Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

David

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

We might not be pretty, we might not get all the plaudits, but oh my I love it.

Experience? Pfft.

Wayne Rooney’s Derby County ??

I must admit, my biggest worry with Wayne was his perceived lack of intelligence and how he would communicate his ideas to the squad 

his interviews and philosophy are a breath of fresh air and I could listen to him to talk about football all day.

Early days but it looks like I’m eating a whole shelf full of humble pie 

well done Wayne, well done the lads!

up the rams!

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I must admit, my biggest worry with Wayne was his perceived lack of intelligence and how he would communicate his ideas to the squad 

his interviews and philosophy are a breath of fresh air and I could listen to him to talk about football all day.

up the rams!

I think his football intelligence is right up there with the best

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

up the rams!

Agree. I have really warmed to him ?

Doing a very good so far to pull us out the relegation zone, and put some teams between us and the drop now as well. Said when he took the job as caretaker that it was probably one of the hardest jobs out there, and I wasn’t convinced he had what it takes. Proving me wrong so far, but we must still be careful, as it remains early days. We could still easily drop back into serious trouble, so let’s see where we are in a month or so.

I'm sold.

You say we might not be pretty but we do play some pretty good stuff and we look like a good side. It's clear Wayne likes a high energy, pressing style. If he has the resources and opportunity to bring in players he wants to suit this style further down the line then we could be in for a very bright future, although that will remain to be seen.

What we do know though is that he has taken over a side who not only couldn't score, but couldn't keep them out the other end and were sleepwalking to League One. The way he's managed to reverse that and get us where we are tonight is brilliant.

I'm amazed at Rooney. Not only is he doing a decent job, he's doing it in exactly the way that I want. We're organised, working our socks off and attacking before teams can organise their defence. He's also being really straightforward with the fans and seemingly accepting nothing but 100% from the players.

From being embarrassed by him being undeservedly fast-tracked into the job to dreading the day that he leaves in a few short weeks. I'm suddenly delighted to support Wayne Rooney's Derby County.

7 minutes ago, Old Sawley Popside said:

Tactically and techically he appears to have a very good footballing brain (obviously he's still learning) but I feel cautiously optimistc about the future...whereas Lampard was a good manager, I feel that eventually Rooney will be great manager.

Imagine if rooney had mount, wilson and tomori....

Archived