Bobby Duncan Fan Club

Inverurie Ram

16 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Nonce is prison slang for a rapist or paedo. It's that simple. It's a reference to the fact that such types are 'not on normal communal exercise' as they tend to get the granny kicked out of them for obvious reasons. Others terms used include 'beasts' or 'bacons'. Grasses, and ex-coppers fall into the same category but nonce is a term almost exclusively reserved for known sex cases.

Oddly, people use the term in all manner of inappropriate ways these days, presumably because they don't actually know what it really means, but you need to be very careful who you call a nonce as you may end up getting battered if the guy happens to be an ex-con. 

It comes from way back when old school criminals would regard certain crimes as ‘nonsense  crimes’ as in makes no sense. This could include a range of offences that a career criminal looked down on.  Times change and these days the only crimes/criminals that are really looked down on in Jail are Sex Offenders and so still carry that status, now shortened to just ‘Nonce’.

So I’m told.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/01/2021 at 17:30, Ruud Aralliss said:

It comes from way back when old school criminals would regard certain crimes as ‘nonsense  crimes’ as in makes no sense. This could include a range of offences that a career criminal looked down on.  Times change and these days the only crimes/criminals that are really looked down on in Jail are Sex Offenders and so still carry that status, now shortened to just ‘Nonce’.

So I’m told.

You are correct and a very well typed statement and describing the word "Nonce"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Another one who has got to knuckle down , nothing of note in his Derby career so far , miles away from the first team , we are told hes talented , needs to start showing it

Miles away from the U23s by the look of it too.

I'm disappointed neither Duncan nor Ibe has had an impact yet, when I was excited about them joining in the summer. But don't write off either player yet. This has been a year unlike any other, and a struggle for many. Both had talked about issues surrounding mental health in the past. Also, neither of these two had played football in the months before the season started. It's actually this last issue that might be the factor.

We have seen Rooney wants a very high level of intensity from his players. They don't simply need to be fit, they need to be a lot fitter again, to be at the level he wants to play. Coming from such long layoffs, it may well be these players are having their own very intensive individual training before the distractions of playing matches come into the equation. Just hopeful speculation on my part. I still have faith Bobby Duncan can become a legendary Ram's scorer.

So I’m told.

Not of normal criminal element is the term 

So I’m told.

It comes from when prisoners would have 'Not Of Normal Criminal Element' written on their prison card. Acronyms are where a lot of this stuff comes from - for example, belief is that the Aussies call us Pommies because the prisoners used to wear uniforms that said 'POHM' or Prisoners Of His Majesty.

You're welcome....

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm disappointed neither Duncan nor Ibe has had an impact yet, when I was excited about them joining in the summer. But don't write off either player yet. This has been a year unlike any other, and a struggle for many. Both had talked about issues surrounding mental health in the past. Also, neither of these two had played football in the months before the season started. It's actually this last issue that might be the factor.

We have seen Rooney wants a very high level of intensity from his players. They don't simply need to be fit, they need to be a lot fitter again, to be at the level he wants to play. Coming from such long layoffs, it may well be these players are having their own very intensive individual training before the distractions of playing matches come into the equation. Just hopeful speculation on my part. I still have faith Bobby Duncan can become a legendary Ram's scorer.

I agree, and I would be as happy as many if either made it to our first team (who wouldn't). I've seen Duncan play two full games - Chorley and Chelsea-U23 - but from my limited subset I'm of the view he has a long, long way to go if he is going to break through. Let's just say Callum Ball was a better player at his age.

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

It comes from when prisoners would have 'Not Of Normal Criminal Element' written on their prison card. Acronyms are where a lot of this stuff comes from - for example, belief is that the Aussies call us Pommies because the prisoners used to wear uniforms that said 'POHM' or Prisoners Of His Majesty.

You're welcome....

Sorry, that’s a myth. 

Archived