Teden Mengi - signed on loan until the end of the season

Arsene Titman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Still early on in his time with us, but based on the few appearances so far would folks be keen to have him on loan for a second year? If man u were willing to let him go again I'd say yes.

Considering our lack of CBs in the squad it could be good to have him back having built up some rapport and gained experience over half a season. Providing he doesnt have a total mare in the next 10 games of course.

53 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Still early on in his time with us, but based on the few appearances so far would folks be keen to have him on loan for a second year? If man u were willing to let him go again I'd say yes.

Considering our lack of CBs in the squad it could be good to have him back having built up some rapport and gained experience over half a season. Providing he doesnt have a total mare in the next 10 games of course.

100% I would take him back next season. Only going to get better the more he plays. Reminds me alot of Tomori, rough around the edges but has pace to get himself and the team out of trouble. Also worth remembering Tomori had loans at Brighton & Hull before he joined us and wasnt setting the world alight for them, took him a couple of loans to improve so I reckon Mengi could be a regular starter next season.

I would also be keen on keeping Edmundson on a permanent, think he and Mengi could form a decent partnership and wont need any time to settle in so wouldnt be 'new' signings.

16 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I was expecting better to be honest.

Poor touch and positional awareness so far.

I think his height will be his longer term detriment - is he a centre back or a full back etc.

34 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think his height will be his longer term detriment - is he a centre back or a full back etc.

The lads played a handful of first team games for a team struggling for points in a highly competitive league... but yeah we can all tell from this that he won’t make it at all and definitely won’t improve any further.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

The lads played a handful of first team games for a team struggling for points in a highly competitive league... but yeah we can all tell from this that he won’t make it at all and definitely won’t improve any further.

So you agree with me then.

??

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Pretty much word identical to what many were posting about Tomori after four games and he ended up POTY......

He's possibly the best we can hope to sign in the summer window for that position (if he continues to progress and develop as expected).

I don't think Clarke will come back for a 3rd time unless Brighton have no need for him and let him leave permanently (unlikely).

I'd like to see us sign Edmundson, as he has looked composed on the ball and solid positionally in the chances he's had on the pitch. Is he out of contract this summer? If not, hopefully he won't command much of a fee. I think Rangers might be recruiting a lot to build on their new dominance in the SPL and their European chances.

• 2 months later...

Archived