Curtis Davies

Rammeister

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Van Rammeister said:

According to Ryan Conway Curtis has a long term Achilles injury. Contract up at end of season too.

Will likely affect thinking in transfer window.

He has injured his achilles previously, if same one. I fear that may be him done.

Feel awful for Curtis. He’s had a torn Achilles before, and if it is that again, I believe that will be him out for 6 months. That will be his season over, and at his age, possibly his career too. Would be a terrible way to go out if that is the case, he deserves better after the great career he’s had.

It does surely add a CB to the January priority signing list though, and probably a permanent one at that. With Davies out, and Te Weirik seemingly binned off already, we have very little cover for Wisdom and Clarke. Neither of them are currently contracted to be here next season either, so we need to start sorting that position out long term as well.

Hopefully MtW can use this as an opportunity to launch his Derby career and fans can forget the early season form that was a consequence of the whole team playing awfully. Perhaps he'll be a revelation, given the chance to force his way into a team that is performing better overall at the moment.

Gutted for Curtis. Such a likeable guy and a leader on the pitch. If he wants to go into coaching perhaps we'll keep him on with our academy or first team setup?

14 minutes ago, roboto said:

Hopefully MtW can use this as an opportunity to launch his Derby career and fans can forget the early season form that was a consequence of the whole team playing awfully. Perhaps he'll be a revelation, given the chance to force his way into a team that is performing better overall at the moment.

Gutted for Curtis. Such a likeable guy and a leader on the pitch. If he wants to go into coaching perhaps we'll keep him on with our academy or first team setup?

MTW was really a fish out of water those first couple, then did ok in a back three one match before disappearing from the face of the earth.

If he's been working hard on adapting to the English game he might get an opportunity but I think he'll probably go back to the Dutch league.

I can see us promoting another u23 if cover is needed beyond George Evans.

If that is the case, it's a real shame all round but especially for the man himself.

I wasn't too keen when we signed him because of comments he made around the time of Wee Billy's play off final - but I can no longer recall what he said and he was probably right anyway.

He has proven himself to be one of the most articulate footballers I've ever heard.

Clearly a great thinker of the game. I think he would make a very decent manager. Or, if he chooses to go into media, he's already done bits of punditry and is regularly on 5 live discussions.

I hope I'm not writing him off too soon and that he gets to continue playing with us or elsewhere.

Not the best at "playing the ball from the back" but in terms of out and out defending, headers, tackles, interceptions, he's been the best at the club since he arrived.

Excellent player. Top bloke. Ram ?

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can see us promoting another u23 if cover is needed beyond George Evans.

Trouble is I think we’re a bit short in the U23’s too aren’t we? Minkley, Cashin and Bateman, are any of these looking likely to make the step up? 

Best defender at the club still and will be a huge miss despite him being on the decline and not being the best with the ball at his feet, he bought much needed leadership, experience and organisation.

Really gutted that it’s ended this way for him with a second Achilles injury as at his age this could finish his career.

Best of luck to him with the recovery and leaves us with a big hole to fill.

56 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Trouble is I think we’re a bit short in the U23’s too aren’t we? Minkley, Cashin and Bateman, are any of these looking likely to make the step up? 

No idea, I'm sure posters who follow the u23s will have a better idea than me, but given the club's drive to get them in the team and MTW's not making the squad, I could see it happening, especially if he's wanting back himself (again, no idea what his state of mind is, but I'm sure his adventure to England isn't what he thought it was gonna be)

3 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

MTW surely can’t be that bad.

I don’t think Cocu was a bad judge of a player. I tended to agree with many of his team selections in general.

Sad for Curtis though. Suspect he would have been retiring anyway?

Well you can only judge someone on the basis of what's been presented Infront of you. And unfortunately in his limited appearances for the club MTW was absolutely wretched.

Archived