Bobby Duncan Fan Club

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Didnt Eric say the  young lads need to use their Nonce ! 

I think he said Chorley "used their nonce to win the game" which sounds even worse, especially considering the age of some of our players??

Steele is the best ex-player analyst they've ever had on Radio Derby (with the possible exception of Wassall) but someone really needs to gently explain to him the difference between the words 'nonce' and 'nous', which is presumably what he means!

3 hours ago, Red Ram said:

I think he said Chorley "used their nonce to win the game" which sounds even worse, especially considering the age of some of our players??

Steele is the best ex-player analyst they've ever had on Radio Derby (with the possible exception of Wassall) but someone really needs to gently explain to him the difference between the words 'nonce' and 'nous', which is presumably what he means!

He's probably also thinking of bonce, as in head/brain, use your bonce.

I have no recollection of Wassall ever doing Radio Derby, when was that? Unless you meant Rowett?

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

He's probably also thinking of bonce, as in head/brain, use your bonce.

I have no recollection of Wassall ever doing Radio Derby, when was that? Unless you meant Rowett?

Long time ago. May have only been on an occasional basis. Before Rowett, who was also pretty good, did it I think.

To be fair to bobby he has played his first competitive football match in 10 months I believe. His game is also not running in behind or being a big hold up man. He’s actually not very quick or strong but he has footballing intelligence that not many people have. He’s a natural goal scorer. He’ll find the pockets of space and create a shooting or passing opportunity. He’d actually suit a championship game more that that Chorley game as you get a bit more time on the ball in the championship. Maybe not this season and maybe not even next season. But I’m going to tell you now that Bobby Duncan will play for Derby in the championship he is good enough. I saw enough in that Chorley match to see that technically he is good enough and his footballing intelligence will get him very far. I was also a massive fan on hutchinson and ebosele and Solomon. I thought Solomon was the pick to be honest he’s and incredible cb.  Thought the rest were decent but not at the standered yet. 

On 10/01/2021 at 12:32, Red Ram said:

Seem to recall 'nonce' was just a word made up for 'Porridge' as they weren't allowed to swear.  

Think on Sat it was one of those where you have two or three words in your head and mangle them into another ....'noggin, bonce, nous'... Stuart Pearce is amazing at them. 

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Seem to recall 'nonce' was just a word made up for 'Porridge' as they weren't allowed to swear.  

Think on Sat it was one of those where you have two or three words in your head and mangle them into another ....'noggin, bonce, nous'... Stuart Pearce is amazing at them. 

Not Of Normal Criminal Enterprise.

Been in prison slang for a long time. Used to be Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise or something way, way back. 

Great sounding insult. Like Bamford or Hippo's Yawn. 

Just not for afternoon radio. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Steele says it pretty regularly to be honest. Like I say though, he's an excellent analyst and generally very articulate - just something he's got mixed up. Pity it happens to be something with such unfortunate connotations?

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Thought you might be interested in this comment Boby made in reply to a supporter on his Instagram after Saturday's match.

Not necessarily his type of game and fully aware of this. Also great that he takes the time to reply.

Screenshot_20210111-114723_Instagram.jpg

and ellebiggerstaff appears to understand the game of football a lot more than those that chose to write our young kids off after 90 minutes of football in conditions that favoured the team that the bookmakers had down to win the game.

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Nonce is prison slang for a rapist or paedo. It's that simple. It's a reference to the fact that such types are 'not on normal communal exercise' as they tend to get the granny kicked out of them for obvious reasons. Others terms used include 'beasts' or 'bacons'. Grasses, and ex-coppers fall into the same category but nonce is a term almost exclusively reserved for known sex cases.

Oddly, people use the term in all manner of inappropriate ways these days, presumably because they don't actually know what it really means, but you need to be very careful who you call a nonce as you may end up getting battered if the guy happens to be an ex-con. 

Archived