game I can't comment on what actually was said. 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be fair mate at the the start of the season would you look at the fixture list and think ' we should be beating Derby'.  Probably not.  Like wise, do you not think we look at the same list and think' we should be beating Rotherham'.

Granted 5 or 6 years ago I'd expect us to hammer Bournemouth. There a bit different now with a few years up and cash, so I expect that to be a difficult game at least for a year or two.  If Rotherham ever get bankrolled, go up and come down with a squad that's cost around 80 million I'd think different.

Until then I'll always think we should beat Rotherham on any given day. That's not giving billy big baalocks . Its just the normal course of events as dictated by size of club and historical placing over time.  As we've generally been pretty average in the years we'll have played you guys there's probably not much difference in wins and losses. 

I understand this although I would say we would only ‘expect’ to beat Rotherham due to recent finishes in or near playoffs whereas Rotherham have been lower championship/ higher league 1. Size of clubs wouldn’t come into it for me. Smaller clubs than Derby would typically be disappointed not to beat us, especially in the last couple of seasons. 

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The only observation I'd make is would Rooney have called their chairman out if we'd have won the game 3-0?

Does smack of sour grapes to a certain degree, for the avoidance of doubt I don't condone foul and abusive language but not having the advantage of watching the game I can't comment on what actually was said. 

To be fair - more has been made of it because we lost. I'd like to think Wazza would have still highlighted it had we won but more in jest. 

Had fans been in the stadium we wouldn't have heard him so no big deal, but christ it was annoying. Reminded me of playing Sunday league with a moronic parent screaming for his son to kick the other kids up in the air! We all know someone like that. 

One thing to note on Rotherham - Matty Crooks has looked good everytime I see him play. We think Knight has energy, this guy rivals him in that department and is very effective in the midfield with his size and strength to carry the ball. While slightly unorthodox he'd be a very good player in any side.  

1 minute ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Tbf - more has been made of it because we lost. I'd like to think Wazza would have still highlighted it had we won but more in jest. 

Had fans been in the stadium we wouldn't have heard him so no big deal, but christ it was annoying. Reminded me of playing Sunday league with a moronic parent screaming for his son to kick the other kids up in the air! We all know someone like that. 

I just think if it was mentioned if we had won then again it would have been taken as a sly dig or jibe which again would have been unnecessary even to mention at all - we won the game so let him fill his boots going forward if that's the reaction that his abuse gets?

I understand how annoying it must have been but Rooney's reaction was obviously severely affected by his team coming away with a 3-0 reverse. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I just think if it was mentioned if we had won then again it would have been taken as a sly dig or jibe which again would have been unnecessary even to mention at all - we won the game so let him fill his boots going forward if that's the reaction that his abuse gets?

I understand how annoying it must have been but Rooney's reaction was obviously severely affected by his team coming away with a 3-0 reverse. 

well thank god for that

Rotherham beat us fair and square the other night, no arguments there. Better team all over the pitch and we deserved nothing from the game. Doesn’t change the fact that your chairman did not conduct himself how you would expect in the Championship though. That sort of behaviour might be acceptable in non league, but this is the professional game now, and he needs to start acting like it. Rooney is absolutely right to call it out because it isn’t acceptable - nothing to do with trying to deflect away from the performance, which I’m sure he is aware was absolutely woeful.

49 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

One thing to note on Rotherham - Matty Crooks has looked good everytime I see him play. We think Knight has energy, this guy rivals him in that department and is very effective in the midfield with his size and strength to carry the ball. While slightly unorthodox he'd be a very good player in any side

He's a sly, dirty player that should have been sent off for his stamp on Bird. 

46 minutes ago, rynny said:

He's a sly, dirty player that should have been sent off for his stamp on Bird. 

I'm shocked he missed this tbh, you could tell by the reactions of every player around him it was a stamp. Jeremy Simpson is a clown, easily one of the worst referees in England.

Archived