Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

AS the saying goes... " there's no pace like Holmes' "

He covered the ground well and gave the team some raw forward momentum but his quality left a lot to be desired. Personally, I thought he was a liability on the ball and caused us more problems than he created for the opposition.

I think Rooney very quickly saw him for what he was.

Rooney seemed to have a lot of time for him. He was often seen having convivial chats. 

I'm pretty sure WR wouldn't stand in someone's way if they wanted to find first team starts if he couldn't guarantee it at Derby County. 

I think you're right talent-wise. You just know who he's going to find his shooting boots against though! 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

If that's right from what I read we got no upfront fee for holmes then that's criminal . The fee we get is all based on milestones goals scored, appearances,  promotion etc etc . Bad decision we should be getting some fee no matter how small . 

He could have stayed till the end of the season collecting a wage and then left for nothing. This way he is off the wage bill plus we might get some cash back depending on what the deal is regarding goals etc.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

He could have stayed till the end of the season collecting a wage and then left for nothing. This way he is off the wage bill plus we might get some cash back depending on what the deal is regarding goals etc.

Perhaps Huddersfield wouldn't have offered him such a good deal after sitting out the rest of the season, not playing, with us?

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

If that's right from what I read we got no upfront fee for holmes then that's criminal . The fee we get is all based on milestones goals scored, appearances,  promotion etc etc . Bad decision we should be getting some fee no matter how small . 

What could we have threatened? You can't have him, err well not til the end of the season when he can sign for nowt, no incentive based deal no nothing?!

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Huddersfield saying no upfront payment , performance payments up to £25,000 limit. Can somebody explain ?

Except not wanted here and wages off the books. Wayne wants to build a team and he knows who he wants to keep. Staying up is the target and fresh start next year.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Huddersfield saying no upfront payment ,

That's what the papers were saying

1 minute ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

performance payments up to £25,000 limit. Can somebody explain ?

Sounds like someone has their wires crossed on this one. Reports suggested nothing up front with add-ons taking it up to the £750k-£1m mark. Maybe £25k per appearance?

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

Huddersfield saying no upfront payment , performance payments up to £25,000 limit. Can somebody explain ?

Huddersfield Town are a Championship Football Club. Derby County similar. Derby County have agreed that footballer Duane Holmes can leave before his contract expires, and Huddersfield Town have given him a contract. That is much as I know, I suspect anyone knows, as the terms of the contract were undisclosed and therefore the actual details are only likely to be known by the parties involved in the transfer. 

On 26/01/2021 at 16:28, NottsRammy said:

I guess the point you're overlooking is why did we get in the position that the player could have left on a free in the summer anyway? 

Then this will at least manage your expectations about how much money we could and should have got for a player who was going to leave for nothing in a few months time anyway.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I guess the point you're overlooking is why did we get in the position that the player could have left on a free in the summer anyway? 

Then this will at least manage your expectations about how much money we could and should have got for a player who was going to leave for nothing in a few months time anyway.

Because the club considered it wasn’t a good idea to give a contract to a player who didn’t want to stay and couldn’t get in the team on merit anyway 

Rooney has hereby sent a message to all existing and potential DCFC players that the hairdryer is plugged in and will always be used if need be. Well done boss Wayne! He will only tolerate good apples in the barrel, in the best interests of all the good apples. Also sends a message to the Board.

Archived