Bobby Duncan Fan Club

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Derby absolutely slated him today. I didn’t watch so can’t confirm if it was unjust. 

Cited a lack of desire to close down opposition, lack of movement and generally looked like he wouldn’t bust a gut to get to a ball. 

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I'm excited by the prospect of Duncan. However, I thought Cresswell was the more impressive today. That said, neither had much service. (Not a criticism of the team who performed well against the odds)

Definitely agree that Cresswell looked better today. I was really impressed with him. 

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

Radio Derby absolutely slated him today. I didn’t watch so can’t confirm if it was unjust. 

Cited a lack of desire to close down opposition, lack of movement and generally looked like he wouldn’t bust a gut to get to a ball. 

He should stick to talking about trains because the idiot knows nothing about football. 

The guy played the full 90 after hardly kicking a ball since falling out of favour at Fiorentina. I’m not surprised he wasn’t busting a gut for the whole match.

I thought he got into good positions and had some good touches early on but our midfield was overrun and he wasn’t able to get into the game.

He was never going to win all the high balls punted up to him, Cybulski was also bullied out of the contested headers when he came on.

He has a bright future, but needs more time in the U23s actually playing.

Unfair to judge the lads performance on one game especially the circumstances i.e. our youngsters who struggled with the physicality of Chorley which they don’t see in U18 / U23 games.

For what service Bobby Duncan got he battled / chased every ball - I personally think he will do well with us when he gets another 1st team chance -  our last Bobby D didn’t do too bad for us so keep the faith.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

I watched the game and I posted in the game thread that he flattered to deceive.  He looked either laboured or lazy. I just hope he isn't ready and will improve 

I've only ever seen him play 5-10 mins with the u23s so far so he was probably pacing himself.

As an aside, with the limited amount of u23s we had left available today, we'd have been better off picking a full u18 team who were used to playing with each other regularly, rather than cobbling together an XI that have never played together before.

Archived